It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V-Shape UFO Formation over Iceland Volcano | Sky News 4/18/2010

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

This image does not show anything inside the ash cloud.

What do birds know about a volcano?
[edit on 19-4-2010 by webpirate]
Animals are well known for being able to know that they shouldn't be anywhere near a natural dissaster. You often hear reports of animals being the first to react to them. They know "fight or flight" better than any of us.

For that reason, I don't think that these would be birds.

(after reading the rest of the thread, it's official, geese are stupid
I take back what I said up thar)

[edit on 19/4/2010 by Acidtastic]

*either that or youtubedude was right about the mutated ninja geese*

[edit on 19/4/2010 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
of course if the reporter said it was birds it must be true.

i forgot mass media never lies....

i want to know what they use to hunt geese over their.... rpg's , mini gun's perhaps the odd cruise missile

if they can withstand those natural extremes they must be a bit*h to down with a 12 gauge... lolz

/ranton

Sorry I wasn't clear before, the camera zoomed in and out as the moron reporter prattled on. I'm no expert, but they sure looked like birds to me.

You people really need to learn to calm down just a wee bit and realise that not every single thing you encounter that you cannot explain is a UFO or some other off the wall weirdness that no one believes in except people like us.

Constantly calling "UFO" when a little bit of common sense would prove otherwise makes the rest of us look stupid for taking you seriously. I know it sounds a little harsh, but things like this is what makes the sheeple out there laugh at us rather than learn from us.

No offence intended, I'm just annoyed because we haven't destroyed ourselves yet! lol

/rantoff

Rev

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

Great video man, awesome!

These definitely look like UFO's to me. But also I must admit that I want them to be UFO's. Take that as you will.

Still, with that in mind while watching this video and reading all the comments it just doesn't make any sense to me why a flock of birds would be flying through such a toxic cloud.

Not only would the temperatures be unbearable but also the toxins and ash in the air would probably ground nearly any living creature that is in the midst of it.

To me, this appears to be a group of UFO's observing the ash cloud. Not too unlike the UFO's that were spotted over Chernobyl and after the earthquakes in China and other parts of the world. (as well as many other natural disasters).

In my mind it makes perfect sense that they would be interested in observing what goes on here, especially in situations like these. Of course thats just my opinion...for whatever it's worth...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ballons my ash

[edit on 19-4-2010 by sam_inc]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo

"You people really need to learn to calm down"

"calling "UFO" when a little bit of common sense would prove otherwise"
"the rest of us look stupid for taking you seriously."
"this is what makes the sheeple out there laugh at us"

"No offence intended"

Rev

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Also check out the comments on this YouTube link:

YouTube Link

As you can see, others saw the original video and report that they were birds.

Sorry to say it, but I vote this sighting to be a hoax.

Rev

[edit on 19/4/2010 by revmoofoo]

[edit on 19/4/2010 by revmoofoo]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALlENATlON

Originally posted by revmoofoo

"You people really need to learn to calm down"

"calling "UFO" when a little bit of common sense would prove otherwise"
"the rest of us look stupid for taking you seriously."
"this is what makes the sheeple out there laugh at us"

"No offence intended"

Rev

I just re-read it and it made me laugh too. If I didn't know better, I'd think I was on my period! lol

Rev

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Birds.........

I cant believe that some would even say that considering the location

I noticed it today on tv and when the camera seemed to focus the camera was moved back out. As for birds although at first i thought it did look like that at first, birds fling in a V formation, but they aint moving? also im sure that it would be slightly too warm to say the least and also instinct!!! If theres a mere bang birds take flight.
What is interesting is also the ufo sightings prior to the eruption, you will find the videos on you tube,

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Birds.........

