It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm angry about taxes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
We pay the taxes BUT
corporations get represented.

That is taxation without representation,

CORPORATE TYRANNY.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
There is one way to avoid paying some of the taxes. Join the military and get sick or gravely injured. My state issues a tax exemption card to 100% disabled veterans. It can be used anywhere. McD's, Wallyworld, utility bills or even a new car every three years. Oh, and my home is tax exempt and no ad velorem taxes. I still have to pay federal and excise taxes of course. You would not believe how much the taxes add up when you count how much you saved. Without that umbrella, I would be under water for sure. I don't know how I did it before I got the golden card!

It's completely outrageous what people pay in taxes. But I'm no financial wizard nor politically minded in offering any substantial advise. Sorry.

OP......You are in the midst of many like minded people.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

Corporations pay more taxes than you do

Although, I think corporations should serve society, not the other way around.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There are those who would argue the Constitutionality of the government's ability to levy taxes on it's citizens.
Honestly, I think all governments should levy taxes, it gets stuff paid for and stuff built.
A buddy of mine from back home, his dad worked for the IRS for like...30+ years.
One afternoon we were all sitting around eating and talking and the subject of taxation came up.
This was around the time when that militia guy barricaded his family in some prairie stronghold (a few years back) to protest taxation or whatnot.
When I asked him (the dad, not the friend...durr) about the legality of government taxation not only did he say that it was perfectly legal, due to some charter for the IRS but that any dissident who is all anti-taxation and refuses to pay...well...he said something like "We have a file on them."
So, whatever, take from that what you want.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
I thought we liberated ourselves from the British and threw their crappy tea into the harbor to escape tariffs, why did we create so many of them?

I believe you have a gross misunderstanding of the events surrounding the Boston Tea Party.

Taxation without representation. You have a representative of your congressional district, you are represented, if you failed to vote then you should not be concerned with what our government is doing.

They don't represent me or my best interests at all, regardless of whether they give me an option between the rock and the hard place. I know I'm not alone here, and that many conservative and liberal minded people can come together to stand up and say something is WRONG here.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

www.truthout.org...

Most Corporations Don't Pay Income Taxes Tuesday 12 August 2008 by: Richard Rubin | Congressional Quarterly

Small companies were much more likely to pay no taxes than larger companies. Still, more than 3,500 large domestic corporations - with more than $250 million in assets or $50 million in gross receipts - did not pay taxes in 2005.

www.heartland.org...

As S corporations continue to grow in popularity, the share of federal revenue derived from the corporate tax will continue to fall. Income earned through an S corporation is taxed only once, whereas income earned through a C corporation is taxed twice: once through the corporate income tax, and again when investors pay individual income taxes on dividends. As the percentage of business activity conducted through S corporations increases, a larger portion of taxes will be collected through the personal income tax instead of the corporate income tax.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
kaytagg :

Corporations pay more taxes than you do

Incorrect.

Corporations used to pay the majority of income taxes in the US.

Now individual persons pay the majority of income taxes,

and corporations use foreign PO Boxes & accounting gimmicks to dodge taxes.

Offshore entities, etc.

Now keep in mind these same corporations use YOUR US highways, YOUR infrastructure, YOUR police, YOUR legal system, etc.

So you pay for the stuff they profit from & they just freeload off you back,

While they use lobbyists to hijack your government away from you.

there is something completely convolutedly wrong with current day America.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by slank]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeofthemountain

Taxes -- and government for that matter -- without the consent of the governed are illegitimate and are nothing more than robbery at gun point.

Well in that case you make 1 to 2 million per year gross. Ya, and the WHOLE world in every country pays taxes. Life sucks... well maybe if you move to an island with no infrastructure you might not pay taxes.
It also sucks when a good chunk of the population pays little, but become the prime focus of a party to get their votes. You really only have few choices, suck it up, leave or hay run for office…

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure that Exxon's tax payment in 2007 of $30 billion (that's $30,000,000,000) is a record, exceeding the $28 billion it paid last year.

seekingalpha.com...

So, Exxon Mobile payed 30 billion -- that's considerably more than you will ever pay. Does this mean exxon mobile should have much more representation than you do? After all, no taxation without representation

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

motherjones.com...

