It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study revealed that multivitamins a day can cause breast cancer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Study revealed that multivitamins a day can cause breast cancer

ibtimes.com.au

A major study revealed that women who take multivitamins on a daily basis are 20 percent more likely to develop breast cancer. Sweden's Karolinska Institute conducted the study and was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition

Related News Links:
www.heraldsun.com.au

[edit on 18-4-2010 by meaguire]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Though another major study led by Canadian researchers and published in the April 14, 2010 issue of American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, suggests that taking vitamin D supplements may help reduce breast cancer risk drastically. The case-control study found women taking 400 IU/day of vitamin D had a 24 percent lower risk of breast cancer compared to those who did not take supplements.

With all the conflicting research completely misleading the poplulation, the aim may be to cause complete apathy in regards to ones own health and wellbeing.

www.foodconsumer.org...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-4-2010 by meaguire]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Yeah my friends haven't been this panicked since the hormone replacement
and increased chance of heart attack (if I remember correctly) correlation that had women stopping their HRT.

I think this is the beginning of the first big push of CODEX ALIMENTARIUS that we've been expecting to kick in for ages. I think the timeline should start it up about now.

I've told my friends about C/E and the reasons why they want everyone to ditch natural remedies, vitamins and natural health care in general.

Even though I knew this was coming, it sounds pretty frightening the way that they have presented it. So for those unaware of the back story, I'm sure it's made a lot of women ditch their daily vitamin pills.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Flighty]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
if they keep attacking multivitamins there must be an underlying reason, i presume. i for one believe that if anything, multivitamins are bordering on ineffective, but they're hopefully still better than nothing.

the link between sunlight deficiency (fostered by the early ozone scare i might add) and many types of cancer is pretty well documented, all you have to do is examine the incidence of cancers in people with darker skin (less UVB absorption) in higher latitudes.

the carelessly thrown around term 'lifestyle' covers so much, you can't possibly go wrong with it. the main problem is that the most popular connotations include careless and unhealthy eating rather than living 'too far' up north.

see f-ex: www.sciencedaily.com...

[edit on 2010.4.18 by Long Lance]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
We had this crap on the front pages on Norway's biggest newspaper last week : Vitamins are Killers . Gives Cancer.

I told my wife: Look , Codex at work..
She drew a smile, she is starting to see the crap that is going on..

What I think could be the dangers with all the Vit's and suppliments, could be the capsules it selfs, the gelatine(?), I remember reading a thread on ATS where study showed that the gelatine(?) in vaccines ie. could cause cancers..

there is also ahuge difference on organic vitamins and non-organic vitamins, just like with foods, you have the bad organ destroyer foods, and the organic one that is much better for you..

I dont think God put us on a planet full of dangerous foods and such, it is Monsanto ruining all the foods..

Like Almonds, very good for preventing cancers, but that was before they re-made the almond trees to NOT produce those agym(something).

Just my spin on it ...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This is another garbage study and junk science:

From the newpaper article:

"Breast cancer is the most common cancer among females in Australia, affecting more than 12,000 and killing more than 2,700 women every year. One in nine women will be diagnosed with it by the age of 85."

So if you were to take the study at face value..... if you are australian, your risk of getting breast cancer is 1 in 9 or 11.1% but only if you live to be 85. A 20 % increase in risk is 0.22 % so instead of 11.1 %, your risk would be 11.3 %.

Put another way -you have an 88.9 % chance of NOT getting breast cancer if you don't take a multivitamin vs 88.7 % chance of of NOT getting breast cancer if you do!

This study does not address the fact that any increase in relative risk of less than 200 % is actually considered background noise. That 35,000 woman is a small sample size out of all australian woman and that 10 years is NOT a lifetime.

Further, the study does NOT balance the conclusion with the benefits of taking vitamins.

And lastly - and most importantly. There may well be a 20 % increase in the relative risk of getting breast cancer if you take a multivitamin but this is an observed correlation - not causation.

CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION REGARDLESS OF THE INCREASE IN RELATIVE RISK.

Every day, my alarm clock rings. Every day the sun rises. This is 100 % correlation but I am very very confident that my alarm clock does not CAUSE the sun to rise.

Nobody knows for sure what CAUSES breast cancer so how can the study state that multivitamins are the cause of breast cancer.

These types of press releases need to stop! This is an example of epidimiologists (a person who studies epidemics) trying to create an epidemic instead of trying to identify one.

TIRED OF CONTROL

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by meaguire

A multi-vitamin is much different than a Vit D3 supplement so these strudies make sense to me.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

Right on. Its apples and oranges. Two different animals.

I believe there is something to this story. Our bodies have developed since the beginning of time to get by just fine without artificial, factory made nutrients and the commercial enterprises that push them.

We have come not just to cope with periodic near starvation, but maybe to depend on it. One of the major causes of ill health in the world today, aside from pollution and artificial everything, is over-eating.

Another consideration is that our bodies adjust constantly to balance out the over or under consumption of foods or exposure to elements. When you constantly feed artificially high amounts of vitamins, does the body not partially shut down its own "factory" in response?

I believe in natural supplements only, only as needed, and then sometimes not even then.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I have to laugh at the big propaganda been manufacture since the corrupted codex alimentatus took shape thanks to big pharma and food tampering manufacturers.

Actually anybody wants to know exactly where breast cancer stand today just read independent studies with not attachment and money trail and you will get the biggest surprise of your life.

