It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma lawmakers and Tea party discuss forming a militia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Frustrated by recent political setbacks, tea party leaders and some conservative members of the Oklahoma Legislature say they would like to create a new volunteer militia to help defend against what they believe are improper federal infringements on state sovereignty.
source

It would appear that things are starting to come to a head.

One would think that the very last thing up for consideration in Oklahoma would be anything involving the word militia. While talks are exploratory brainstorming at the moment, it would appear that people are not only tired of the dictates and mandates of the Federal Government intruding upon them. Not just feeling tired of it, but feeling the need to organize.

I look to see some other states to mirror the Sooners in the near future.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sure, they can join the crowd. That will just be more reason for the feds to listen to their phone calls, read their e-mails and tail their cars.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Good. All states should do this. And nullify unconstitutional federal laws. And if they want to enforce them, just keep the IRS money and tell them to go freak themselves.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
People from the Oklahoma LEGISLATURE are wanting to start up a militia??
They feel it's that big of an emergency, they think 'their rights are being taken away'. Where were they when gay people were paying (and still are) their taxes to their state but weren't able to get married. They don't share the same rights as 'normal straight people'. Oh, thats right,they were fighting making sure they were denied those rights. The hypocrisy is maddening.

Here's a fun quote:

Tea party leader J.W. Berry of the Tulsa-based OKforTea began soliciting interest in a state militia through his newsletter under the subject "Buy more guns, more bullets."

The one good thing I read was:

They say the unit would not resemble militia groups that have been raided for allegedly plotting attacks on law enforcement officers.

But honestly, whenever I hear the word 'militia' I just picture a gang without their colors, that level of violence and hate. Not saying that is what they're doing at all. Just saying what images that word triggers to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Sure, they can join the crowd. That will just be more reason for the feds to listen to their phone calls, read their e-mails and tail their cars.

Or perhaps it will be more reason for the feds to simply just listen to the earnest calls for freedom and regard for natural rights.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

hmmm not everyone is gay

but everyone is effected when the constitution is under fire

edit:

fun true fact, most humans will not pursue something until it directly effects them, most

[edit on 4/12/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Good for the sooners
I hope this comes to my state

even though I am disabled,
I could walk with a cane
and that cane could be supporting
our stars and stripes.
or I could strap in on my back

I'll tote the flag !!!!

hell, they'd prolly shoot me first, lol
boy would that pi$$ off the rest of us.

Shoot the disabled man toting the flag!!!!
He's a terrorist !!!! Guilty by association !!!!

would love to see how they demonize that
in the MSM.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Supposing other states begin to do likewise such as the ones mentioned in this thread And I do believe Tennessee also joined in on similar resolutions in their state legislature. Where would we be then?

Not that secession is being discussed (or even threatened) but could we be looking at the "What If..." situation at its very beginning right here?

There is little argument that many of the People are upset. There is little argument that revolution/revolt has been bandied around for some time now. I have said on numerous occasions that I feel the one thing that will get people off the couch is a US Military crackdown on a group with excessive force.

Even the wording of their mission, to stand their ground has that eerie ring of what South Carolina troops were saying at Ft. Sumter. People do realize that the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant is in Oklahoma right? They made the MOAB there.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I don't know if you are a citizen of the United States, a resident, or a tourist and I wouldn't care to know. But one thing you should know, the reason USA even exists at all is because of the might of Militias. And I don't believe any honest volunteer militias are biased on who volunteers (Race, creed, ethnicity, education lvl, gender, etc). The only commonality that brings militias together is to fend off big governments, back then it was the British who were looking extract more & more revenue from the colonials.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well it sounds good but legislators are all talk and no action. This could be just another means to make people feel like they are doing something but in reality render them benign. If they are serious all they need to do is pass a bill reinforcing the county Sheriffs authority to arrest Feds violating the constitution and ordering them to do so!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I sure hope there is at least one of those civil servants in Oklahoma that would alert the authorities if he/she gets a WHIFF of anyone about to morph from a pussified wannabe McVeigh to an actual copycat murderous traitor.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Well it sounds good but legislators are all talk and no action. This could be just another means to make people feel like they are doing something but in reality render them benign. If they are serious all they need to do is pass a bill reinforcing the county Sheriffs authority to arrest Feds violating the constitution and ordering them to do so!

Can you please show me where in the almighty constitution there is an authority of the good ol' boy sheriff to arrests feds. of which to reinforce?? Didn't they try that when the big bad feds. had to forcefully integrate the schools?? You people hate this country.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
To the poster above, all I have gotten from your two replies is hatred. Since you delightfully mention our very Almighty Constitution, I do say ours and not yours since its seems you don't have any respect for it. But continuing on, where in our Constitution does it allow the citizens of this nation to be forced to buy services, i.e. Health Insurance?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Could you guys be any more ridiculous ?

A FED is like Hey guys lets form a Militia. We promise this time we wont set you up and we wont try to get the low iq people in your militia to say and do illegal things.
So the media will pick it up and paint the rest of you as idiot lunatics. Ya we wont do that this time we PROMISE!!!!!

