It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO spoted on Webcam in Iceland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
UFO found on a Webcam in Iceland!

In Iceland, the volcano from the Eyjafjallajokull glacier continues to spew lava and ash. In the process of looking at webcams for evidence of ash clouds and lava eruptions, I found a cylindrical image and stored it and others (untouched) from the Hveravelir- Vester webcam on my computer from, 64°52 19°34 Iceland.

I waited a few minutes to refresh the webcam to see any changes and viola! Within a few minutes, whatever the object had gone away. The unique V shape or dip in the mountain surrounding the sphere was also gone. The shadow of the light around the black orb had dissolved within minutes.

See the pictures and read the entire article here
ahrcanum.wordpress.com...

This is my very 1st thread and tried to upload the image but it is now dark at the webcam and haven't figured out how to load the previously recorded images in the text box. See what you all think as I am no ufologist.

Regards.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It's the sun.

The unique "v shape" that disappears along with it is simply the lens flare that accompanies it.

See a similar image here or here

Good eye though!

Edit to add, I didn't notice the small orb that moves about at first look. I see it now. It could quite possibly be a lens flare, but it's hard to say with small images, do you have larger versions?

[edit on 17-4-2010 by samureyed]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
No larger images and no hi res either which tells you I barely know how to save a photo from the web. Thanks for the links but the shadow,if it is the sun seems off to me. How does it make a V when there is a land form in front of it? Could what you call a lens flare be a star or a planet perhaps as it moves in follow up images?

Speaking of sunsets- off to bed and will check back in the am.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Clearly its the folks over at ABC planting bombs for the LOST season finale...Dir...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Webcam shots are terrible for UFOs, they're low quality, and taken in slow intervals, so we usually end up with seeing a low quality picture with a dot that could be anything in the sky.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm no photo expert, but I'm pretty sure the "V" shape is simply a lens flare from the sun. I looked over some photos I had, and came up with this example.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b046dcbeb5a4.jpg[/atsimg]
You can see it has caused a slight "v" on the horizon, but also it appears to have cut through some of the yachts mast

This doesn't mean that the sun or "ufo" is in front of the mast, just that the brightness causes the flare to take up more pixels than it really takes.

As for the black spot, I believe that is due to the extreme brightness causing blank pixels. I have seen people on ATS explain this much better than I could, but it basically is a common anomaly when capturing the sun, especially in lower quality cameras, such as webcams.

So good spotting, but no UFO, unfortunately.

edit: ahh, I see the white "orb" now, which I'm not sure what it is. Hard to tell with a poor quality image, could be anything. But it appears to move rather slow (if the timestamps are correct) to be a plane. But maybe a star or the moon? However, that wasn't the intial concern was it? I think it was the anomalies around the sun that was the main concern.

[edit on 18/4/10 by Curious and Concerned]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Amazing how deceiving the sun can be! Thanks for your inputs. Going to be keeping an eye on that webcam tho! Here is the link if anyone wants to peek at it in the future. www.vegagerdin.is...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The still images from the webcam are now on Picassa if anyone wants to play around with them at picasaweb.google.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
actually guys if you put UFO Iceland volcano into youtube you get LOTS of results. many of them recent and different. I am curious as to why there is such a burst of activity around this particular place right now.

join