It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue Brown Dwarf Discovered in Our Cosmic Neighborhood

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You say its impossible, yet it is. Just because they say nothing is out there doesn't mean you should automatically believe. If there was something, do you really think they would tell us something (I'm speaking of the government) that would plunge the world into chaos. Do you really think they couldn't cover it up? I know, that's just the conspiracy side of the argument. But you did say show me some evidence to back it up. Well, show me some hard hitting evidence that its not possible, that they couldn't cover it up.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Still Searching

It's a little hard to hide a planet sized object. There are too many amateur astronomers out there looking up all of the time. So to claim that the government could cover this up is really not possible. You can see Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn with the naked eye. If this object were coming our way you would not need even a telescope to see it by now.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ok, so where do you think these conspiracy theories come from? Amature atronamers saying what they see, then no one believes them and any evidence they submit, no matte what is considered a hoax. I'm just saying that maybe there is something going, maybe not. You have to look at both sides fairly in order to get a better understanding. I'm not trying to bash what you say at all by the way. You have great points.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Still Searching

This material is in many ways like the Bermuda triangle claims. At first it seems that there are many sources for the information. A little looking around and you realize that there appears to be an initial event that gets things started. Most BT books refer to the first book as the source. The other authors did not attempt to verify the claims.

It appears to me that the hype is based on the Mayan's Haab calendar. Start there and all of the other stuff gets heaped on top. The problem is that no one seems to take the time to think before heaping something else on the pile.

Some people say Sitchin's planet is not due in for 70 more years. That didn't stop that idea from being tossed on the pile. An earthquake, volcano, solar event, bad storm, or whatever happens and toss it on the pile. Doesn't matter if it has relevance. A rocket goes out of control over the White Sea. Toss that on the pile. Petroglyphs sound good. Toss that on the pile. The loss of genetic diversity in agricultural products has been of a concern for years. Toss that on the pile. So on and so forth.

After all this slop, which has relationship to each other, is made into a big pile the proclamation is, "Look at all of the evidence." Really? It's a pile of stuff with no order. Some of it are outright lies. Some of it has been misrepresented. It's a mulligan stew.

To paraphrase Tom Leher, it's a loud collection of hoopla and noise signifying absolutely nothing.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Ok ok, you got me there. And that does make sense. I guess now we just have to worry about all the other ways the earth could ha ha

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The danger to Earth is not an impossible planet. What is dangerous are things called near earth objects. These are not big. They are hard to see because of their small size. Their gravity is small and the effects on the planets cannot be measured.

NASA - Near Earth Object Program

On October 8, 2009 about 03:00 Greenwich time, an atmospheric fireball blast was observed and recorded over an island region of Indonesia. The blast is thought to be due to the atmospheric entry of a small asteroid about 10 meters in diameter that, due to atmospheric pressure, detonated in the atmosphere with an energy of about 50 kilotons (the equivalent of 110 million pounds of TNT explosives). The blast was recorded visually and reported upon by local media representatives.

The quote is from the 4th entry down the page.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The danger to Earth is not an impossible planet. What is dangerous are things called near earth objects. These are not big. They are hard to see because of their small size. Their gravity is small and the effects on the planets cannot be measured.

NASA - Near Earth Object Program

On October 8, 2009 about 03:00 Greenwich time, an atmospheric fireball blast was observed and recorded over an island region of Indonesia. The blast is thought to be due to the atmospheric entry of a small asteroid about 10 meters in diameter that, due to atmospheric pressure, detonated in the atmosphere with an energy of about 50 kilotons (the equivalent of 110 million pounds of TNT explosives). The blast was recorded visually and reported upon by local media representatives.

That actually reminds me of something I witnessed very Recently. Give me a minute and I'll see if I can find the Article.

Here is the story

There are some videos on there as well. So I see what you mean about NEO's, I witnessed that first hand

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Still Searching]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join