It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yoplait's Double Conspiracy-Killing Small Wildlife and Human's, One Cup At A Time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan_pwner

Please understand, that while no death may be attributed to yogurt directly, the ingredients it contains are the first step in the ladder to death. And these first steps surely are not limited only to yogurt, but now, most all food. But there is some great organic yogurt that does not contain ANY of these ingredients. Just read the labels, and if that doesnt convince you somethings wrong...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Thank you for this post. I will not be buying anymore Yoplait products. But as for my Diet Aspartame I am drinking. Well one more sip can't hurt.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
There is no such thing as a sweet yoghurt, you put all those stuffs in it because YOU the people wanted it that way. Of course it's full of crap when there's always idiots that still drink it and call it "yoghurt" even though it has lost even the remotest resemblance to yoghurt.

Here's yogurt:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26a5a854ca94.jpg[/atsimg]

It is easily obtainable anywhere in most of Europe, I can only assume US has one too (I mean, the pic shows actual yoghurt).

This thread has no conspiracy in it. Most people in US have cars, right - well sit in one and drive to your local Joe the farmer and buy the real stuff. Sorry to be cynical, but your own desire to have everything the ez-way led to these so called yoghurts being sold.

Besides, the real problem isn't poisons in our food, but the fact that it's SWEET, it's filled with addictive sweeteners. People don't care if it'll kill em as long as it tastes like candy.

Here's a beautiful representation of what is wrong with your food:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I brought that brand of yogurt at one point, but then I stopped because it was gross.

LaYogurt is great though.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelpusher

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
I may agree with your premise, but think of the alternative that most parents stuff in their kids mouth's.

Processed Tyson chicken nuggets and McDonalds.

I will be awaiting your next thread on the real dangers of this culture. If you are looking at this yogurt cup from the "hippie / green" view then yes, I would agree, but IMO to label Yoplait (sp?) as a danger to kids growing up etc.. well I think you are pushing it a bit.

But I do love to play devils advocate.

Nothing wrong with a hippe / green view. The hippe's don't want to carbon tax you. They don't bow to the man. I'm a 60's child so I know what a hippie is. It's not the in your face "I know what's best for you" person that you may be alluding to.

Taking care of the planet is okay. Ruling the planet under a false environmental cause is not.

My apologies for the OT remarks.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by thepixelpusher]

I'll be damned! An honest hippie that didnt sell out to "the man"!

Too bad all of your contemporaries (and young "wanabees") didnt follow your lead!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Good thread
As for your question on why they would do this, i have no real idea other than to help along other corporations in making people sick with various illness from mental to physical helps along drs, psychologists and big pharma everywhere i would think.. so really it comes down to money..
As for the cups, if they were able to be recycled (not sure if they are)? then really the warning is for the scum who throw their litter everywhere..if its disposed of properly i wouldnt see it being an issue.. i remember the plastic beer 6 pack holders causing an issue years ago because ducks were getting trapped in them.. as people were tossing them into woodland areas and the ocean.. which is a whole nother topic that pisses me off lol.. But yeah, my family and i have been on about 2 years of healthier eating and label reading, and wow can it get frustrating! especially when it comes to 'well what the hell CAN we actually eat these days'.. we try to shop mainly organic, but when we cant get certain items (usually due to the price of some items and the non availability of) that are organic, we usually go to the stores own brands around here because a lot of the time the cheaper the product the less additives they tend to have in them.. a lot of brand names have things you just dont want to eat or feed to ones kids.. its scary..

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Right then, for that reason, we decided to immediately quit buying Yoplait.

It should be a crime to design a killer plastic cup for yogurt. How dare this corporation sluff off responsibility for their Peta unfriendly design to consumers. I refuse to give my hard earned money to such a company that cares so little about life.

Not to distract from the argument at hand, but:
To be perfectly fair, PETA kills more animals per year than all the yogurt cups in the world. Last year (2009) PETA killed approximately 2,300 animals. So I think perhaps you're boycotting the wrong organization here.

Furthermore, as far as all the "cancer causing additives" are concerned, I've yet to see conclusive proof that aspartame or any of the other sugar additives are linked to cancer. There are as many doctors saying that there is NO link as there are saying that there IS. For the amount of proof available, I could just as likely say that too much oxygen leads to cancer.

I don't know much about the beef additives or the pesticides, so I can't really comment. Perhaps I missed something vital, but I fail to see the conspiracy here.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

I am sure there are many more products which "kill wildlife", but I am more concerned with the ingredients than that personally.

Very true. I recall about 15-20 years ago, here in the UK there was a huge camaign to get people to rip apart the plastic ring binders for 6 packs of beer etc, because ducks and geese etc were getting them stuck around their necks and strangling themselves. Even now when I buy some tinnies, you'll always here me saying "save the ducks!" as i tear the binders apart before throwing it away.

To be fair to Yoplait, they do tell the consumer to crush the container before disposal. If the consumer fails to do this, then they are to blaim, not yoplait. It says on the side of a bleach bottle "Do not drink". Would it be the bleach company's fault if I went and downed a pint of it?