No even lowering the screening age in the US has change prevention of breast cancer.

Actually the money making breast screening industry and unnecessary procedures that are painful and stressful has going up, (I was a victim of what is call Abnormal mammography a lump I had since I was a teen, the stress and worry overwhelmed me for weeks when I knew deep inside that it was nothing.

But the scaremongering of the medical profession about dying of cancer took over my rational mind.

Shame and more shame, now multivitamins are the problem, what a joke

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Too much multivitamins can't be good, popping them everyday is even worse.

I usually take one multivitamin twice every week with a meal, mostly because my food intake isn't that varied or nutritious.

If one is particularly good at taking a wide variety of foods, especially raw fruits and veggies they shouldn't need multivitamins.

There's so much conflicting information out there... Salt is bad, oh wait, you do need salt... but not too much... etc. Just makes me want to disregard these studies alltogether and just focus on organic all natural non-GMO foods to save me, and if I must grow them, I will.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

A multivitamin is exactly that multiple vitamins. Multivitamins contain D3, depending on the brand they generally contain between 200iu to 800iu. If we take the studies on there merit the D3 should counteract the negative effects of the multivitamin.

The study has gained world wide attention through the MSM, implying an agenda or 'merely' to 'warn us'.

The study suggests that Folic acid may be the vitamin responsible for accelerating tumour growth and the 20% increase in breast cancer.

Folic acid is mandatory fortified into bread flour in Canada USA and Australia as well as many other countries around the world.
en.wikipedia.org...

The government also encourage women to take extra Folic acid supplementation especially when pregnant to prevent spina bifida and neural defects.

We the people are constantly being told we need something on one hand and forced by the government to do so. Then simultaneously on the other hand told it will kill us?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
All this means is that people should focus on getting their nutrition from real wholesome high quality food and not a pill. That's the whole problem. There are certain instances in which we need to supplement our diet. Vitamin D in the winter time etc. But for the most part the human body does not need mega doses of vitamins. Nowhere in nature can you find the doses that you find in a pill on a daily basis. this study doesn't surprise me one bit and I've been telling people for years to drop these silly mega vitamins. In fact now they are also starting to realize we are getting way too much iron and folic acid in our diet. More than mother nature ever intended. Listen to nature.........the great architect of our planet knew what he/she/it was doing........LISTEN! if Americans would clean up their damn food supply we wouldn't be deficient in vitamins or minerals like magnesium. From our irradiated beef to our pasteurized milk to our processed food.............we don't eat a SAD diet we eat a DEAD diet.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Because the medical community and the government have no clue what they are talking about. At first butter was bad for us...........then eggs.....not both are not only good for us but health building. Look at the anticholesterol campaign and saturated fat propaganda spewing out of the medical establishment and government. The RDA is still recommending 6-11 servings of carbs a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The human body doens't need that many carbs especially since we are such an inactive society........we need more fat and protein. The fat content of our food has gone down considerably in the last 50 years (saturated fat content specifically) while the vegetable oil content has risen dramatically. Vegetable oils are terrible for the human omnivorous physiology. You want vegetables.....EAT THEM!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If one isn't deficient in anything, why would one want to take a vitamin/supplement?

Conditioning maybe? because of the thought - it can't harm, but might help... ???

A simple blood test will tell anyone what (if anything) they may be lacking. Do that. Than decide.

I see no reason for supplements (regardless of diet, varied or not) should the tests reveal one isn't lacking anything.

Be smart. Be the one in charge of your health - not the media/propaganda.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Another perspective... different study... different publication...

The largest study of its kind concludes that long-term multivitamin use has no impact on the risk of common cancers, cardiovascular disease or overall mortality in postmenopausal women. The results of the Women's Health Initiative study, led by researchers at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, were published in the Feb. 9 issue of the Archives of Internal Medicine. (1)

ETA:
Point is - fairly easy to dig up a study that will conclude what you wish it to conclude, given the agenda of the body performing (and/or funding) the study.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'd be more concerned about BPA and soy milk.
Plastic already has a direct link to cancer.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

and if my aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle!

sorry there is no 2nd line.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What kind of mutiple-vitamin were they testing, I could see this being true if it were the Flintstone ones or someting of that type.
Other than that I could only see a problem with possible vitamin A.
I have been taking Vitamins for 55 years sometimes in large doses of mutiple.
Side effect people do not belive my age.

I have seen first hand people cured of what was called incureable, by taking Mega dose of vitamin given by Open Minded Doctors.

I would not trust the test nor the testers, who is really paying them what are their real motives.
Just look at the Global Warming results, what a dam joke and we all fell for it and no one still knows what the hell is going on, at least I don't nor anyone I know.
But then again, I don't really give a #, I do but not in any manner that matters in the context of my realization of this existance, I am by no means lost, it just seems to many lost mis guided people are in control of things, in this place and time.

Trust in the Creator, Belive in the Truth, By that which is, I am Free, and nolonger afraid of the dark, nor any false thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The article does not provide the sources of the study and who financed it, therefore I won't believe it.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

A problem we have in the U.S.,if you claim wholesome foods
will cure diseases.The FDA will declare those foods as drugs,
because,THEY,claim only drugs cure diseases.
The fruits and vegetables I got from gardens was a lot better
than the ones from the stores.Does anyone know what they
shine the cucumbers with?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join