It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does ATS pick our Mod's ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It all begins when certain privileged members of the ATS leadership feel it's time to incrementally advance toward complete control over its minions.

Once they determine that increasing the size of their governing oligarchy won't raise any eyebrows, the back-room deals and midnight sessions commence.

After months of secret handshake meetings, and jockeying lobbyist back scratching they diabolically hunker in the trenches in wait mode.

Only when the rest of the ATScongress is in recess do they make their move in order to prevent the loss of their hard earned kick-backs through a proper vetting venue.

Oh wait..,that's our Government.

Nevermind

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Personally, I had my front door kicked in during the middle of the night, and was dragged out to a 1953 Black Cadillac by two huge non-human entities.

I don't remember anything about the next 24 hours, but when I finally awoke I was back home on the sofa and when I logged back in to ATS I was a moderator.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
G'day all,

Well, well, well, what do we have here.

No Mod's want to speek up about it, a conspiracy with in ATS.

I'll be watching this one to see who speeks up first.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Now that some of y'all have had your fun, allow me to explain the process of finding moderators.

First, all mods come from the pool of members.
Every so often, as we grow or as some of our current staff feel the need for a break from their moderating duties, we begin discussions on adding/replacing moderators. The admins are alerted to the need for new staff and then, behind closed doors, the admins and owners run the moderator suggestion software which is a proprietary software designed by a group of former government hackers. This software will give the admins and owners a list of anywhere from 3 to 10 names. The admins and owners then scan the posting activity of these members to ensure that MOSA (MOderator Selection Algorithms - the software) didn't make any mistakes. Then, we turn the entire file over to some friends at a remote location that I cannot divulge. These friends work for a group within the government. Well, not within the government. They're more like the guys behind the guys. They've got the ear of everyone and nothing gets done without their stamp of approval. We're not keen on it but this is the protocol we were told to follow when the Gov't gave us the funding 3 years ago.

Anyway, the names are submitted and the guys at the head office do their background check to ensure our selection to staff will work within the guidelines provided by the Federal Internet Security and Tactical Awareness (FISTA). They, in turn, provide us with a list, in decreasing order of preference.

The owners and admins review the list and an invitiation to join staff is sent to the first name on the list. If the member declines, an invite goes out to the next name on the list.

Once you accept, there's a whole new set of steps to ensure the security and safety of our staff and our operation.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

You forgot to mention the Red and Green spandex and knee high boots which I will admit I find attractive on females but on men?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

you like the guys even more. It's cool. The supers look stunning in their boots.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The exact details are, of course, highly secretive... but it's really a pretty straightforward process. You have the DNA coding (perfected since MirthfulMe was abinducted), the 7 holy implants, the memory wipe, and... for some reason I can't remember the rest...

Oh, wait! There's the Reptilian orgy party on Nibiru... I still got scars from that...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I guess my route to staff was a bit different..

The Judge merely said, "You have two choices son, Mod or Prison"

Let's just say that I am somewhat still a free man

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I was able to obtain this highly classified video of a MOD meeting. I was never the same after watching it.

Oh! The Horror...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Too Funny! Is that "Russian Idol"?

He's got my vote!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Anyway, the names are submitted and the guys at the head office do their background check to ensure our selection to staff will work within the guidelines provided by the Federal Internet Security and Tactical Awareness (FISTA). They, in turn, provide us with a list, in decreasing order of preference

You're not gonna listen to this guy are you?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I would have guessed something along these lines.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

I laughed so hard, there were tears running down my face! Seriously, that's too funny!

As far as ATS mods go, I heard that the finalists had to play Human Tetris to win the top spot.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I thought they were chosen for spelling, and being good with names...

And being able to deal with the public, of course...

[edit on 15-4-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
By the looks of this thread, apparently you just need a decent sense of humor.

other then that, I dunno. And apparently I am not worthy of fishing program. That is ok, no hurt feelings..... none at all.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nobody listens to me, why should you?

Oh wait, that's right, I'm part of that internal Admin/Owner meeting. Like most of the folks at the top of big government, I know nothing.

Nixie, don't worry, the sense of humor category is only one, small part.

there are other criteria that we investigate. I can't tell you about them as we don't want anyone trying to improve themselves in this category.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
[edit on 15-4-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
By the looks of this thread, apparently you just need a decent sense of humor.

Far from it, as its so apparent, humor is not a criteria its a human reaction upon predefined stimulation.

Humans are so predictable, aren't they ?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Yes. I predicted you'd say that.

Thanks for the confirmation

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I heard when they implant the moderator chip it hurts. Apparently the location they have chosen for the implant is very sensitive and hard to get to. Problem is they don't tell you this until you have signed the unbreakable contract.... opps guess I just spilled the beans.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join