Aso, most of the ingredients in that yoghurt are harmless with exception to a few, like the aspartame etc (he says whilst sipping on a coke zero), but the sugar, gelatine and such are perfectly fine.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

I agree, I usually just buy natural plain yoghurt and add fruit and honey. Perfectly healthy and very tasty once you get over the initial sour kick.
It's right there in the fridge next to the processed crap like Ski or yoplait people! Usually cheaper to be honest too. At least it is here in Europe, I don't know how easy it is to get hold of in the US.

Rule of thumb... if you can drink it, it probably ain't real yoghurt. You EAT yoghurt with a spoon, not drink it out of a cup.

I just had a look at a cup of natural yoghurt I've got in the fridge here and looked at the ingredients.

Ingredients:
Whole Milk
Live Cultures

That's it.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The only real healthy stuff is the one you and your neighbors make yourselves, everything else is artificial.

Right now im eating stuff that comes approx. 50 meters around my house, the sheeps cheese is made by the shepperd few doors down, butter also.

Nothing healthy comes out of a supermarket shelf, you cant even trust bio-stores

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
There are very few products you can by safely. Do you think "fresh" apples or other fruits are not sprayed with deadly chemicals even though there are no labels on it?

Wake up. In USA you don't even need to be informed (legally) about selling you GMO's.

I mean... hello! The only safe product is one you have grown or made yourself.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
reply to post by SassyCat

I agree, I usually just buy natural plain yoghurt and add fruit and honey. Perfectly healthy and very tasty once you get over the initial sour kick.
It's right there in the fridge next to the processed crap like Ski or yoplait people! Usually cheaper to be honest too. At least it is here in Europe, I don't know how easy it is to get hold of in the US.

Rule of thumb... if you can drink it, it probably ain't real yoghurt. You EAT yoghurt with a spoon, not drink it out of a cup.

I just had a look at a cup of natural yoghurt I've got in the fridge here and looked at the ingredients.

Ingredients:
Whole Milk
Live Cultures

That's it.

I agree with those two fine people above!

I too buy natural plain yoghurt and then add fresh fruit like a banana, some honey or berries and eat it from a soup plate.

Thankfully it's very easy to find the "good" healthy yoghurt here in Europe in grocery stores or supermarkets.

I usually stay away from all those small cups of crap because they are definitely not healthy at all, but they have a few good ones in small cups "ready to eat" too.

Always check the ingredients I say!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Maybe just me, but I don't see the point in running away from all these processed foods. Sure, maybe they have chemicals in them that could possibly raise my chances for getting cancer. Maybe.

But so what? Maybe if I eat enough apple seeds I'll turn into an apple tree.

Seems to me that we all eat the same crap every day. I really doubt there's some guy in a lab somewhere saying "man, what's the most subtle way I could commit genocide". There are alot better, simpler ways to do it than putting aspartame in our yogurt (hint: don't drink the water).

So yeah, maybe Yoplait's stuff has chemicals in it. And maybe they did it because it saves them 5 cents for every cup they make (which is five cents of profit).

And then, maybe they tell you it's really healthy for you, even though it's not. Gasp. A company lying to me so that I'll buy their product? How unusual.

Shoddy marketing and shady tactics, yes. A murderous company out for the blood of the common people and their animal friends? I think not.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Using the first tool in the conspiracy investigators handbook, Follow The Money, it would seem that the food corporations are doing a little business with the medical/pharmecutical industry. "How about we throw some business your way and in exchange you help support our Pink Lid campaign..." All the big corps (corpse) seem to be constantly collaborating on brainstorming new ways to extract the very essence of our being.
"They got all the right friend`s in all the right places... so yeah, we`re goin down! They got all the right moves and all the right faces... so yeah, we`re goin down! Everybody knows! Everybody knows where we`re goin... yeah, we`re goin down! They got all the right friends in all the right places...

onerepublic

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Using the first tool in the conspiracy investigators handbook, Follow The Money, it would seem that the food corporations are doing a little business with the medical/pharmecutical industry. "How about we throw some business your way and in exchange you help support our Pink Lid campaign..." All the big corps (corpse) seem to be constantly collaborating on brainstorming new ways to extract the very essence of our being.
"They got all the right friend`s in all the right places... so yeah, we`re goin down! They got all the right moves and all the right faces... so yeah, we`re goin down! Everybody knows! Everybody knows where we`re goin... yeah, we`re goin down! They got all the right friends in all the right places...

onerepublic

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Wow now this is just sad. You people are becoming a little too paranoid.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
try to find stonyfield, it's the only yogurt i'll eat these days

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

"A company is founded with a view to profit." This was first sentence of my first economy teacher at very start of first lecture.
Hence do not blame individual company, blame System under which its operate. We will be fed by poisons until we decide, that food production (health care, education, ...) is not business as usual.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I ran to the fridge to look at the packs of strawberry we have and NO phenylanaline!!!

This type also was made with sugar and corn syrup so it must be the low calorie ones. Still, a Star and flag for you because people SHOULD read the damn labels.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
The only real healthy stuff is the one you and your neighbors make yourselves, everything else is artificial.

Great idea, unless like me, there isn't a farm for at least 20 miles. Most people where I live don't even have a garden, just a yard.

If I want groceries, I have 2 choices; a supermarket or a green grocer, who probably buys his greens from the same place as the supermarket, as most supermarkets in the UK try to source from local (or as local as possible) farms and producers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join