I cant believe that some would even say that considering the location

I noticed it today on tv and when the camera seemed to focus the camera was moved back out. As for birds although at first i thought it did look like that at first, birds fling in a V formation, but they aint moving? also im sure that it would be slightly too warm to say the least and also instinct!!! If theres a mere bang birds take flight.
What is interesting is also the ufo sightings prior to the eruption, you will find the videos on you tube,

That isn't the full video. The full video was shown quite early yesterday here in the UK. I don't know what this is bothering me so much to be honest...I guess I just thought better of the members here at ATS. Today it feels like I'm posting on the David Icke forum! lol

Rev

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

by definition a ufo is just unidentified.

all my posts was not to establish them as ufo's par say

just to state i highly doubt it is a flock of birds.

due to animals self preservation nature.

the high heat surrounding an eruption

and the toxic gasses emitted.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I think birds are smarting than you and the mass media
Why in hell would you think birds would fly in a toxic cloud

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Whilst i do believe in UFO's, these are DEFINITELY birds. This was shown on U.K news the other day and the reporter commented how birds could still fly but planes could not. The camera zoomed in on them and they were perfectly clear.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This guy was filmed flying around the Volcano as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I see evidence of the lack of a self preservation instinct in wild animals every day on the highways.

Why would these animals want to run out in front of a speeding car or truck when they have either of these options to take:

Watch the vehicle pass by while waiting calmly on the side of the road.

Run away from the vehicle.

?????????

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc

I think birds are smarting than you and the mass media
Why in hell would you think birds would fly in a toxic cloud

I think you'll find that they weren't. As we do not have multiple camera views, we can't say for certain where they were in relation to the clouds. As any amateur photographer will tell you, the position of the camera can change the entire context for a picture.

My posts on this matter are not opinion, they are 100% fact seen with my own eyes. If I had a way for finding the original video and posting it I would, but I don't, so I can't.

I guess the only reason I'm making such a big deal of this is that it bothers me that some of you are so easily lead.

I'd be happier than a pig in s*it if this were a real sighting, but it isn't.

Rev

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ALlENATlON

Not a goose.
Most definitely not a goose.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bargoose
Whilst i do believe in UFO's, these are DEFINITELY birds. This was shown on U.K news the other day and the reporter commented how birds could still fly but planes could not. The camera zoomed in on them and they were perfectly clear.

Thank god for you!!! I was beginning to think that I was going mad! lol

Rev

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
As I have said earlier, this camera view is from a far distance away. We have no concept at how far the V formation is from the plume. It could be miles in front of it, and underneath the ash cloud.

Animals do often know about natural disasters before humans do. Just that fact in itself lends more to them knowing where they are is safe.
That being said though, they are flying AWAY from the plume, not towards it. I wish we could see more of this video than we have here.

Look, I want irrefutable proof of UFO's too. This just isn't it. These are birds.

Stop looking at what we want to see, and start looking for proof. I promise you all, the proof is there, and we all have seen it. This isn't it. There is too much doubt, and you can not keep evidence that has this much doubt to it.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
found 2 sites reporting bird's dieing while flying near the ash

Iceland Eruption: The Birds Fly into the Ash and Die

"birds have no shelter. They fly into the dark cloud, flap their wings like they have lost their bearings and then fall down and die. Our reporters saw a flock of geese fly straight into the deadly ash. Farmers have told of the desparate sound coming from the birds battling death. This is the season when birds are migrating back to Iceland."

newsessentials.blogspot.com...

and

icelandreview.com...

and information regarding birds in ash

Effects on Plants and Animals

"Birds naturally have difficulty flying in areas with ash clouds. Hot gases are deadly to birds as well. "

www.ehow.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
These aren't birds that were living on the volcano and now, long after it erupted, they're finally taking flight. These are birds that are just passing through the area. Geese don't just fly around randomly in V formations. This is spring, and they have places to go! They're probably migrating and their path took them past the volcano. They're probably trying to ride the wind down the side of the mountain, and are perhaps a little confused about why they don't seem to be getting anywhere, thanks to the updraft caused by the volcano.

Snow geese are occasionally seen around the Greenland / Iceland area, and this is the time of year when they start migrating for the mating season.
footage.shutterstock.com...

reply to post by jericanman

There, that's great, you now have EYE-WITNESS accounts of these birds flying dangerously close to the ash cloud!

Seriously, you guys, step back and take a deep breath. People are offering a very specific, rational explanation for this, and you're still trying to poke holes in it. You're just grasping at straws! You are not convinced that these are UFO's... you are WISHING these were UFO's. Be honest with yourself! This is a flock of birds!

It was a good video and worth a discussion. But if you can't accept the conclusion that something is NOT a UFO once in a while, in the light of evidence, then there's no reason anybody should listen to you when you conclude that something IS a UFO.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Magnus47]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join