It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue Brown Dwarf Discovered in Our Cosmic Neighborhood

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

You have done a poor job researching me. You also appear to have done a poor job researching brown dwarfs. They are real. There is no brown dwarf entering our solar system. If you have evidence for a brown dwarf in our solar system then present it.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

You have done a poor job researching me. You also appear to have done a poor job researching brown dwarfs. They are real. There is no brown dwarf entering our solar system. If you have evidence for a brown dwarf in our solar system then present it.

No where in my post did I say that there is a brown dwarf star that is entering our solar system at this time. Do not put words into my mouth. As for your replys, they are usually negative towards the op. I don't think I like you very much.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
reply to post by stereologist

You seem to me to have a very limited area of interest, judgeing by the threads you have responded too since you joined ATS. It is also apparent that you have some sort of personal vendetta against ET_man. Brown dwarf stars are real so what is with you???

He doesn't like Sitchin and doesn't want him to be right.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

All you said was that brown dwarfs exist. Was there a point to your post?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Sitchin's claims are very foolish. It's not whether I like Sitchin or not it's simply that Sitchin in wrong in many different ways. If you think you have evidence supporting Sitchin why don't you post it.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Forgive me if someone has said this already. If there is this brown dwarf out there could it be possible that it has it's own planet revolving around it and that is what comes into our system? One of it's orbiting planets swings by creating all hell to break loose. It would then swing back out for some odd thousands of years and do it again. We only have one star but lots of of systems have binary stars and this is why they are also searching for "Nemesis" the hypothetical second sun. Maybe this is it. Maybe not.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I agree. I don't think he likes brown dwarfs, period. In fact, I don't think he likes anyone. He's here to upset others. In psychology, it's known as transference.

mclinking

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

That's not possible. Such an interplay of planets is an unstable system.

The reason there was a search for a Nemesis was based on what appears to be repeated extinction events on the earth that repeat about every 26 million years. There was also a suggestion from orbital data of the known planets that something was affecting their orbits. The orbital data was refined with better measurements to show that no planet was out there. Improvements show that no planet can be within 320AU of the sun. Pluto is out 39AU.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

Do you have anything to add to this this thread or are you just going to make off topic posts of no value?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

That's not possible. Such an interplay of planets is an unstable system.

The reason there was a search for a Nemesis was based on what appears to be repeated extinction events on the earth that repeat about every 26 million years. There was also a suggestion from orbital data of the known planets that something was affecting their orbits. The orbital data was refined with better measurements to show that no planet was out there. Improvements show that no planet can be within 320AU of the sun. Pluto is out 39AU.

LOL you don't know nothing.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

It appears that you have nothing to ad to this thread other than ad hominem attacks. I actually posted information. If you have a dispute with that information please post it. I am looking forward to your input instead of your use of double negatives.

Hint: "you don't know nothing" means "you do know anything".

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Look who's talking!
Best laugh of the day.

mclinking

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Gday all,check this out i posted it on another thred,but will post it here as i feel it relevant, i wanted to know what Agent stereoligist thinks of it also.

Is nasa blind?

battleofearth.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

Do you have anything to offer to this thread or are you trolling?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclinking

I agree. I don't think he likes brown dwarfs, period. In fact, I don't think he likes anyone. He's here to upset others. In psychology, it's known as transference.

mclinking

This is just pathetic, ad homs do nothing to help your case, and only serve to your hinderance.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

The first thing I noticed from the blog was that the links to NASA did not point to NASA. Who does this idiot think he is fooling?

The claim that Jupiter is almost igniting was written by a dork with no understanding of the scientific device being used or what is being viewed. The the scene of a stock image from NASA is a view of the galaxy and I simply can't recall what this idiot claimed it was. This is a video for idiots by an idiot. Notice how the idiot stops posting dates. Then he posts a faked image and then more faked images along with a few lens flares. It is amazing how stupid some people can be.

The one redeeming part of this video was that the sun dogs were pretty.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Thank you for that,puts a different spin on it for me.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Iceblue you don't have to believe me, but take the time to ask yourself simple questions. Is this true? Go to the stereo satellite website and see if the images match the video. He gives dates. That's a thing to check. The video claims the object is Jupiter. Check it. The video says there are 2 suns. Go out and see if it is true.

If you want to see some really great photos of the amazing world we live in I highly recommend the following:
Atmospheric Optics
I love to look up and see what is there and appreciate the thoughtfulness of the website to help me identify the wonderful things there are to see. Saw my 2nd circumzenith arc not too long ago.

Hope you get to see many of these beautiful atmospheric effects.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Gday, i consider myself to be a researcher of many different topics,2012 is one of them.
Being able to research something you need an open mind,you must sit on the fence and examine both sides or all sides of the topic,this is why i asked you about the video,you raise some valid points as do many of your other posts,theres always two sides to the coin and somewhere in between is the truth.
Personally i WANT planet x to come forth and wreak havoc,more than i BELIEVE it will.
However my research now is based on what is happening now.
I read one theory,which is a long shot,but something we can monitor.
The theory is that planet x's gravitational pull,will effect the earth the greatest around/within two weeks after the solstice dates. Effects like massive earth quakes etc etc,at present it is hard to match events this scale in a two week time frame as there are too many!
I do think something is approaching us in the next two years,but i cant help but think it may be man- made - war.
I find the whole subject very interesting - gee i have actually read passages from the bible omg whats happening to me! Cheers

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

If a planet sized object were entering the solar system then it would affect the paths of the objects in the solar system. There are no movements of the known planets which suggest that there is a large body that is unknown. If you look at the problem from a search and fine effort, then you ask the question how far out does a planet have to be so that its effect cannot be measured with current instruments. You might say this is the same as asking how far out does it have to be to "fly under the radar."

Just because we can't detect something with the current level of technology does not mean it isn't out there.

Any planet sized object has to be at least 8 times as far away as Pluto is. That's far away.

Constraining the orbits of planet x and nemesis
Where Are You Hiding Planet X, Dr. Brown?
Planet X: No dynamical evidence in the optical observations

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join