It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Navy Has Released New Data on UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
July 28, 2009

The former chief commander of the Soviet Navy has revealed information on UFOs that until recently had been secret. The Soviet Navy had so many encounters with mysterious objects raising from or diving into the ocean that a special analytic group was set to make weekly reports to the naval commander-in-chief. The Russian website Free Press (svpressa.ru) interviewed that officer on July 16.

Vladimir N. Chernavin, 81, was the chief commander of the Soviet Navy and deputy minister of defense of the USSR from 1985 to 1992. He is the recipient of several high Soviet and Russian state honors. The material he presented is peppered with the names of other distinguished Soviet naval officers. Some of those officers have spoken before about their knowledge of UFOs, but others are being publicly associated with the phenomenon for the first time.

Among the information Chernavin revealed are these statistics provided by former naval captain of the first rank Vladimir Azhazha: “Fifty percent of meetings with UFOs are connected with the ocean, and 15 percent with lakes.” Forty-four percent of cases have been recorded in the Atlantic Ocean, 16 percent in the Pacific, 10 percent in the Mediterranean Sea.

www.theufochronicles.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ceb2b29e05a3.jpg[/atsimg]

More and more is coming out in Russia and other countries, how can the U.S. Government ignore this?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I would find any site like this not very credible seeing that the photo used is an obvious photoshop job of a submarine missle launch.

edit to add*

They arent doing themselves or the legitimate UFO truth communitiy any favors coming off like the national enquirer and asking for donations either. If I were really trying to bring truth to disclosure on a website I would NEVER use photoshopped pictures. You might as well flush any credibility down the toilet if you do.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by QBSneak000]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
No one is claiming that this is a real photo, it was done to illustrate what was seen at the time.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm stuck. I agree that maybe if it wasnt so tabloid the information [Which I believe to be credible] would be taken more seriously.

On topic. It doesn't surprise me that the oceans would be a location of heavier activity. They see the Earth from afar and decide maybe the real intelligent beings are aquatic. After reviewing who lives on land they may decide that there is no intelligent life on land.

Seriously though it's a great place to hide a ship or a base, we humans know more about Earth's Moon and Mars than we do most of the oceans.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Intresting

reminds me of this video...
www.youtube.com...://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRvPahxBQUs&feature=related

[edit on 14-4-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

maybe they just dont want to be bothered by us. when i was in the military over seas i would see dogs, see them live and acknowledged their existence and intelegence, but it didnt slow me, the mission or the army on what we were doing. im sure if these things are real and they are advanced as we say they are they just simply dont care unless we are blaintly in the way. and even then it would be like pushing a little kid out the way when your doing something

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
All that high performance detection equipment they have is bound to detect some unexplained phenomena. If the Tom Clancy novel from 20 years ago is any indication of the technology they could be hearing anything from North Korean submarines to the Slichter mode of the earths own core.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Be careful trusting Russian reports, even when they seem fairly straightforward. They are still spying on us, as we are on them. The most frequent media reports of both nations are less information than mis-information.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

I'm starring that post.

I'm a graphics producer as well

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

BRITTWARRIOR.....

That's a shocking CGI effort, don't you think?

The splash doesn't even line up with the object's point of entry of the water

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Aquarius1.....

Thank you for posting that interesting article.

As per Slayer69.....

I am concerned regarding the credibility of the source article for the UFO Chronicles site......it's from the Mosnews site.

Mosnews has some truly awful headlines & "readers' choice" articles.....awful enough that I think much of it is exaggerated & fabricated.

www.mosnews.com...

I think we need to find original source material, excluding Mosnews.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Does anybody recall all those sightings of UFOs entering and exiting the sea from US sailors in the Pacific late in WW2?
Bit vague on this one, sorry, but the aircraft carrier crew who put deckchairs on the flight deck to watch this going on all night.
Roger Marsh of UFO Examiner made a documentary about a very haunted property called Hinsdale House, the occupant of which was on a battleship in the Pacific in WW2: he said a huge silver UFO had emerged from the sea and followed the ship for about 24 hours, even after being fired on.

I'm not sure about this Russian report either:- so 10% are from the Med? Russia has never had much of a naval presence in the Med,so if that small and transient presence managed to produce 10% of the sightings there must be a disproportionately high number of them in a body of water far smaller and shallower than the Atlantic or Pacific, far busier and surrounded by populous countries. So how come nobody else has noticed?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

An artists impression would have been a better call to describe what was going on at the time IMO.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Check this out.... the whole show is on youtube but this is specifically about the Russians from about 2 mins in.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Thanks for posting the video it certainly looks like my OP and the picture I posted.
I must have missed that show.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

---

Love the Russians ufo stuff. Hate the bull-#. Watch and learn; detect the nonsense from the real..

DECOY

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
I think we need to find original source material, excluding Mosnews.

Hey bud, I don't know about the original source but here's the story linked on the Fox News website:

Fox News

As for the statement made by Russian Naval Officer Vladimir Azhazha about 'fifty percent of UFO encounters being connected with oceans' - this also seems to correlate with the work done by zoologist Dr Ivan Sanderson (Link).

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Check this out.... the whole show is on youtube but this is specifically about the Russians from about 2 mins in.

www.youtube.com...

Firemoon, some very interesting accounts there mate - Carl Feindt (seen at 4:00) is probably one of the leading researchers when it comes to UFO water reports and there's a good presentation by him in this thread a few posts down.

Originally posted by Aquarius1
No one is claiming that this is a real photo, it was done to illustrate what was seen at the time.

Aquarius1 -good point and good thread.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks Karl 12, was hoping to get more feedback on this topic, just because it's old doesn't make it less reverent, I don't believe these case are unrelated to sightings today.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Aquarius1]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join