It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Engineered Haunted lab: Can you create a haunted enviroment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I was thinking what if you made a haunted house that you can use to study paranormal activity. The idea is to do certian things to create an enviroment that paranormal phenomena happens more regularly. Over the years reading about haunts and watching on television what they can do I realised something.

-The spirits need energy to act on this plane. The more energy they "drain" out of this world the more they can put back in(in the form of heat,sound,kinetics,light etc.

Entities can feed on both negative or positive psychic energy also. Can images,audio recordings, and certain objects give off negative energy and bait a spirit? objects like...
*rotting tissue
*dead and dying animals (rats,pigs,etc)
*bones(horses,rats,pigs etc)
*fresh animal blood(rats)
*decaying animal blood(rats)
*animals in distress/pain.(rats)
*pictures/imagery of dead and dying
*pictures/imagery of gruesome deaths/torture
*grave soil

Using an oracle like a Quiji board to open up a channel to the other side.Contact spirits from prisons,wars, etc and negative entities. Then by using a bind spell/mantra bind then to the board or house. Burn the board to keep the channel open. Any entity that comes through the gate will be stuck in the house because of the bind spell.

Think about creating an enviroment so negative that the entities would stick to the bind spell like fly paper and be bond to that spot. Several gates are created though out the house.

The actual house is an abandoned house that was renevated for this experiment. The Paranormal scientists routinely dump supposely haunted items(ebay...well we'll see) in the house. The basement inside the walls and the attic are almost saturated with ground up glass from beer etc. The quartz in the glass has piezoelectric properties. The Basement floor is fulled with the granulated glass(not powdered though).

The house is wired for electricity in only 2 rooms. A few air ionizers ionizes the air molecules in the house. After a few weeks the whole house is like a giant electrical battery with lots of potential energy. An entity would have no problem getting enough energy in that area.

The paranormal scientists install webcameras both inside and outside the house.
The video/audio feed is compressed as mpeg4.A team of both trained and ley researchers comb over the footage. I still think they won't find a lot but probably find far more consistant, meaningful evidence this way.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well that's certainly an interesting idea I have to admit but personally I think it’s something you would not want to do as creating negative energy is quite simply a bad idea as it's where an entity would strive more than anywhere else which is seriously something you do not want.

So I would suggest you look into the Amherst poltergeist case a little bit to get a better understanding of what I mean here as that seems to be a perfect example of a person’s negative energy because of a negative experience turning into a terribly negative outlook which then seemingly was the cause of not just paranormal phenomenon to occur but to occur and then extremely intensify because of that person’s distress.

Now don’t get me wrong I understand that that want to get some evidence but trying to do what you say the way you say it simply a bad idea.

So can you create a haunted environment via the way you say? Yes

Would you want to? No

Simple as that.

But hey this is just my opinion but i don't see why anyone would want to cause/mess with negative energy.

It's beyond me.

EDIT TO ADD: One interesting thing you should check out is something called "The Philip Experiment" which was an experiment done in 1972 I believe where a ghost was quite literally "created" (in fact i made a thread on it) so you may find that at the very least interesting.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Back when I was interested in ghostly stuff and studying psychology, I read a couple of studies that tested subjects' responses to a 'haunted environment.'

There's little need to introduce the objects you list. Simply persuading people that a place is haunted is enough to elicit a positive response.

One study I vaguely recall used control groups with different information. It amounted to leaving a group in a room they believed was notoriously haunted and then interviewing them about the experience. Another group waited in the room without any suggestion that the room was haunted. The room was part of the science department and had no history whatsoever of paranormal freakiness...

Guess which group experienced weirdness?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
These are the types of experiments that need to be done in this field. This is what that "Ghost Lab" show should really be about. I personally feel all ghost hunters should experiment and experiment rather than trying the same methods every time.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I'd say forget about your objects as fetishes for ghosts/demons/spirits.
It is You and your intention that really attracts them. Like some fringe science says: objects know when they are being watched, and they then behave differently (in the case of ghosts, not at all).

Move in and sleep there for a while. Have parties, play some music, maybe a little ouija board.

Then strike on the 3rd week, pull out the Key of Solomon, or a book with some phrases (eg. Kathrine Paulsen: "The Complete Art of Magic and Witchcraft"). Read your invocation, then make your circle. Repeat as necessary.

Remember, YOU are the battery that energizes, so you have to spend some time there.

PS: Hurting any human or animal will actually set you back, because even spirits avoid a nutcase.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Interesting ideas, however I think the dead & dying animals may get PETA screaming....

QueenBob

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by QueenBob

I know when I first read the post I thought huh wonder if I could try that next tim we slaughter animals, then I thought NO. I think it would mess with me pretty bad to do anything like that while I am butchering cattle for food.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I read about a group of people that got together and sat at a table, making up a name for a fake ghost. they'd ask this fake ghost questions and the members would rap on the table discreetly so the others wouldnt notice. after months of them doing this, they finally started to elicit a response that wasnt any of the members. I'll look for the details and edit when I find it

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
okay I found it pretty fast. it happened in 1974 in Toronto, CA at New Horizons Research Foundation. The group who created this fake ghost "Phillip" were the Toronto Society for Psychical Research.

the book is called Parapsychology: The Controversial Science by Richard S Broughton

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
There's little need to introduce the objects you list. Simply persuading people that a place is haunted is enough to elicit a positive response.

