It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does ATS pick our Mod's ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Simple and to the point.

Humans are so predictable....aren't they ?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by tristar]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I'm guessing Will Smith is the only one that didn't become a mod.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The Few, The Proud

ATS seeks only the most qualified professionals. Prior experience in one or more of the following career fields is a plus:

- Hall Monitor/Ball Monitor
- Crossing Guard/Assistant Crossing Guard
- Nightclub Bouncer
- Social Worker
- Pest Exterminator
- Proofreader
- Parole Officer
- DMV Clerk
- Dog Catcher
- Professional Wrestler
- Debt Collector
- Schoolbus Driver
- Rodeo Clown
- IRS Auditor
- Golf Ball Marshal
- Security Guard
- Telephone Cleaner
- Pet Detective
- Crash Test Dummy
- Truant Officer
- Leaflet Distributor
- American Idol Judge

As you can see, a wide range of skills is required for success on ATS.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Was also wondering just how many Mod's does ATS have ?

If you check out the board home page you'll see a list of mods down the left hand side.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
SO will need time to awakening

My lord

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

dude, we made a mistake with Paula, strike idol judge from the list.

Also, I still think Brian Dunkleman was a good choice so put Idol host back on the list.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm still wondering why in the seventh spyinkster of hell I've never been asked to be a Super Mod or even a Mod.

If you think about it, I've all ready been warned so many times I know the TC rules like the back of my hand. Most of these Mods learned them by doing things like studying, or actually following the rules. Not me I leaned them the hard way.

I have learned, the hard way, to stop swearing. Now after so many God Damn ATS point deductions instead of saying @#$% YOU!!! I say (@#$% YOU!). I have also managed to turn the tone of disgusting grotesqueries like You are getting raped up the @$$ Hole by your government to You are getting raped up the poop Hole by your government you @#$%ing Poop-heads!!

What more could you ask for from a Super Mod

..........It's because I am Mexican hu......You Double-Damned CopperTops.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
OK, it's quite simple actually. One must be concerned with the site(that means the members) first. It's about them, not you. THAT IS PARAMOUNT. Secondly, one must keep their personal bias out of moderation. Everyone has certain personal feelings on issues and staff can and are encouraged to participate but NOT moderate by their views.

One has to be able to work in a close environment with others that are totally different from each other. We have staff from 20's-60's. From all over the globe. Some are conservative, liberal, holistic, mystic, the list could go on. We almost never totally agree but the consensus that the staff comes to is what happens.

Communication skills are also a must. There have been incidents where poor communication with a member exacerbated a problem. We've all done it, myself included. Can't bring your A-game everyday. Once shown though it can be worked out.

We've had staff before that we've chosen and it didn't work out. Maybe they had most of what it makes to be a staffer but not all. That is a disservice to that member and to the membership. That is why we are extremely careful when sending an invitation to be a mod. You've seen the staff bashing here for even small things. What would the staff look like with someone out there representing the members without all the skills? Not fair for everyone, including the staff this time which takes heat for the smallest thing.

That said, things evolve as time passes. I'm still sure I was chosen 6 years ago to shut me up. Did not work.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

So THAT's what the female Reptilian was doing!

Last time I let Crakeur set me up with a blind date....

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

I'm still wondering why in the seventh spyinkster of hell I've never been asked to be a Super Mod or even a Mod.

Ya' know...after reading your post and taking note of your demeanor and creativity, I too am curious as to why you haven't been asked to be a MOD..

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Sorry. They've already got one of me.
I learned that way too. Amazed I didn't get banned before I learned the ATS way.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

Last time I let Crakeur set me up with a blind date....

It's not Crakeur's fault ... it's simple math.

Why You Can’t Get a Date (Here's the Math)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Based on your answer I wanted to post the lotto scene from the movie , The Island . Sadly , I was unable to find the scene on youtube , just seemed fitting

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

Aw common man! I was just kidding.

No need to get insulting.

But in all honestly the Mods on this site are some real stand up people. They really, truly are in my book. They are very good Moderators and know how to hold their personal feeling apart from their moderating decisions.

ATS dose have the best Mods on the Net in my book.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Now that sounds more like it...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Especially you Intrepid, you have to be one of the best Mods on this site.

Sure you (urinate) me the hell off some times and I am sorry about some of the things I have said to you in the past. But that's why Good hearted Moderators like you and the rest on this site are needed.

You guys make this site a better place to get informed in. You keep hot heads like me from running a muck of the place.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join