It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extramarital sex fuels earthquakes, warns Iran cleric

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Extramarital sex fuels earthquakes, warns Iran cleric

www.theaustr alian.com.au

A SENIOR Iranian cleric has claimed that dolled-up women incite extramarital sex, causing more earthquakes in Iran, a country that straddles several fault lines, newspapers reported today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Without making some joke about "did the earth move for you too", I find this incredibly scary. The ignorance is quite astounding and especially from someone with some influence over others.

The answer is simple, conform to Islam and you won't be hit by earthquakes. Wonder what the Icelanders did to deserve a volcano!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Anybody yet starting to think making this country a nuclear power is not a good thing?

I can see the motives however. Ignorant and ridiculous as they may be. Perfect way to keep people in line -- tell them that if they stray, or their neighbor strays, an earthquake is going to come and kill or injure thousands.

I would imagine that would also encourage snitching if the elder citizens believe this to be actually true. I think the younger generation is not so easily persuaded and more "western" in their beliefs and/or desires.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

Let's not point the finger at just Islam. What about those catholic priests that say that homosexuality causes earthquakes or that aboritions will bring about the apocalypse?

Religion in general tends to say some pretty ignorant and scary stuff.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Anybody yet starting to think making this country a nuclear power is not a good thing?

Sometimes a nations advancements proceed in spite of some ignorant element/ component .
The stronghold of creationism and bible literalism - put a man on the moon.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Can you provide a source for that claim?

My understanding is that if a catholic has an abortion, they are simply excommunicated. Way back, it was considered a crime and punishable by death.

I also can not find anything relating catholicism and earthquakes.

The Catholic Church has not relaxed her strict prohibition of all abortion; but, as we have seen above, she has made it more definite. As to the penalties she inflicts upon the guilty parties, her present legislation was fixed by the Bull of Pius IX "Apostolicae Sedis". It decrees excommunication — that is, deprivation of the Sacraments and of the Prayers of the Church in the case of any of her members, and other privations besides in the case of clergymen — against all who seek to procure abortion, if their action produces the effect. Penalties must always be strictly interpreted.

Source: www.newadvent.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Let's not point the finger at just Islam. What about those catholic priests that say that homosexuality causes earthquakes or that aboritions will bring about the apocalypse?

Religion in general tends to say some pretty ignorant and scary stuff.

~Keeper

I agree entirely. The islam bit in my post simply came from a quote in the article. Christianity has done plenty of it's own scary things like backing the inquisition.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

You want a source which states that religious folk blame whatever it is they consider "sin" to be responsible for world events and catastrophies?

Have you been living under a rock? Religion has been doing that for THOUSANDS of years.

Look up the Westboro Baptist Church.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/17/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

While not the catholic church there have always been preachers like Pat Robertson who make ridiculous claims:

AN EVANGELICAL TV broadcaster has sparked widespread wrath amongst internet users for claiming the Haiti earthquake was a "blessing in disguise".

American 'televangelist' preacher Pat Robertson also claimed that Haitians "swore a pact to the Devil" in a revolt against French colonial powers in the late 1700s, causing the earthquake.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

A SENIOR Iranian cleric has claimed that dolled-up women incite extramarital sex, causing more earthquakes in Iran, a country that straddles several fault lines, newspapers reported today.

the cleric is fundamentally correct... there is a butterfly effect....

but there is no direct link or connection, the way he said what he said makes the statement seem really dumb.

its also likely that metropolitan areas, where the population is dense causes some women to get 'dolled up', primarily to attract someone.

but the additional mass that the erection of buildings brings with it,
will also cause a slight change in the areas gravitational signature, thereby causing below ground stresses leading to potential earthquakes, tremors and movements.

on-top-of the minute gravitational anomaly of the city, is the pumping of the aquifer and that can also result in the subterrainian landscape shifting to comensate for the lost liquid.

butterfly-effect once again...

[edit on 17-4-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Kind of makes post coital quotes like "baby you just rocked my world" seem dangerous now.

note to self:when having sex, were a helmet. Well, two helmets.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Can you provide a source for that claim?

My understanding is that if a catholic has an abortion, they are simply excommunicated. Way back, it was considered a crime and punishable by death.

I also can not find anything relating catholicism and earthquakes.

I could be wrong, but I think the poster was thinking of flooding rather than earthquakes and the comment was from Church of England priests.

Enjoy this little bit of bigoted nonsense. The article doesn't really do the claims justice as, whilst general immorality was mentioned, the whole finger-pointing was really due to recent news stories connected with homosexuality and the Bishops concerned just dressed it up a little so it wasn't solely about gays, even though it actually was.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I would bet my last cent that this Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi knows very well indeed that he is talking absoulute crap. But the people to whom he is addresing may not have had the kind of education enjoyed by the priestly class.

In other words he is just using scare tactics to keep his flock in line.
Come together in harldline Islam and he consolidates even more support fore the hardline Govt.

I think it would be intersting to find out what most Iranians think of this statement

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm waiting for the earthquake under my house any day now... And if recent events are to be beleived, it's gonna be a doozy of one

Religion has always been used to try and promote agendas, and since Iran really only has Religion and it's Military to keep their people in line, then this doesn't seem to fall far from typical propogana for that nation.

The people there really igore it I'm sure for the most part, but they have to try now don't they.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Why does he think the 'earth moves' only for single people?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan

Without making some joke about "did the earth move for you too", I find this incredibly scary. The ignorance is quite astounding and especially from someone with some influence over others.

The answer is simple, conform to Islam and you won't be hit by earthquakes. Wonder what the Icelanders did to deserve a volcano!

The biggest problem is lack of education in that aprt of the world... this is flat out ignorant.

Although I have known a few ladies that rocked my world...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There has always been pre marital sex.... Im sure I have created a few earthquakes myself and maybe a flood..... Have been very naughty... Im sure Im not the only one... If this was indeed the case then the earth would have have shook apart bloody years ago...

Why do men presume to know the mind of God anyway?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If you were an Iranian nuclear physicist, would you be in a hurry to give people like this a bomb? They've been at it since the Shah's time and they just don't seem to get around to finishing it.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Bulls**t religion does it again. If the people in Iran take heed of that stupid statement it'll just show u what that crap does and how it controls.........

Oh my God!!!! (Excuse the pun)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Yet another example of religion making fools of its leaders and believers. As usual, it has something to do with human genitals.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join