It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extramarital sex fuels earthquakes, warns Iran cleric

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I guess the main difference is how people respond to these comments. If it were an official of Christian faith that made these comments, you would have protests, blasphemy and world condemnation of the Church. You would have articles and opinion pieces talking about how backwards and intolerant Christianity is and how it is time to adapt to the times.

Since it was a cleric of Islamic faith, people will just say it is a backwards way of thinking and leave it a that. It seems that while criticism of Christianity is widely accepted and encouraged, criticism of Islam is taboo.

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

You're the philosopher so give us the answer..

Second line..

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Since it was a cleric of Islamic faith, people will just say it is a backwards way of thinking and leave it a that. It seems that while criticism of Christianity is widely accepted and encouraged, criticism of Islam is taboo.

LOL @ taboo

The guy is a nutbag, happy?

The real difference is that Islam doesn't affect us in the west, they can be as bats*** crazy as they like all day long as long as they keep themselves confined to the middle of the desert.

The craziness of Christians affects us here in many ways so logical people have to push back against encroaching bullcrap.

If Christians were just some distant joke affecting a far off land in the middle east, it would be more amusing than it is atm.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
#@!#! this guy

He and Jerry Falwell should run off and elope

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
You're the philosopher so give us the answer..

Second line..

You know, I should change that line to Happiest Person Alive. Maybe then I will be the happiest person alive?

It seems that your definition of Philosopher is rather narrow. I don't claim to have all the answers, but I am not afraid to raise and consider the Big Questions either.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Swine flu and Mexico's recent earthquake had been the judgment of God for that country's abortion laws, a visiting US priest told members of Canberra's St Christopher's Parish on Tuesday.

Was there a world condemnation, blasphemy, etc etc as you included in your claim?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
i had a seriously symbollic dream about earthquakes, back when i was 18. since then, i've shared it with various people of different belief systems to see how they would interpret it. it has been interesting to say the least. some took it as a sign of prophecy regarding their religion. some took it as my subconsious mind telling me what areas i need to work in my life to be a better person. some took it as prophetical warning about the path of my life. some took it as a silly dream. some took offense. i still don't know what to make of it, but i will share with you the last words spoken in it, by a big cement entity.....like a huge statue, come to life. it was male. it was associated with the last temple on the street of a city filled with temples.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS UNRIGHTEOUSNESS! was the last thing it said, it yelled at me in a huge voice, so loud, it caused an earthquake, that made me fall off the steps, face first into the sand. i thought i was going to go deaf from it, clapped my hands over my ears, and began to pray for yeshua to protect me. the noise turned into beautiful soft music, and i woke up.

now mind you, he said that to me in response to a message i was told to give him, which was as follows: The reason the earth is experiencing so many earthquakes is because God is cleansing the land of all unrighteousness. needless to say, mr. cement man wasn't too happy with me for saying that.

i found it interesting because it seemed to be suggesting that the religion of the earth in the last days of this human dispensation, would be characterized by people who no longer believed in the real god, but a religion that worshipped the things constructed with hands and that their technology would be such, that they would be able to create their own earthquakes.

i'm 52 years old now, and had that dream when i was 18. that's a long time and many earthquakes ago.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Shere Khaan

Let's not point the finger at just Islam. What about those catholic priests that say that homosexuality causes earthquakes or that aboritions will bring about the apocalypse?

Religion in general tends to say some pretty ignorant and scary stuff.

~Keeper

Yes, but you hear this sort of gunk from clerics all the time.

I don't actually remember any priests saying that.

Apologetic attitudes don't really help. If the roof leaks, theres no point saying well the wall has a crack in it it too, so shhh..

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Yet another example of religion making fools of its leaders and believers. As usual, it has something to do with human genitals.

Haha..

depends on if you have to move crust..

Ewwww...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Merriman Weir

I'm intrigued and willing to take the bait. Do you believe what the cleric is claimed to have said? That earthquakes are caused by immorality? Or do you think that the cleric didn't actually say this and it's either outright lies or taken completely out of context?

Nope not a bait, although if feels like one.

What I believe the cleric is referring to is sins, and the belief that GOD controls everything in this Universe, that being said, sins bring's GOD's anger upon us, I don't believe that is loony, especially if you can't disprove it nor prove it at present time.

That is faith I suppose..

I suspect that if any of the individuals here started a debate in regards to this comment, the cleric will try to prove his comments indirectly, which would be interesting non the less..

Lol so earthquakes would not happen is humans didnt exist. The earth didnt do that, YOU sinners did !!!

Righton..

thank christ allah buddah I dont believe that...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Wait, you know exactly how earthquakes are caused?

REALL??

Zing, you had me going.. I thought you were serious too.. whew, good get !!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

As I said previously, his comments are in regards to GOD's anger, which can be in any form, not just earth quakes..

