It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V-Shape UFO Formation over Iceland Volcano | Sky News 4/18/2010

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
here is a link to standard v formation flying

en.wikipedia.org...

and here are birds riding a thermal. note their is no formation as their is no need to reduce drag. because they are gliding not flying.

www.aerospaceweb.org...

" Thermals are updrafts of warm air that rise from the ground into the sky. By flying a spiraling circular path within these columns of rising air, birds are able to "ride" the air currents and climb to higher altitudes while expending very little energy in the process."

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I was watching when they first used the footage and the news reader actually states that they were a flock of geese and they were filmed to show how big the ash cloud was. The same footage was on pretty much all day so people could get an idea of the size.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jericanman

Well if its UFO's, I wish they would stop looking like flocks of birds.

It really sucks when trying to decipher the whole deal...

I personally wouldn't be surprised if it is UFO's, as I think we are due for some contact in 2010 IMO.

But this is just one of those that I can't chalk up to UFO's simply because a flock of birds much more easily accounts for the data until further revelations about the footage.

I am all eyes and ears though, would love it to be some blatant UFO's.

But for real the whole volcano event is really coincidental... I mean Iceland has been sticking it to the banksters and EU. Can you say Karma?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Very interesting!

We can easily rule out birds, planes etc...

I have a huge HD screen and despite the size and blurriness, I can make out distinct small circular shapes in formation, looking to be uniform in size and distance apart.

Is there a possibility we are only seeing what we want to? Sure

Intriguing never the less. Good find

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

Thats what I originally thought, but birds are skittish creatures, I know from someone who actually was sent over to report on the volcano that the ash and debris literally HURTS and stings, even a few miles away...

So, why would a creature with even a tiny brain, intentionally fly directly into something that would do them serious harm, then hover over it??

[edit on 19-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I have seen this video played over since yesterday and I have wondered what the strange looking white dotted objects are?#

Has anybody considered it to be weather ballons examining the atmospheric pressures and sending data back to the satellites and radar?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
Very interesting!

We can easily rule out birds, planes etc...

I have a huge HD screen and despite the size and blurriness, I can make out distinct small circular shapes in formation, looking to be uniform in size and distance apart.

Is there a possibility we are only seeing what we want to? Sure

Intriguing never the less. Good find

The more self-awareness you have/are the better your interpretation?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

I actually watched the clip live on TV!!
They are not flying through the cloud but close to it, if they were you wouldn't be able to see them.
The geese were filmed on purpose to give an idea on the size of the ash cloud.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
I was watching when they first used the footage and the news reader actually states that they were a flock of geese and they were filmed to show how big the ash cloud was. The same footage was on pretty much all day so people could get an idea of the size.

Anything living creature/being over/near an ash cloud would be cooked/melted due to intense high temperatures of volcanic ash, surely. In all fairness how would the video journalist know any better what he is really "seeing"?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Being a devoted skeptic myself, as hard as it is for me to admit this, I will say that there are many photos of UFO's near erupting and dormant volcanoes. Why?? don't know but I have seen quite a few. So that pic is kinda coincidental.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
When you look carefully you can actually see that the "V" shape is within the cloud at times. The clouds pass in front of the "V" which means there is a part of the cloud between the camera and the "V". It is also only visible when the camera zooms straight in. I reckon it won't be birds.

Birds fly in a "V" shape when travelling great distances because this shape creates less drag for those at the back. When danger strikes you quickly see these "V" shapes dispersing. You can see this sometimes if you look up at migration time.

I don't have any idea what it is. Technically it could be construed as a UFO (unidentified flying object) - it is unidentifiable, it APPEARS to be flying and of course it is an object(s) of some description. I am sure that aliens have had plenty of opportunities to fly through much more interesting dust clouds in the vastness of space. Just a thought...

Perhaps it could be snow? I know someone mentioned the snow would melt but I can't see how the temperature around the volcano would rise considering there is no molten rock - just sulphur and silica amongst other things. But I am no geologist or volcanologist so hopefully someone qualified may be able to answer this for us before we can rule out all possibilities.

Also, a very nice find OP

[edit on 19/4/2010 by itchy_tartan_blanket]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

it wasn't filmed by a photo journalist, it was filmed in a MET office aircraft that was testing and filming the ash cloud. they also collected ash from different heights.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It was on my local news channel and it is NOT a UFO, it is infact a flock of geese which are being compared in size to the huge ash plume. R.I.P The foolish geese i guess.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Everton

Well the "UFO" is now an "IFO"

R.I.P to the geese then. Case solved.

Next!.......

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

I know this guy,that guy is a former prim minister of estonia,and dont speak english perfecto,back to school amigo!

PEACE
ekiusa

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The gases alone would kill any birds, then you have the heat which would be intense, if they were birds, the updraught would blow them all over the place, if it is birds, then the magnetic anomalies around the eruption could attract or confuse them, but IMO they are too close to be alive, also what would a news anchor know? they are told what to say, they don't have opinions just obedience.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
i did geology at university

though not quite as intense as a Pyroclastic flow. ash clouds get bloody hot.

Pyroclastic flows can reach 1,000 °C or more. these are the ash flows that kind of avalanche down from the volcano. as im sure everyone reading this knows heat rises

any bird riding a thermal with a source heat ranging in the 1,000's is going to be dead pretty dam quick.

that before you even consider the poison nature of the gases

"The volcanic gases that pose the greatest potential hazard to people, animals, agriculture, and property are sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide, and hydrogen fluoride"

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

no bird is going to be hovering in that for more than a second or 2 before either bursting into flames or suffocating.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Only a hummingbird has the ability to hover. These are not hummingbirds. Unless an entire formation of birds is somehow flying into an equal force of wind as their flight speed and able to hold a formation while doing it which is more far fetched than anything else. Likewise, birds don't illuminate nor are they equipped with heat shields. There is no trick, it's either alien or some kind of installation on the mountain who's lights are penetrating the smoke.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ALlENATlON]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I saw the full report and those were birds. The reporter even made a comment about them "flying where planes can't" or some such cheesy nonsense.

Rev

[edit on 19/4/2010 by revmoofoo]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
of course if the reporter said it was birds it must be true.

i forgot mass media never lies....

i want to know what they use to hunt geese over their.... rpg's , mini gun's perhaps the odd cruise missile

if they can withstand those natural extremes they must be a bit*h to down with a 12 gauge... lolz

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join