It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caucasian is a Racist Word

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Few "white" people are ever insulted by derogatory labels that point to the color (white) of their skin, I don't know why. Call me cra**a all you want it won't bother me.

So it comes as no surprise that anyone on here would be offended from the information you presented.

Having said that, I must thank you OP. I have learned something new today.

I do find it interesting though, that the other 2 are not used anymore and somehow have the feel of an insult within them. This must be learned behaviour? interesting.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You're right, it's not biblical history. It's what some person assumed was the history of biblical peoples.

But the way I understand it, his classification for the three 'great races' was only regional. His belief that the Caucus region was the location of the garden of Eden may have been part of the reasoning for his classification of the people, but I seriously doubt he meant anything inflammatory or to imply superiority over the other two.

But then, being white, and being religious himself, he may have already had in him a sense of superiority because he was white, and that was prominent in that time.

Still, he was a scientist, and I doubt he considered himself a supremacist over that. I'm pretty sure his labeling of peoples were purely categorical, and not overtly racist in nature.

Still, I don't believe that words have 'power' over the minds and hearts of people any more than the people give power to said words. The word Caucasian has very little power, because very few people know it's origin.

I would say the word 'Aryan' has a little more power, because there's a more ubiquitous racist connotation attached to it. But even that is ridiculous, because Aryan is generally synonymous with Caucasian.

Words are not a problem. The human mind creates problems from them, which otherwise would not exist.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by vesta

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
reply to post by vesta

Vesta, it is written by the man who came up with the term himself that because whites were so perfect, they must be the descendants of Adam and Eve. He essentially wrote that all other races were mud races, while whites are the pure race. That is the entire reason he assumed that whites originated from the caucuses. I don't understand how this is so hard for you to understand.

italkyoulisten.............You obviously are a religous person HENCE the Adam and Eve reference.

Wake up and smell the coffee....

Fail. I am not a religious person. The Adam and Eve reference comes from Johann Friedrich Blumenbach himself. He believed that whites were so perfect that they must have been descendants of Adam and Eve. He also believed that the Garden of Eden was in the Caucuses. Those are his words. Try to understand what I am saying, rather than misunderstanding and then making erroneous assumptions about my personal character.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Did you know calling something "good" is offensive to everything else that you didn't call "good" ?

It's how the elites keep us down.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

reply to post by passingthought

I'm not saying that people who use the term Caucasian are racist. I am saying that the meaning behind the word is highly racist, though most people don't realize it.

I just want to say that I believe words [and symbols in general for that matter] and their meanings hold great power over peoples' unconscious.. much more than what one would think.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by italkyoulisten]

You can make something out of anything. The Proverbial 'Mountain out of a Molehill'.
What is key in the debate over Racism/Prejudice is "inflection". It's all about your tone. Say, if someone rampantly insists there be an injustice, and it progresses, pride and prejudice will form. As an oddball right now, I'm a little peeved at local authority, but with the General Election looming, who isn't. But, yes, I'll go with it and state: F the Police, they're Pigs. Nuthin' butt air donut.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Not only is it racist - it does not exist as a single race, it appears there are more than 10 white skinned races from Chinesse to Irish Red's. it appears over the centuries these white skinned races use to be light brown skinned.
except for two - Viking Red and Nordic Blue, these are about as pure white as race is concerned... just about every other race is all mixed up.
so Viking and Nordic are about the purest blood line you can have.
oh, another pure race is a central african village, and this one village has the whole range of human features - so either these africans were horny little devils or someone or something spread their genes to all corners of the earth. by doing so muddy'd the genetic profiles of just about every then pure blooded races on earth. so, if the chinese say they are the choosen ones and Jews say they are... well both appear to have been cross bred with other genetic materials in their distant past about 14,000 years ago. is when this genetic mixing took place. similar to what is happening in the melting pot today. one big bowl of genetic soup.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think , so far on this thread , I am the only one with direct and continuos geneaolgy to Caucasus or Caucasia .

The word Caucasian is actually a self definition of natives of TransCaucasia .

When a Georgian , Armenian , Kabardian , Karachain , Abhazian ,Ossetian etc etc uses the term Caucasian , it is a common definiton for all these tribes to identify themselves .

Actual word is Kavkaz or Kafkas , depending on your dialect .

Even today , all nations of Caucasus region self identify as Caucasian .

To differentiate from the Slavs or Asians or Persians or Arabians perhaps .

The Term Caucasian thus has an inherent meaning which is applied locally and natively by people who called themselves Kafkas / Kavkaz / Caucasian for a loooong time .

For example my family armada has been in existence for some time .

My tribe/family name can also be found in not only ancient scripts but also in Old Testament too .

As for the term being racist ?

I am a Caucasian and that's how it's been for a looong time .

I usually , only self identify as a Caucasian when I am in the presence of other Caucasians of Caucasus .

How can it be racist when we the Caucasus people use the term Kavkaz ?

Having said this , I also understand from a Germanic point of view of this issue .

Ossetians / Alans own up to them being their ancestors .

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Far too much weight is put into the words we use everyday. Especially in English, which is a horribly gross language compared to all others.

Mind you it's fairly new as far as actual languages go.

It's just a word, it's meaning lost in translation along with the time period it was created in.

Words are only racist if a racist is using them in that manner.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

I will try to understand what you are saying next time Sorry for the misunderstanding.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Words are only racist if a racist is using them in that manner.

(from tothe tenth power)

Agreed, and it's also unusual to apply the term to a self-description, which was the essence of the OP. Words are usually described as racist if they're insulting terms applied to other people.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by DISRAELI]

[edit on 12-4-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vesta

reply to post by VintageEnvy

Isn't whites being the descendants of Adam and Eve what every white supremacist group believes? Obviously being called Caucasian wouldn't offend a white person.. because it's not negative. But it does offend people who are not white who knows its true meaning because it implies that nonwhites are a mud race.

OMG........................You have so lost this now

Pathetic at it's worst.

Whats a "mud" race? What other animals have "mud" races?

But please keep trolling Mr. clone account.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
Not only is it racist - it does not exist as a single race, it appears there are more than 10 white skinned races from Chinesse to Irish Red's. it appears over the centuries these white skinned races use to be light brown skinned.
except for two - Viking Red and Nordic Blue, these are about as pure white as race is concerned... just about every other race is all mixed up.
so Viking and Nordic are about the purest blood line you can have.
oh, another pure race is a central african village, and this one village has the whole range of human features - so either these africans were horny little devils or someone or something spread their genes to all corners of the earth. by doing so muddy'd the genetic profiles of just about every then pure blooded races on earth. so, if the chinese say they are the choosen ones and Jews say they are... well both appear to have been cross bred with other genetic materials in their distant past about 14,000 years ago. is when this genetic mixing took place. similar to what is happening in the melting pot today. one big bowl of genetic soup.

huh? More Nazi mental conditioning. oh and those tribes are the Yoruba and the Bantu bushmen. They are the oldest bloodline of homo sapiens on earth.
They were closely related to the first modern humans. They have such a wide range of features because thats what humans looked like before they moved to other continents.

Why do you care who's bloodline is what? Does it matter? Whats muddying a race? Were else does that take place in other animals?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Well one example in animals is in dog breeds. The mixed breeds are called "mutts".

Secondly, this is what the guy who came up with the term believes, not me. He asserts that whites are the only pure race, while all darkening of skin comes from imperfections and digressions from the line. Hence "mud race". Please note that this is not my opinion, but rather that of Blumenbach, which is why I think the word caucasian has racist implications.

Also, "clone account'? What??

[edit on 12-4-2010 by italkyoulisten]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join