It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: Iran too 'mighty' to attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad: Iran too 'mighty' to attack

edition.cnn.com

Tehran, Iran (CNN) -- Iran is so powerful today that no country would dare attack it, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Sunday during an annual army parade.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Need to read this before opening the link Thanks.

Do you get a picture from the headline and the first paragraph from the snippet? What do you think the title is making you think or believe? That President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is laughing in the face of the west and that his country will destroy anyone who tries?
NOW READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE thanks
edition.cnn.com...

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Who knows? Iran has been tester by Saddam Hussein after the Iran revolution and Many of the people still fought against the Iraqis. Also, Has anyone ever seen the Presidents documentary on the history channel? Former President Carter said he could of destroyed Iran and it's oil and so forth.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Exactly as always, the news does these headlines and people jump to conclusions. Like the israel comment he made once, they took it out of context.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Where the article quotes him as saying the UN Security Council has become a tool for the world's few bullies is spot on...

The whole UN needs a major overhaul, especially the power to veto held by the privileged few...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
iran will launch an offensive on the gulf states halting oil supplies throwing the whole world into chaos... the oil produced will go to support russia and china...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Drop a few megaton Nuclear bombs on Iran. Then we will see if they cant be defeated. You gotta be mental to think, Iran is a real threat. We could wipe them out if we wanted to. Iran is playing with fire to be honest, if your American or English, your hated by the middle east. Trouble is nobody has the guts to to teach em a lesson.

Iran is a very small player in shaping this world. They should thank the west that they are still breathing.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

No one in america is going to turn iran into glass, yep america loves blowing up people and countries, but they will not in this day and age use nukes to wipe out a whole country.

No one said iran is a threat to anyone, they just want to do there own thing. Anglo american empire is the only threat in this world to anyone, and tahts a fact.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I saw this earlier today. I love the photo that accompanies the story...the one with roses in the barrel of all the soldier's guns.

Iran is not too big to attack, but with the backing of Russia and China, who would dare?

Edit for spelling

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
With all the BS and lies going on that we`re all getting fed here i dont know who i believe anymore. I can see exactly both points here and really cant understand why the hell everything has got to be complicated.
Besides who gave the US the leading role in disarming everyone?

If the boys cant play nice then take their toys away that could potentially wipe us all out or sort it out between themselves. Why rope waves of military in? The husbands and wives, brothers and sisters, the people that are effectively been sacrificed because WE as a species couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery!!!
BAN ALL NUCLEAR WEAPONS FROM EARTH COMPLETELY.
and START Trusting eachother, i mean ffs i was watching a documentary last night In the shadow of the moon.
We are nothing. Nothing at all, a small sphere of life floating in space, independant with everything anyone could possibly need, and yet we are a cancer thats destroying us as one. It is ridiculous how we cant set aside our differences and all live like we should be.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterToker42088

Drop a few megaton Nuclear bombs on Iran. Then we will see if they cant be defeated. You gotta be mental to think, Iran is a real threat. We could wipe them out if we wanted to. Iran is playing with fire to be honest, if your American or English, your hated by the middle east. Trouble is nobody has the guts to to teach em a lesson.

Iran is a very small player in shaping this world. They should thank the west that they are still breathing.

thats the dumbest thing i've ever read this week.

first of all, iran is not the threat, the true threat is the zionists and the americans who occupy iraq and Afghanistan. no you cant wipe them out even if you wanted to, you cant wipe 70 million people. second of all americans and English are not hated by middle easterns, you obviously never been to any middle eastern country.

the truth is that nobody has a reason to attack them, and if iran is attacked then say goodbye to america. with all the debt, and with oil supplies cut off from the middle east, the american war machine will starve to death...

iran will occupy gulf oil fields so quickly that the saudis themselves wont be able to re fuel thier cars and flee...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterToker42088

Are we all talk then? If we have nukes, why dont we use them? Oh geez I wonder why. Well you idiot, if we use nukes, it gives the whole world the green light to use nukes, you dont think anyone else has nukes? Oh what are we the only ones who have nukes? Go educate yourself.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Does Iran have nukes ?

No it doesn't saying Iran is unbeatable is a joke. Most country's that posses nukes will side with America it's as simple as that.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

So your saying that the only way to defeat Iran is to use nukes? That with all our might and advanced military technology we can't defeat iran? We still haven t won in Iraq because its a guerilla war now. Same thing is gonna happen with Iran. And first of all, The US wont attack Iran, it might in the future actually attack Israel to be honest, quote me on it. Even if the US does attack Iran, it will be bad.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You ever heard of the tar sands in Canada,you think America cares about oil.Until there is a one world democracy and all regional armies are obsolete it is still the Wild West out there.Stop pissing on the american way of life and flag and they will stop kicking you in the balls.And if you start something and you get hurt then I guess that is your page in history,wait for a world democracy or take your chances.

I just wish the top ten countries would form the core or the seed of a world democracy and offer all countries an umbrella opportunity to join a world democracy by unilaterally working together to disarm any countries in disagreement in the name of humanity,forcibly for sure if they disagree.

If there is a world democracy there is no one to fight and we can move forward.

All it would take is America,Canada,Britain,Europe,India,Russia,China,France,Australia,and EVERY OTHER NUCLEAR POWER cooperating to do this.

All these little countries are like small problems compared to world hunger

And personally I would like to see some arse kicked worldwide and i would also like to see a force big enough to force China and India to toe the line as well,we require global cooperation through disarmament of these AND ALL regional governments IN FAVOR OF A GLOBAL DEMOCRACY.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Iran is not a threat at the moment. They are just all talk and quite frankly that's fine if annoying. If they ever become a threat they could be easily crushed in a matter of weeks. The problem, like iraq and afghanistan, is the situation after such a war.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterToker42088

ok say the us does drop a few megaton bombs on Iran... who then becomes the pariah? certaintly not iran.... its not like the US has that many friends anyways, we intimidate everybody, especially our friends..

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

And if I was middle eatern I'd hate Americans and English as well. We've been meddling in their country for 50+ years. I would love to see the Brits or Americans embrace Saudia Arabian military bases on their soil. The British and the Americans are some of the biggest hypocrites in the world. Both completely corrupt and tyrannical countries no worse or no better than Iran or Iraq. It's like the difference between blue collar and white collar crime. A terrorist will kill you at gunpoint..........a country like the US will destroy you with debt. Same end game.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

And if I was middle eatern I'd hate Americans and English as well. We've been meddling in their country for 50+ years. I would love to see the Brits or Americans embrace Saudia Arabian military bases on their soil. The British and the Americans are some of the biggest hypocrites in the world. Both completely corrupt and tyrannical countries no worse or no better than Iran or Iraq. It's like the difference between blue collar and white collar crime. A terrorist will kill you at gunpoint..........a country like the US will destroy you with debt. Same end game.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

When a air strike go wrong and kills many Afghanistan or Iraq civilians, we should pull out and be ridiculed. When a suicide bomber actively gos out to kill school girls because women should not learn in there warped culture so bomb them that's fine dont talk to me about double standards.

the trouble is Arabs cant deal with democracy they want to be lead.

If Iran wants to flex it's muscle, and incite tensions between the west that's fine. As soon as they follow up there words, with action. We should let lose with unmentionable force, and put them in there place.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

And the British still worship monarchy and have a Queen!!!!!! LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join