It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This picture *IS* a hoax.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I've seen this picture crop on ats a few times and everyone seems to think it is a hoax, well, it's not a hoax but it is not a real picture either. It was computer rendered for Jack Picket by Micheal Schratt per Jack Pickets instruction after many months of letter writing between these to men. Acording to M. Schratt, this and 3 other craft like this were seen first hand by J. Picket in 1967 at McDill air force base.

www.youtube.com...

here is the video i got this info from, all the info for this aircraft starts at 36 mins into it and goes up to the end with a really good explanation .

My thanks to Reevster for posting this video in another thread

Based on the inclusion of the source images, the thread title has been altered from "This picture is not a hoax" to the current title.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Sorry, your video is not working.
Patmac

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I've seen this picture crop on ats a few times and everyone seems to think it is a hoax, well, it's not a hoax but it is not a real picture either. It was computer rendered for Jack Picket by Micheal Schratt per Jack Pickets instruction after many months of letter writing between these to men.

So in other words, it's a fake picture.

Therefore a hoax?

A computer rendered model of anything is not accurate unless you can see what the render was based on...

It's a hoax. The equipment may exist, but this is not an accurate portrayal...

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hi Baddmove,

It's not a hoax - but it's not real either. As you said, it's a computer graphic reconstruction of what was agreed between the two men. It was interesting in the video that these 'aircraft' had been scrapped.

Also interesting was the strenth of the undercarriage - potentially to withstand a really heavy payload. I think as was suggested - a nuclear power plant?

And people think chemtrails are bad - give me Marlboro anyday!

Peace!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I suppose we could only technically call it a hoax if it were presented as being an actual picture of something. It's not in this case; it's admittedly a fabrication, which means we can't take it as evidence any more than we can take the testimony on which it is based as evidence. If we recognize that it's a fabrication then its value is trivial, if someone tries to say it's a real photo then they are perpetrating a hoax. I'm not sure that much time should be spent on it, in either case.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

o.k. i put in the youtube link, please watch from 36 mins to the end, it will explain it better for you.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It is a HOAX, because the photo exists in real life, and without the saucer. Originally the photo had other planes in that area, and then it was altered with the "rendering" of the saucer.

The comparison of the two photos side by side exists on ATS, but I don't have time to go find it right now.

If you take a photo, and you alter it, and you use a false sense of authority (aka military insignia) to make it look real, then you have created a HOAX.

Plus, even if this photo or this craft were real, we already know that experimental disc shaped craft existed in this time era, and they did not perform well, and they were discarded. So even if it were real, it would only prove the existence of some subpar aircraft that never went into production.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Its a hoax insofar as using it for proof of the claim.

It is just a rendition of a persons first hand reports of the disk shaped aircrafts the military is reported to have in development.

I see no reason to disbelieve it, seems plausable, but last I heard, they weren't very good at anything beyond some recon and potentially high earth orbiting...too unstable to weaponise as it "wiggles" too much

I don't know why it remains classified (assuming its real).

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I looked at the picture as if it were real and was honestly quite disturbed...

There can be no mistake that flying saucers were a big thing around that time....

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
1000 points to the first person who post the un-doctored image.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
this is it I believe.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Metal Head]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

There are other pics of this craft available . I think i may have them .

Would love to see the underside of the craft , if anyone finds any . That might explain my 'ufo' sighting from '78-'79 in cali .

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
double post .

[edit on 13-4-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5adbaa50d97.jpg[/atsimg]

bah, beaten too it...oh well

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
1000 points to the first person who post the un-doctored image.

Got it!

second pic down

LOL damn!

[edit on 13-4-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Sorry...metal head got it...she was first, and has a hotter avatar than you or I. Wins all around

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

I see a technicality here

You said post...not link

I was the first to post....metal head only linked

I win...will take the cash equivilent however...what is it, 4 dollars per point?

shall I give you my paypal info or will you pay me in gold?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Original photo is here:

EDIT: Ha! I'm waaay too slow for this board. Darn my old age...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Semi hoax perhaps?
... how 'bout, pseudo hoax?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm a guy. I didn't see a thing to post an actual picture html or img code or whatever that is why i posted a link instead. Sorry if that disqualifies me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join