It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese city targets 10,000 in sterilisation drive - report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
lemme tell ya a story

down the road from me there is a 28 yr old woman
who has 6 children and never has been married and it
appears as all 6 kids have different daddies.

She gets a welfare check every month
She gets food stamps every month
She gets a transportation allotment for babysitting them
and driving them where they need to go
She gets child exemption credits every year on income taxes
She gets an earned income tax credit
She gets child care tax credits
She gets child education credits
She doesn't have to work, her children ARE her work

She lives and survives off the system.

I asked her a while back if she was ever going back
to work and she said HELL NO !!!
I make too much money having babies.

Your scenario is IMPOSSIBLE.

1) You have to have income in order to qualify for the earned income tax credit.

2) You have to have income in order to file for child care tax credits.

3) There is generally a five year limit on cash welfare benefits (depending on the state) AND there is a cap where new additions to the household do not qualify for additional cash benefits.

4) Due to welfare reform, cash welfare recipients have to work a job a certain number of hours a week after a certain number of years.

5) In order to get child care assistance, you have to be either going to school, working a job, or participating in one of the government work programs. AND you have to be enrolled in school a certain number of hours WHILE also working a job on the side for a certain number of hours. If you just work, you HAVE to work a certain number of hours. If you have no job, you HAVE to participate in the government workshops for a certain number of hours per week. The same is true for the transportation assistance. How do I know? Because I was in the system for 4 1/2 years receiving cash assistance.

6) I have no idea what a 'child education' assistance is. I have never heard of such a thing in the years since I first was receiving assistance a long time ago. And at one point I was receiving everything there was out there.

7) Child exemption credits on income taxes? Like you said, she doesn't work. She wouldn't even be filing income taxes.

Yes, you told a story. That much was true anyways.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
reply to post by DEMONcrats

People claim that China is so crowded that there running into each other. Well I live in a city of 8 million and there is no crowding.

Yeah I've been to China before, but I never lived there.

There is some information on crowding in cities here:

Cities proper by population

What I noticed is that for large cities, in the USA there are only 2, New York City and LA, but China has 8 out of the 61 largest cities in the world.

Actually the population density in Wuhan is shown as 20,000 per square km which is above average for that list, but there are more crowded cities and the other 7 large cities in China don't look too crowded. Crowding in large cities in India looks much worse than China according to that list.

Well I may not agree with they way they are going about this in China, but I think something needs to be done globally to limit population growth. The current global population growth rate is unsustainable. Climates will change, there will be droughts and water shortages, meaning some farms and crops won't have any irrigation. Heck that's already happened in some of the world's most productive farms in California, they have been shut down due to water availability issues. We need to plan a global population that can survive when times are bad too, not only when times are good. We really don't want mass starvation when times are bad.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4letter
The world is NOT overpopulated. The problem is we are crammed into cities and forced to live on top of each other.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by 4letter]

Looks pretty overpopulated to me.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by TheMadHatter]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
When you live in a communist country, EVERYONE is on welfare.

Originally posted by boondock-saint
lemme tell ya a story

down the road from me there is a 28 yr old woman
who has 6 children and never has been married and it
appears as all 6 kids have different daddies.

She gets a welfare check every month
She gets food stamps every month
She gets a transportation allotment for babysitting them
and driving them where they need to go
She gets child exemption credits every year on income taxes
She gets an earned income tax credit
She gets child care tax credits
She gets child education credits
She doesn't have to work, her children ARE her work

She lives and survives off the system.

I asked her a while back if she was ever going back
to work and she said HELL NO !!!
I make too much money having babies.

Now, you ask yourself
does China have this problem ???

Which problem is WORSE???

Being free to have all the babies you want? or
Controlling the nations birth rate so nobody gets
addicted to welfare?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Over population is a serious problem. Finite resources dictate we limit or slow population growth ourselves, or we let nature do it for us, and that scenario probably won't be very pretty.

Obviously these Chinese communist see the problem with unchecked population growth and in typical communist fashion have decided on a draconian measure to deal with it. Rest assured, communist party VIPs won't be among those sterilized.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I agree completely with you. im not for forced sterlization but there needs to be reasonable limits enforced on people like that, same with octomom. The government should say theyve reached there quota and can have no more kids. then the government should send them to school to learn a trade and after 4 years give them no more aid and make them work like any normal family has to

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

The Obamanation will use this as a paradigm for US population control

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join