It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese city targets 10,000 in sterilisation drive - report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Chinese city targets 10,000 in sterilisation drive - report

www.theaustralian. com.au

OFFICIALS in southern China have launched a campaign to sterilise nearly 10,000 people as part of a crackdown on parents who violate family-planning rules, state media reports.
Family planning authorities in Puning, a city in Guangdong province, have detained more than 1300 people in the drive, the Nanfang Countryside Daily said in an investigative report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I thought that recently China was slackening off it's very tough one child laws... apparently not. I personally find it hard to reconcile the balance between need for constrained population versus basic human rights. If we breed unchecked like animals we can expect the same natural limitations imposed on us by disease starvation and social unrest.

The 20-day campaign launched last week is targeting 9559 people considered the "most severe violators of the family planning policy in Puning," the Global Times said.

So far half the couples targeted had agreed to sterilisation, the paper said.

I wonder what the alternative to sterilisation was to make half accept?

www.theaustralian. com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
So they're basically arrested then being held till they agree to being sterilized. Wow, thats sick that that is happening in freaking 2010. I dont know these peoples situations or anything like that but why would they stay there. Hopefully they'll be let go and they can get the tits outta there and go somewhere where theyre not treated like a stray cat.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I would much rather people control their friggen breeding, than ALL of us having to suffer the natural consequences mentioned in the OP.

Starvation and diseases, or wars if you believe in the NWO's plan for depopulation. We can be depopulated humanely - By limiting births, or by killing most of the existing populations.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
lemme tell ya a story

down the road from me there is a 28 yr old woman
who has 6 children and never has been married and it
appears as all 6 kids have different daddies.

She gets a welfare check every month
She gets food stamps every month
She gets a transportation allotment for babysitting them
and driving them where they need to go
She gets child exemption credits every year on income taxes
She gets an earned income tax credit
She gets child care tax credits
She gets child education credits
She doesn't have to work, her children ARE her work

She lives and survives off the system.

I asked her a while back if she was ever going back
to work and she said HELL NO !!!
I make too much money having babies.

Now, you ask yourself
does China have this problem ???

Which problem is WORSE???

Being free to have all the babies you want? or
Controlling the nations birth rate so nobody gets
addicted to welfare?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Star for you boondock-saint
Therein lies the problem, you said it perfectly. It's a morally grey area, but humanity can't just keep breeding at an exponential rate. Someone's gotta have the balls to do something about it, looks like its China right now.

NEXUS

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
So they're basically arrested then being held till they agree to being sterilized. Wow, thats sick that that is happening in freaking 2010. I dont know these peoples situations or anything like that but why would they stay there. Hopefully they'll be let go and they can get the tits outta there and go somewhere where theyre not treated like a stray cat.

well...you cant fart over there without somebody smelling it.

you cant take a crap without someone hearing it.

its so overcrowded...its already a hassle to just dee the people in the cities....people are starving and living thrid world in rural areas...what more do you want??

the wolrd is not something full of fuzzys...its tough and awful...grow up.

im tired of people acting so horrified.

its amazing that feminist pro-choice people support abortion but act so horrified by this...hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
lemme tell ya a story

down the road from me there is a 28 yr old woman
who has 6 children ...................
She lives and survives off the system.

I asked her a while back if she was ever going back
to work and she said HELL NO !!!
I make too much money having babies.

Now, you ask yourself
does China have this problem ???

The problem isn't with fertility or desire to have children. The problem in your anecdote is THE SYSTEM.... Take away all those benefits or limit them to certain situations and you wouldn't have people chosing welfare as a career choice.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

agreed
but dont you think China is doing pretty
much the same thing except with a
different approach ?? making it mandatory???

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan

I thought that recently China was slackening off it's very tough one child laws... apparently not. I personally find it hard to reconcile the balance between need for constrained population versus basic human rights. If we breed unchecked like animals we can expect the same natural limitations imposed on us by disease starvation and social unrest.

That is the problem, unchecked breeding is going to take us to a very bad place but nobody wants to make tough decisions.

So we see ads on TV asking us to help feed the starving children. Aren't we trying to solve the wrong problem? If those starving kids grow up and each have 6 more kids, there will be just that many more starving mouths to feed, at some point the entire Earth will end up on a global basis like Easter Island did when it became overpopulated...the population became too large for the resources of the island to sustain, and people got so hungry they started eating each other...cannibalism.

So let's not wake up to that nightmare one day and ask ourselves why didn't we do something before it got so bad. I actually think China's one child policy was brilliant.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I am reading a book now that is set in 2020, where the whole planet is infertile.

I think we should welcome every new person with open arms, and I hate China's regime.

This is a violation of human rights.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The world is NOT overpopulated. The problem is we are crammed into cities and forced to live on top of each other.

Africa has the most resources on the planet and plenty of fertile land. The elites don't want those resources being used by the the "useless eaters".

You know what else Africa has? Diamonds and gold. It's not a coincidence there has been non-stop violence and civil unrest in African countries since they gained independence. Africans have been deliberately sterilized and infected with AIDS in the 50s through polio vaccines, courtesy of the WHO.

If you are for the forced sterilization of human beings, then go ahead and get yourself snipped. There will always be people who abuse the welfare system. Personally I don't care, today's money does not have any real value like gold. Money is a note promising to pay a debt.

What the Chinese government is doing to its own people is appalling.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by 4letter]

[edit on 16-4-2010 by 4letter]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DEMONcrats

People claim that China is so crowded that there running into each other. Well I live in a city of 8 million and there is no crowding. Now on the weekends the malls get crowded but that's normal everywhere. Now if it sounds like the posters on this thread have never been to China nor have they lived there.

Many Chinese have more than one child. The problem is having 3,4 or 5 children. Then top it off with only wanting boys you have a serious problem. Currently they have 20 million too many males. Its a bonus for the girls as they get real picky. With 20 million to many boys, trouble is on the way. The other problem is cultural. The parents look at the children as their retirement plan and don't save for the future. Thus the more kids the better their retirement.

I'm not one for forced steriality but due to poor management they don't have a choice. China can actually feed the world with rice so feeding itself is not hard but then again that's not in the game plan. Oh BTW the option for not accepting sterialization is a bullet. Either way you won't have anymore kids. Just an FYI, I live in China and have for years.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Good luck to you, living in China, a country that has aborted girls for years.

How horrible.

What goes round comes round.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

She doesn't have to work, her children ARE her work

Is this woman born in the country in which she currently dwells?

And is this a country which has to rely on immigration to import enough young people to pay for the old ones retiring?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Sad but true, they look at boys as the money maker for their retirement. If the child was going to be a girl they would abort it. Now they are faced with an over population of boys. On another note, my wife and I are leaving China and going back home.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

How could they not have looked ahead and seen that there would be a zillion boys and no girls, leading to total chaos?

I am glad you are getting out of that benighted country.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by pstrron

How could they not have looked ahead and seen that there would be a zillion boys and no girls, leading to total chaos?

Maybe it is phase 2 of the depopulation plan; or alternatively it makes a heck of a standing army with not much else to do.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about over population. The earth is well on her way to taking care of that little problem with disasters, droughts, famine, and diseases. The more concentrated the population, the worse it will get.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
i personally cannot and will not accept a one child policy

however, here is the food for thought
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join