It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcanic ash has reached North America(CNN)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
CNN has just reported that volcanic ash has reached Newfoundland, Canada resulting in some airport closures in that region. They were not specific as to which airports wre closed, or how long they were expected to stay closed. They also said the ash has not yet affected the U.S. They did not know when and if it would. Okay... I'll dig a little more and try to get something more specific.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here is a linking reporting what the OP just mentioned:

www.avweb.com...

Star and Flag

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Striker122]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wow! Very interesting.
Thanks for posting this. I was wondering 'something wicked this way comes' would happen with the ash.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
From what I understand from the local news here, the cancelations were a precaution this morning due to the ash. That issue seems to be resolved and fog is what is keeping flights grounded now. If you know anything about St. John's, thats a regular occurance, they don't call us Fog City for nuttin. But the Juno's went off without a hitch, which was awesome!!

Local St. John's news

edit to add news link.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by stereovoyaged]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Is it volcanic ash from Mars? Or delivered by a UFO? I think this is in the wrong forum.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
Is it volcanic ash from Mars? Or delivered by a UFO? I think this is in the wrong forum.

Good catch, lol I didn't even realize what forum it was in

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well Crap... NFLD is pretty close to NB...

I'm home visiting my folks, after 3 years, and flying out West on Wedensday...
Oh well, I wouldn't mind staying longer

GO ASH!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Well Crap... NFLD is pretty close to NB...

I'm home visiting my folks, after 3 years, and flying out West on Wedensday...
Oh well, I wouldn't mind staying longer

GO ASH!

The fog is not helping today either man, its soooo thick. My co-worker was supposed to fly in last night but she got stuck in Hali.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
How far into North America is it supposed to reach?

I'm down in New York. Should i keep my eye on the sky?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well it looks like the jet-stream was headed NewFoundland way, with a kick ass bucket full of volcanic stuff, but heard all that Newfie Music and Sreeching
. got scared and plowed right back over the North Eauropean Continent,,, yea Junos lol
Now as for the next five day cycle who knows , but Earthquakes are starting at Katla, and WE ALL KNOW if that one blows,, Well me boys stay partying

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Eventually if the eruption goes on long enough it will blanket the skies of the entire planet!

All air travel will cease, crops will fail, birds will wither and die, cows with no green grass to eat will wither and die, babies will have no milk to drink, and wither and die.

But wait…there is good news…I just saved a ton of money, by changing my car insurance to GEICO!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
LOL yup just what we all needed,, LOLOL

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Might have to drag myself out of bed and check out the sunrise, volcanic ash is supposed to make for beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Any forecasts on this ash for North America? If it were to ground flights on the Eastern seaboard here, that would be a financial mess.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Well it looks like the jet-stream was headed NewFoundland way, with a kick ass bucket full of volcanic stuff, but heard all that Newfie Music and Sreeching
. got scared and plowed right back over the North Eauropean Continent,,, yea Junos lol
Now as for the next five day cycle who knows , but Earthquakes are starting at Katla, and WE ALL KNOW if that one blows,, Well me boys stay partying

Yeah, guess it was scared of getting screeched in!! Juno weekend was great, was supposed to do security for it but had a big poker tourny
. My buddy did it and ended up meeting Bubbles!!! Said he was a cool guy lol. Downtown was crazy tho, cops had it all blocked off. I just bought a house down there but don't move in until June, sucks. Would have been nice to have been right in the middle of it all.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Its like you can taste it here in london, and over last week i can only jog half my normal time.

So it definitely is in the air here. You can just taste it lol.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I actually live in St. John's, NL.

The weather today is horrible. It's been raining all day, really cloudy and really foggy.

Here's the link for a cam set up at signal hill showing the conditions. Although it's not much good because you can't see anything out of it anyway. haha

www.ntv.ca...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Mother Earth is trying to teach us a lesson. We are all connected. Our system will only survive if we learn to put necessity over profit. This would be an excellent time for nations to work around the logistics of this incident coordinating between industry. Cruise ships moving people to airports where planes could fly them out. Bus companies to move people to ships etc. We have all the solutions in our hands...we lack motivation to use these at the risk of losing money.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shpongleland
I actually live in St. John's, NL.

The weather today is horrible. It's been raining all day, really cloudy and really foggy.

Here's the link for a cam set up at signal hill showing the conditions. Although it's not much good because you can't see anything out of it anyway. haha

www.ntv.ca...

What part of town are you in, I live/work in the east end, close to Stavanger.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I live by Richmond Hill in Killbride.

I'm surprised. I didn't expect anyone else on this forum to be from St. John's. haha.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Ok just a heads up,, if u can taste it or see it your breathing it,, think,,, asbestos,,, ever been on a work site where there is asbestos??,,,if u have any of those swine flue mask's wear it ,, also look up cement-lung-volcano.
Of course health authorities should be saying this now , but,,????

[edit on 19-4-2010 by BobAthome]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join