Just because earthquakes has not happened in your area, does not mean other issues don't exist.

I appreciate that. Tthe Islamic god, who seems to be an angry, vengeful god if he is of the mind to smite apostates and infidels with earthquakes (and who knows what else) is also an incredibly inefficient god. If the 'Great Satan' (and 'Little Satan' and Israel) are such an anathema to Islam and the middle-East that so many clerics - like the one in the story - then he seems pretty, well rubbish, to be frank, with his wrath.

Even prophesying 'wait and see, he's plenty planned for the west' (an argument I've actually heard) is pretty ridiculous as, in the mean time, plenty of devout Muslims are being killed in this interim process. And why, because the Islamic god is biding his time?

Seriously, I have faith - I have religious beliefs. But even so, I find this line of thinking similar to that of many who don't have faith: Bronze-age and backward and without any internal logic at all.

And can you help me find the full speech please, I failed to find it.. Not good at searching unfortunately..

With all due respect, I think you're confusing me with a librarian.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Swine flu and Mexico's recent earthquake had been the judgment of God for that country's abortion laws, a visiting US priest told members of Canberra's St Christopher's Parish on Tuesday.

Was there a world condemnation, blasphemy, etc etc as you included in your claim?

That statement was actually criticised by many media sources at the time it was made. It was also highlighted on ATS where many replies were critical of Christianity as a result. (Understandable, because I doubt most Christians would agree with that priest's logic).

I am not saying it happens every time something happens, but the media in general goes much easier on Islam than it does on Christianity. Maybe that's because Islam is a minority religion in the country I live.

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

LOL @ taboo

The guy is a nutbag, happy?

The real difference is that Islam doesn't affect us in the west, they can be as bats*** crazy as they like all day long as long as they keep themselves confined to the middle of the desert.

The craziness of Christians affects us here in many ways so logical people have to push back against encroaching bullcrap.

If Christians were just some distant joke affecting a far off land in the middle east, it would be more amusing than it is atm.

If you seriously think that Islam only affects the Middle East, you have not been paying attention.

Islam is the number one growing religion in the world.....just ask anyone in the UK.

So, while you are all so busy demonizing Christianity, you better have a better offensive lined up.....'cause look out.....Islam is already here.

United States:

There are about 7 million Muslims in the United
States, with about 2 million attending the nation's
1,209 mosques. An average 30 percent of those
participating in activities at their mosques are
converts.
Source: www.islamawareness.net...

Britain:

LONDON, February 26 (IslamOnline.net) – Jonathan Birt, the son of Lord Birt and Emma Clark, the granddaughter of former liberal prime minister Herbert Asquith, are only two of 14,000 mostly-elite white Britons having reverted to Islam.

In the first authoritative study of the phenomenon, carried by the Sunday Times on February 22, some of the country’s top landowners, celebrities and the offspring of senior Establishment figures have embraced the Muslim faith after being disillusioned with western values.

South Africa:

CAPE TOWN (Reuters) - Black South Africans, drawn to
the Islam practised by African immigrants, are
converting in growing numbers and slowly changing the
face of religious affiliation in the overwhelmingly
Christian country.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
If you seriously think that Islam only affects the Middle East, you have not been paying attention.

To add to that the biggest muslim nation in the world by population is Indonesia which happens to be virtually on our (Australia's) doorstep. Any religious person with a machete needs to be treated cautiously IMHO.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Can you provide a source for that claim?

Why yes, do you remember the Haiti Earthquake, Pat Robertson the American Christian televangelist and host of "The 700 Club," said that the Haiti was cursed due to Pact with Devil.
Pat Robertson: Haiti "Cursed" After "Pact to the Devil"

So agree all religions have their own jokers?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

The thing is people will not realise the problem until it is too late. In the "Politically Correct" and "Diverse" society in which we live, it is not savoury to call a diamond a diamond. It is expected we refer to the diamond as a non-square, none-circular, non-triangular shape.

[edit on 20/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

As I said previously, his comments are in regards to GOD's anger, which can be in any form, not just earth quakes..

You mean a bit like this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/695be2b2ec54.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You know, Im a pretty moderate guy . I think that people have the right to believe what ever they like in a religious manner. But stating that something which is clearly down to pre establised techtonic activity, is really about infidelity ... well clearly some people need to reasses when is and when is NOT a good time to ram home the already well buried messege of islam.
My advice to the cleric in question, is to stop feeding his followers such utter bloody garbage.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The clerics right. Of course it depends how hard you like it

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hmmm, maybe it's the Muslims desire to have 70 virgins in the afterlife that is fueling earthquakes.

Or all the Muslim women, trembling in fear of their oppressive husbands/Iranian government.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join