It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extramarital sex fuels earthquakes, warns Iran cleric

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
OMG we are F$*#&*ng up the Earth...I knew it.

Really a sad piece of journalism...taking the argument out of context...

a cleric talking about transgressions and tribulation...how about a christian saying you reap what you sow...damn heretics and their morals.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Certainly a more plausable explaination than say being caused by GLOBAL WARMING.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by lpowell0627

You want a source which states that religious folk blame whatever it is they consider "sin" to be responsible for world events and catastrophies?

Have you been living under a rock? Religion has been doing that for THOUSANDS of years.

Look up the Westboro Baptist Church.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/17/2010 by tothetenthpower]

So then the point you made about Catholic priests preaching about abortion and earthquakes was nothing more than a general statement you feel about religions and the blame game??

Hardly the same. Your original quote, which you now admit is not accurate, was:

What about those catholic priests that say that homosexuality causes earthquakes or that aboritions will bring about the apocalypse?

Perhaps religion gets such a bad reputation because most people don't understand it and spew inaccurate information.

Further, you now tell me to research a Baptist church. Not catholic.

I don't mind people disapproving of religion, I mind people making stuff up to prove their point.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

As far as I am concerned, Baptists and Catholics are the same thing. They all pray to the same god, the details are just a bit different.

I should have written Christian instead, my apologies..I also didn't mean for my living under a rock comment to be taken as a sign of disrespect, just adding some light humor.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I agree -- there are a ton of wackos in the world. Many of which belong and preach religion. However, many of those form more of a "cult" than traditional religion and veer away from the Bible (or whatever religious doctrine they hold in high esteem) as soon as it no longer fits their agenda.

This to me, is where the religion aspect ends and the cult begins.

Further, the original comment was regarding what Catholic priests preach and it was inaccurate. And no, I'm not Catholic but I don't like misinformation.

It's one thing to make a sound decision on facts, it's another to make a decision or argument based on untruths.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Is this what Tothetenthpower was referencing?

Saul of Tarsus was an aristocratic Benjaminite, educated in Greece and a devout Pharisee. A careful analysis of Saul’s writings surrounding to these writings, shows that, as a Pharisee, Saul’s primary concern was with paganism and idolatry of the Canaanites the Jews had conquered making the land of the Canaanites, the land of Israel and trying to absorb the people within the Israeli population. However, try as they did, few Canaanites converted. Even those that did held onto and even some Israelites adopted the pagan practice of fertility worship which incorporated orgies and sexual intercourse by temple prostitutes in with pagan idolatry. Saul being a very staunch Pharisee warned the Romans and Corinthians against this practice. However, the Catholic Church admits to mistranslating the Bible after the Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. organized by the unbaptized, pagan Roman Emperor King Constantine, the first pope of the newly formed Catholic Church. Around 325 A.D., King Constantine proclaimed himself the 13th Apostle of Christ despite Matthias being ordained nearly 300 years before. King Constantine had been jilted in a homosexual relationship with a palace guard, had him beheaded and ordered the monks to reflect in their translation of the Bible that, "It is a scientific certainty that homosexuality causes earthquakes." www.themillennialdispensation.org/sotvh.html - Cached

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
yay islam
thier infiite wisdom is astounding

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derised Emanresu

Kind of makes post coital quotes like "baby you just rocked my world" seem dangerous now.

note to self:when having sex, were a helmet. Well, two helmets.

Two Helmets, like in case one fell off and I could see through her burka??

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

As far as I am concerned, Baptists and Catholics are the same thing. They all pray to the same god, the details are just a bit different.

I should have written Christian instead, my apologies..I also didn't mean for my living under a rock comment to be taken as a sign of disrespect, just adding some light humor.

~Keeper

You forgot to add that this is all Bushes fault!

btw, I'm not surprised at all the stars you have received, they are all from the 1/3, that the dragon swept from the sky!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Shere Khaan - interesting article and perhaps it goes to show why an objective education is so important when confronting ignorance and superstition.

