It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO encounter and what turned me on to the whole UFO phenomenon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
One night here about two months ago, I was sitting outside relaxing having a beer and enjoying the peaceful Texas night. It was around midnight. At one point, I started to hear a low humming noise. I didnt think much of it at first, but the sound started getting a tad more intense and it seemed to be getting closer.

5-10 minutes passed and that is when I noticed the noise was coming from above me. So I looked up, and I saw this huge giant black mass flying about.....oh, it couldnt of been but maybe 200-300 feet up in the sky, it was flying low - I could make out the shape, it was shaped like a "V" and it had no lights what so ever, it was silent for the most part besides the low humming noise it made.

The strangest part about the whole ordeal, was that it seemed to of been following the highway (it flew directly above the highway) and seemed to follow it. There wasnt much if any traffic that late at night.

The best picture I have seen on the net that closely resembles it, would be this: www.ipodshows.net...

It looked real close to that, minus the lights. It looked to be black, almost jet black but the night sky can play tricks on colors, especially when no light source presents itself.

Anyhow - This craft was bigger than a football field. It was easily 100+ yards from front tip to the back tip. Its the single biggest thing that I have ever seen flown/driven/whatever in my entire life. My first thought was, have I had too much to drink? Then I looked again and it was still there. I didnt have but maybe 4 beers at that point. Then it came to me that what I was seeing was real.

Another odd thing about it - Was that it was flying super slow. It didnt seem like it was in any hurry to get anywhere real fast.

I wasnt alone in seeing it - Two days later, a friend I know said he saw the same exact object on the same night i saw it.

I live about 45 minutes outside of Fort Hood Texas by the way - I dunno if this was some sort of top secret mass military troop carrier or not....It could have been an ET craft for all I know....but what I saw both shocked me and made me very curious.

Any of you have any thoughts on what I saw? This craft seems to closely resemble the craft seen in Phoenix Arizona in the late 90s.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Lucky guy!

These things are thought to be terrestrial. The National Institute for Discovery Science did a study and thought the probable explanation would be dirigibles...airships. Ever since the Hudson Bay UFO flap, they seem to be seen following major roads and highways. I'd love to see one and get an idea for myself.

It puzzles me how we've been apparently flying these low-altitude slow monsters for 30 odd years and none of our current tech is similar.

I can't find the link for the NIDS report...here's most of it...Black Triangles

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I have seen that ship a couple of times flying over Sacramento CA. It flew directly over my head the first time, and was completely silent and self illuminated with a purple glow (plasma?). It, too, was very close to the ground (couldn't of cleared to tree tops by more than 30-50 ft) and was huge and was a 'V' or boomarang shape. In a way, it was unfortunate that this sighting happened on the 4th of July ~22:45 a few years ago. But then again I had a more personal event a few weeks prior that put this sighting, and the date, into context.

The second time I saw this craft was while I watched for the ISS fly-over early in the morning, a couple of years after that. Off in the distance I saw it flying around over downtown Sacramento. There were weird flashes in random spots in the sky that night as well.

Anyway, congrats on your close sighting! I hope you see many more!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
IMO sightings like this are genuinely extraterrestrial in nature. I am not of the opinion that our governments would fly their own secret craft in public view like that.

Why do ETs do this and not make themselves public? You'd have to ask them. I assume they have their reasons, but their actions appear quite subversive.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Why do ETs do this and not make themselves public? You'd have to ask them. I assume they have their reasons, but their actions appear quite subversive.

According to many of the sightings I'd say the appearances of these things are very public downtown areas, highways etc. A lot, and I really mean a lot, of people claim to have seen these things but where is the evidence?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
5 minutes of searching gave me this: Later this month, the Air Force is due to test out in Texas a V-shaped, 175 foot-long, helium filled airship. The goal, according to Aviation Week: to put together a "near-space maneuvering vehicle," operating more than 100,000 feet up, that can relay messages and spy on enemies.

They have been testing these inTexas for awhile.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metal Head
5 minutes of searching gave me this: Later this month, the Air Force is due to test out in Texas a V-shaped, 175 foot-long, helium filled airship. The goal, according to Aviation Week: to put together a "near-space maneuvering vehicle," operating more than 100,000 feet up, that can relay messages and spy on enemies.

They have been testing these inTexas for awhile.

Very very interesting. I did not know that. Yes, that could have very well been what I saw. Im not 100% certain however.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I do have a question though.

Why would the military test out a craft the size of a football field (if not bigger) in heavily populated areas for? Why not test them out in secluded areas? Surely there is a risk of causing mass panic/hysteria by seeing something so large in the sky.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Because that helium filled craft is obviously not what people are seeing. =D

Disinformation my friend, disinformation. Most everyone who sees this thing report it having a metallic shape to it, I see nothing metallic about those 2 helium balloons, just the A-frame.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So in other words, its a cover up and misdirection?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by Frith

According to many of the sightings I'd say the appearances of these things are very public downtown areas, highways etc. A lot, and I really mean a lot, of people claim to have seen these things but where is the evidence?

I'd say the evidence are in the mass sightings and everyone seeing the same exact thing.

This is kind of why I think its some type of top secret military craft. I could be wrong here and it could be ET, but with how many people who have came forth stating they have seen Football stadium sized "Black Triangles" flying in the night sky, its hard to dismiss that fact. People are seeing something, question is, what is it?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It's not disinfo. If you see that thing at night flying over a city full of lights there is bound to be a reflection off the material the craft is made of. It could give it a metallic/shiny appearance. No it can't be a craft they say they have been testing over Texas for months, it must be aliens. Who is giving disinfo? O.o

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Metal Head

Good find Metal Head.

While it's possible that the helium balloon might have been what Blackout saw, I'm 99.9% sure mine were non-human intelligently controlled 'exotic' vehicles, because of other events that were associated with it. As someone who has experienced more than just sightings, there is room in my reality for 'alternative' explanations, but I can't prove those experiences to anyone directly. That's why I don't genereally talk about it.

So, from my perspective, 'alien craft' is just as possible an explanation as balloon, (maybe even more so). And when you have your own personal close sighting and/or close encounter of your own then you will have many more vibrant colors to add to your world/universe view palette.

new topics

top topics

join