Exxon's Income Tax: $0 [UPDATED] — By Adam Weinstein | Mon Apr. 5, 2010 10:26 AM PDT

Not that this should shock anybody. In 2008, the New York Times discovered that one in four of the US's largest corporations regularly pay no income tax to the IRS, and billions are lost. Exxon's not alone: The Forbes article points out that General Electric avoided paying any income tax last year on profits of $10.3 billion.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I decided outside of sales tax i'm no longer paying any. Living off the radar is easier than one would think.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
50 percent of ALL tax revenue used to come FROM TARIFFS.

Now it is nearly ZERO.

Tariffs are taxes on corporations. Tariffs protect your wages, jobs, and benefits. They protect American manufacturing and small businesses.

All areas are getting killed right now...

We have a 2 to 3 percent average tariff right now.

DO THE MATH.

This country once taxed the richest of this country over 90 percent. 90 PERCENT. It's no where near that now...but holy hell you'd think they were all going broke the way they cry about taxes.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy

Living off the radar is easier than one would think.

Yeah...The Unabomber was living the high life in his shack doing the same thing!!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I decided outside of sales tax i'm no longer paying any. Living off the radar is easier than one would think.

Soooo all you need to do is to be in the lower income of 50% to 60% of the popluation, ya I guess it is not too hard...hehe

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
dont let me throw this wet blanket on your RANT but. taxes are high, they are going much higher. and there aint a damn thing anyone can do about it. the tax you dont know about is the one you should be pissed at. its called inflation. or the intentional devaluation of the current supply of liquidity, by adding more shares you dilute the existing shares.
that is what is kicking our buts.... their printing presses.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Corporations do not pay tax - they are the tax collector - they just pass it along to their customers and send the proceeds to the state.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

well that will work until you need a doctor - and everyone needs one now and then. in the healthcare bill I have been told they did not remove the provision for a doctor to see you he must have REAL ID. AKA RFID CHIP.
or microchip to even exam you. and from Mythbusters we learned that Corporate Financial companies are very protective of investigating RFID. why would we have a Law Requiring a RFID for medical treatment - and basically, blackmail to not tell you Financial Legal will squash any attempt at investigating the technology. Hummm, I smell day old Tuna.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
reply to post by Xtrozero

well that will work until you need a doctor - and everyone needs one now and then. in the healthcare bill I have been told they did not remove the provision for a doctor to see you he must have REAL ID. AKA RFID CHIP.
or microchip to even exam you. and from Mythbusters we learned that Corporate Financial companies are very protective of investigating RFID. why would we have a Law Requiring a RFID for medical treatment - and basically, blackmail to not tell you Financial Legal will squash any attempt at investigating the technology. Hummm, I smell day old Tuna.

Yes, that bill is more about control than health. Also the real issue is not about health insurance it is about health cost. Case in point: I have three health insurances and when I saw a doctor for a first visit he did little but talk to me and my insurance was billed 600 dollars. Now that would really suck if I had to pay the bill, and that is what people with no insurance face.
Now on the other side I took my kid to a clinic outside the insurance umbrella and the visit for pink eye cost me 20 dollars cash which a poor person in America can afford or at least it would be much easier to support them on 20 bucks than 600.

Go to another country and good health care is affordable out of the pocket in most cases, and so even simple insurance to offset these low costs is really all that is needed, but here in America we literally pay an arm and a leg, and this inflated cost is once again a big part of control over the masses and as long as you are in the system this crazy amount of money flows around you not touching, but a person not in the system gets hit with a huge bill they cannot pay for even simple treatments.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy

This is the problem I have with the tea party movement, most don't know what the tea party was about. It wasn't just about taxes or tarrifs, it was a number of things. The number one being the East India Trading company.

So before making the direct association, do a little homework first.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You have fun with that one, but it's going to be harder than you think. There are little taxes the average citizen pays all of the time. Vehicle registration, taxes on your cellular phone bill, toll roads, parking meters, and a whole host of others.

Living off of the radar is also a lot more of an issue than it is worth when you get caught. A fellow journalist in America today sent me a list of the arguments that the Internal Revenue Service of your country thinks are frivolous arguments for not paying your taxes, and you incur an additional fine for using. Sadly the copy he sent me was print otherwise I'd link you to it, but just do a google search or something.

I was amazed, pretty much all of the arguments I've seen here on ATS were in it, the IRS has an answer to them that has case history behind it, and they will charge you a fine if you try to use it on them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join