I don't now if you've seen this video but I couldn't help thinking of it whilst reading your thread.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

the part that seems distressing to me is, since it is on several fault lines, when there's an inevitable earthquake (as fault lines are known to do), will they blame it on the women folk (do they follow sharia law in iran?) ?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

wow just like how fred phelps say that homosexuals caused 9/11?
or that the war on terror is happening because god is pissed off at immorle people?

i dont like this one bit not at all

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

reply to post by St Udio

A star for the most outlandish satire I've read all day. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

All kidding aside here. This is about a person with so much power over some individuals they would strap a bomb to themselves on his say so.

To judge this honestly as to how dangerous Iran really is, is how many Iranian Leaders immediately separated themselves from his words and criticized him for them. If they did not, they could not be trusted with a Swiss Army Knife, let alone a nuclear weapon.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I see this as being such a sad suppressed nation. No one allowed to think freely, not allowed to practice even a love for God without government telling you how and why and what. I can close my eyes and think of my God, ask forgiveness, ask for assistance, ask for other's well being, and many times I do this while completely naked, like in the shower or going to bed, and yet, no earthquake. How could the God of Islam only punish a certian geographic area and leave alone many other parts of the world which may have practicing Islamic people there, who are having sex without marriage as well or dolling up? He only choses to punish those in the earthquake zone according to this cleric. How convenient.

I see this as a proverbial slap in God's face. He is much more powerful than this religin gives him credit for. If he wanted to do something about the dolled up Islamic women, he could tell their men to kill them, or just simply have them all drop dead. He doesn't need an earthquake to help.
This is the fear mongering amongst Islamic believers that keeps the rest of the world in awe of the followers ignorance, ignorant because they are afraid not to believe it, afraid that their faith will be doubted. Only God can doubt your faith and only you and him know such, no man is the bearer of those thoughts or acts.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Sigh. It is loony and an archaic, bronze age way of thinking to explain events. Resting the plausibility that this is god's anger at our "sins" on the basis that it cannot be proven or disproven is not rational. In this specific case, we know exactly what causes earthquakes and it has nothing to do with humans doing things with their genitals that religions don't like. Nor does it have anything to do with any other "sins". Let's start thinking in terms of the knowledge of the age.

Wait, you know exactly how earthquakes are caused?

In order for us to know exactly how something operates we must take in to consideration everything, and to tell you the truth, we don't know everything, therefore we don't know exactly how earthquakes are caused, for all we know it could be triggered by GOD.

Let me put it this way:
Just because a door can open automatically doesn't mean you can't open it manually..

That's assuming there is a GOD!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

That's assuming there is a GOD!!!!

Just because a door is automatic, doesn't mean it can't be opened manually.. That was my point, GOD is another whole subject, if you are keen in going through that long debate I'll try my best to post my rebuttal..

We humans know the automatic function, hence the tectonic plates moves etc etc, but others have beliefs that it can also occur manually, hence 2/3rd of the world..

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I keep thinking this thread says "extra-tarestrial sex causes earthquakes". Either way, does those thread in anyway relate to the other ones about the president wanting to relcate the population of Tehran because of earthquakes?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

A SENIOR Iranian cleric has claimed that dolled-up women incite extramarital sex

Hahahaha... incite sex..

I thought riots were incited.. not sex..

now if Iran was having a problem with public sex riots, I could see how that could be incited.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I guess the main difference is how people respond to these comments. If it were an official of Christian faith that made these comments, you would have protests, blasphemy and world condemnation of the Church. You would have articles and opinion pieces talking about how backwards and intolerant Christianity is and how it is time to adapt to the times.

Since it was a cleric of Islamic faith, people will just say it is a backwards way of thinking and leave it a that. It seems that while criticism of Christianity is widely accepted and encouraged, criticism of Islam is taboo.

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join