I can see where that might be true, but there has to be more to it then just being in peoples minds. I once worked in a really old medical facility where strange things used to happen nightly to everyone. I was never told that it was haunted when I started to work there, but I was warned to never accept a shift where I had to work alone there at night. When I asked why, I was simply told; “I would see”. There were multiple personnel on shift there nightly, and there is no discounting the things that happened as coincidence or mass hallucinations. I mean how do you hallucinate alarms, lights, nurse calls, and other equipment constantly turning itself on and off? Sometimes multiple pieces of equipment in different rooms at the same time? …And that was the least of the unusual events that I witnessed while employed at that facility (though it was the most frequent)…

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I agree, there's definitely something more to all this. I've had dozens of odd experiences....daytime and nigh time...over the years. The house I grew up in and the place where I work are supposedly haunted. My folk's house is where most happened. In one room, male voices were often heard. Not just by me, but a half dozen others too. I used to sleep with a radio on quietly rather than hear them downstairs...they weren't scary, but we all know what hearing voices means! We'd hear someone walk heavily up the stairs and across the landing. A girlfriend woke to see a figure standing by the bed move away through a wall. I left years ago, but my parents sometimes still hear bumps and footsteps in my old room.

It's difficult to explain, but I don't believe in ghosts and expect there to be a decent scientific reason out there somewhere. Whatever the reason, I rarely stay over at their house because it felt like I was constantly being woken up and it pissed me off. The second to last time, I was looking after the place for them. One night I stayed and slept on the couch. I was woken up by the room seeming too hot and I was sweating. As I lay there trying to get back to sleep something warm squirrelled down my back and freaked me out. I jumped up and put the light on expecting a rat or something. Nothing there. This only seems to happen in that house and is a real challenge to my logic that ghosts are BS. True to being a skeptic, I accept some of the experiences, but haven't formed an explanation...yet.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bcroper
reply to post by QueenBob

I know when I first read the post I thought huh wonder if I could try that next tim we slaughter animals, then I thought NO. I think it would mess with me pretty bad to do anything like that while I am butchering cattle for food.

Exactly people kill animals for food, and that doesn't lead to much haunting. Beloved pets can certainly haunt, if they choose to stick to us.
But style over substance "black arts" call for more, mainly sexual things I won't mention here, and before one hurts animals one needs to be prepared to be pretty open-minded.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I'd say forget about your objects as fetishes for ghosts/demons/spirits.
It is You and your intention that really attracts them. Like some fringe science says: objects know when they are being watched, and they then behave differently (in the case of ghosts, not at all).

Move in and sleep there for a while. Have parties, play some music, maybe a little ouija board.

Then strike on the 3rd week, pull out the Key of Solomon, or a book with some phrases (eg. Kathrine Paulsen: "The Complete Art of Magic and Witchcraft"). Read your invocation, then make your circle. Repeat as necessary.

Remember, YOU are the battery that energizes, so you have to spend some time there.

PS: Hurting any human or animal will actually set you back, because even spirits avoid a nutcase.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by halfoldman]

I respectfully disagree. From reading up on hauntings like the Bobby mackey music club and leap castle i assume they feed on your energy. Either negative or positive. As we know a psychic can detect many different energies and know things about people/places/objects that they have no business knowing. Several investigators that are gifted talk about entities leeching off a host's negative energy. I mean why would anyone come a long way from this plane just to sit/float around and kick the breeze with you? They have to want something to waste thier time on this plane. At least human positive entities want to give you assurance,wisdom,security.

I just want to make a kind of metaphysical fly trap. They come in get stuck and have no choice but to stay there.The enviroment is made like a giant capacitor with glass granules as the peizoelectric material.The entitities can drain energy from the enviroment to manifest themselves there thus increasing the chances that solid evidence is recorded. The investigators use the area to better understand the paranormal albeit more consistant/substantial results.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
One object I'd have in a lab like that would be a psychomanteum or Devil's Toybox. Basically 6 square mirrors assembled into a cube with the mirrored part on the inside. Supposed to produce noises like growling and such. Simple and cheap enough to make.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thats a cool relic. What if you put a group of people in the house. They stay there and study the area for phenomena. In stead of for a day or a few hours. The house can be modeled over to look like a normal inn.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Back when I was interested in ghostly stuff and studying psychology, I read a couple of studies that tested subjects' responses to a 'haunted environment.'

One study I vaguely recall used control groups with different information. It amounted to leaving a group in a room they believed was notoriously haunted and then interviewing them about the experience. Another group waited in the room without any suggestion that the room was haunted. The room was part of the science department and had no history whatsoever of paranormal freakiness...

Guess which group experienced weirdness?

so residual energy is left over by human's emotional states?

new topics

top topics

join