The feds are really pretty good at amplifying human emotion to a point that makes you lose all sense of direction.

Trust me, if you are in a militia i don't care how hard core the next guy poses 5 out of the 10 people in your group are feds,police,atf,fbi,cia or informants to all of the groups. They target the weakest person in the group and agg them into building things or verbal scenarios.

Shoot with your family if anyone says lets scope out a building. Leave never talk to that person again. If they trying to provoke you into violence leave. They are feds.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

oh....sounding shilling now.....i might be wrong but darn...jumped right on it with establishment

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
To the poster above, all I have gotten from your two replies is hatred. Since you delightfully mention our very Almighty Constitution, I do say ours and not yours since its seems you don't have any respect for it. But continuing on, where in our Constitution does it allow the citizens of this nation to be forced to buy services, i.e. Health Insurance?

Yeah, I hate violent anti-American extremists, and will express my views (it's still my right as an American, that is ACTUALLY in the constitution). As for your constitutional question: You know what, why don't you show some faith in the almighty constitution and let the SCOTUS rule on the constitutionality of laws. You know, like the constitution says they (NOT SOME RAGTAG MILITIA) should. Have some faith in what you espouse. MmmmK??

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 4/12/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Okc bombing was fed ran. SPLC gave housing to mcveighs sect before the bombings.

Its all listed in court documents of investigations by the fbi look them up.

OKC bombing was meant to destroy the militia movement because it was a growing powerful force.

The same as the tea parties are now are a threat to the political and social ordered looting of individual liberties as well as assets facilitated by government.

Think about who is walking around every day carrying guns and black suits. Flying around in helicopters carrying guns and shining spot lights in the middle of the night. They all work for the gov,they have all the guns they have all the power they have prisons to put you in and they are scared of an organized group telling them no they can't violate us.

They say we should be scared of terrorists overseas. I am more worried about the political terrorists right here ever so willing to destroy our liberties and blame it on a person overseas.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

I don't know if you are a citizen of the United States, a resident, or a tourist and I wouldn't care to know. But one thing you should know, the reason USA even exists at all is because of the might of Militias. And I don't believe any honest volunteer militias are biased on who volunteers (Race, creed, ethnicity, education lvl, gender, etc). The only commonality that brings militias together is to fend off big governments, back then it was the British who were looking extract more & more revenue from the colonials.

I understand where your coming from but things have evolved since then. Your old school version of militia has evolved into a group of people fueled by hate and misunderstanding of whats going on around them. They're rallied by fear of something thats not really happening, thanks to the battle cries of Fox news.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
To those interested in what is going on and the potential ramifications...I suggest you read any good history of the US Civil War, especially the chapters covering the years and months leading up to the outbreak of hostilities at Ft. Sumter, SC.... for the hard core-Battles and Leaders of the Civil War, or Bruce Catton's Pictorial History of the Civil War is a decent start for a neophyte, maybe The Blue and The Gray.

In my opinion, we are in a time frame equivalent to 1858-59-60. We see the country growing more and more polarized. The policies of the sitting president are unpopular...taxation without representation, unjust laws impacting certain parts of the country or populace more than others, cries for people to remember the roots of the country and our Constitution and the American Revolution, the spread of and formation of local and regional militias... with the support of the state, the states taking a more antagonistic view of the Federal government.

Does any of this sound familiar? My question is what will be the "match" that ignites the fuse? What seemingly insignificant event or happening will so stir the righteous indignation of the US citizenry, that they/we are mobilized to action...be it right or wrong?

The tender box is dry, everyday...Obama and the media are pouring gas on the mass... , what will be the spark?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
To those interested in what is going on and the potential ramifications...I suggest you read any good history of the US Civil War, especially the chapters covering the years and months leading up to the outbreak of hostilities at Ft. Sumter, SC.... for the hard core-Battles and Leaders of the Civil War, or Bruce Catton's Pictorial History of the Civil War is a decent start for a neophyte, maybe The Blue and The Gray.

In my opinion, we are in a time frame equivalent to 1858-59-60. We see the country growing more and more polarized. The policies of the sitting president are unpopular...taxation without representation, unjust laws impacting certain parts of the country or populace more than others, cries for people to remember the roots of the country and our Constitution and the American Revolution, the spread of and formation of local and regional militias... with the support of the state, the states taking a more antagonistic view of the Federal government.

Does any of this sound familiar? My question is what will be the "match" that ignites the fuse? What seemingly insignificant event or happening will so stir the righteous indignation of the US citizenry, that they/we are mobilized to action...be it right or wrong?

The tender box is dry, everyday...Obama and the media are pouring gas on the mass... , what will be the spark?

If you love this country, you will not be wishing for it to be on fire. That is not they way, IT IS NOT THE WAY. You will kill what you say you love. Furthermore, these militias and their fanboys are no where near as big as you purport.

Best,
Skunknuts

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join