It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm angry about taxes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I thought we liberated ourselves from the British and threw their crappy tea into the harbor to escape tariffs, why did we create so many of them? Obviously we need some taxes to build schools, libraries and roads. But really? Do we need as many as we have now?

finance.yahoo.com...

I'm sure you've all read the article about almost half of Americans deciding not to pay income taxes, which are as you also know unconstitutional.

Where is our money going to? To fund wars many of us are revolted by? To find false flag terror attacks? To fund Dick Cheney's trips out to the woods where they shoot each other in the face? To fund Obama's task force that executes American citizens?

I'm tired of being taxed!!! There are too many in my opinion. So much of our money is funneled into completely secret black operations, the nature and meaning of which are never disclosed. Maybe if we had more transparancy we wouldn't be so outraged to spend so much of our hard earned dough, on things we don't even know exist. I'm mad.

Damnit, I'm very mad. I'm tired of having NO SAY in the actions of this country. I'm tired of politicians calling our Constitutional Republic a democracy. I'm tired of being blamed for the actions of my government. I'm tired of being sold a two party system. I'm tired of watching politicians lie their way to the top, and I'm extremely tired of watching left vs right battles while knowing they're all together and Bilderburg meetings. IM ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to bold the important part so it doesn't look like an angry rant.
(which it kinda is)

[edit on 11-4-2010 by KyleOrtonArmy]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So just how much taxes have you paid each year to make you so mad? Maybe future taxes will go up with Obama spending, but what are we talking about here?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
So just how much taxes have you paid each year to make you so mad? Maybe future taxes will go up with Obama spending, but what are we talking about here?

We are talking about governments (world wide) building military forces for nothing.

The expression "National Security" has been taken up by just about every country, so that governments can spend out hard earned $$$$'s to buy guns, planes, bombs, AND ALL IN THE NAME OF NATIONAL SECURITY.

The US military is HUGE, ie Navy, Air Force and Army, and then then you have the "black projects" which are probably sucking up more than the regular forces.

You cant have a few million guys standing around doing nothing, so you invent things to spend money on, OH, the tax payers money!!!

Oh, I forget, then you have to invent a war......JC

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Welcome to the club! S&F for you. I have been seething for decades. I am also angry at the ignorance of my fellow Americans who are to lazy and and brainwashed to realize the problems and do something about it. Who believe it is ok for them to collectively steal the fruits of my labor under the guise of democracy without my consent and disperse it supposedly for the greater good...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET

We are talking about governments (world wide) building military forces for nothing.

Welcome to the human race my friend.....

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That hedge fund manager who mad 4 billion dollars last year isn't complaining about taxes, too much.

Neither is the CEO of goldman sachs, who made 300 million dollars.

Nor is practically anyone in the finance industry making over 1 million dollars a year in salary..

I know a few wealthy people who make 500,000+ a year, and they're not all that upset about taxes, either.

Let me cut to the chase, I think you're upset about taxes because you make a crappy salary, and you're thinking "if only the gov didn't take so much of my earnings, I would be better off."

Well, if this is the case, then take up your beef with your employer. He's probably giving himself a raise every year, anyways.. why you're doing all the work, and only getting back of a fraction of your fruit, is between you and your boss.

Paying taxes isn't so bad when you're rich before paying, and rich after. It's only the poor people who have major issues with taxes.

Btw, we're a plutonomy according to citigroup, which means your taxes and spending doesn't matter all that much anyways, because the rich take SO MUCH money that only their spending makes the economy boom or bust. Poor and (what's left of) the middle class are largely irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Didnt you know America is a war machine? Its needs all the money it can to fund the military. Or do you think you have inexhuastable supply of money in which you can throw away 4 billion dollars a day to fund the wars in afghanistan and Iraq?

[edit on 11-4-2010 by loner007]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Obama talked about Cayman Island PO Box corporate 'headquarters' as a means of profit laundering [evading taxes].

He hasn't done a darn thing.

Birkenfeld came forward at UBS bank where they have an entire major division devoted to helping rich people evade taxes. Of the 50,000 names they started with a few thousand paid token fines anonymously & Birkenfeld was rewarded with Prison time.

While Obama goes golfing with the American CEO of UBS.

Probably that list of tax dodgers has Senators, Representatives, Judges, Pentagon Generals & Admirals, & corporate CEOs.

Now if YOU ever tried to get out of paying taxes you would have huge fines & probably prison time.

And where does it get spent?
a Trillion dollars on a war for something that doesn't exist,
but a war that does create terrorism while troops are committing any number of atrocities &
Blackwater is paying strippers & hookers & double billing the government while they smuggle guns illegally into Iraq to kill troops with.
Abu Ghraib?
Homosexual orgies at the Kabul embassy?
Slave labor used to build the largest embassy throughout human history in Baghdad?

Why isn't EVERYONE who has to pay taxes to the government mafia pissed off?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
I'm sure you've all read the article about almost half of Americans deciding not to pay income taxes, which are as you also know unconstitutional.

I'm not trying to nit-pick here, but this statement is incorrect.

47% of Americans aren't paying income taxes -- 47% of Americans don't make enough money to qualify for paying taxes. Which, in my opinion, is worse since it shows to what extent our economy is really in shambles. If you don't pay because you don't feel like it, the IRS hounds you worse than a spouse. Unfortunately I know this from first-hand experience. (After I was married I found out my spouse didn't pay the taxes owed for 6 years. It wasn't me -- I pay, albeit begrudgingly.)

Where is our money going to? To fund wars many of us are revolted by? To find false flag terror attacks? To fund Dick Cheney's trips out to the woods where they shoot each other in the face? To fund Obama's task force that executes American citizens?

All of the above and then some. Don't forget the more than $400 million that was allotted simply for "new office furniture" at the start of Obama's presidency.

I'm tired of being taxed!!! There are too many in my opinion.

Don't waste all of your anger yet, there are more taxes on the horizon.

Maybe if we had more transparancy we wouldn't be so outraged to spend so much of our hard earned dough, on things we don't even know exist. I'm mad.

The problem is, if they are truly transparent with where the money goes, we would all be REALLY outraged. Simply pouring money into a bucket called "Black Ops" makes it sound important and necessary. Also a little "intimidating" if you will -- this prevents people from asking questions.

Better yet, take a look at Congress' budget in general:

For example:

politicians are increasing the budget for Congress by 5.8 percent in the 2010 fiscal year. This is on top of a 10.9 percent funding increase from last year to this year. But the really disturbing number is that it will cost taxpayers $4.7 billion overall to keep the 535 politicians on Capitol Hill on the gravy train.

Link: tertiumquids.blogspot.com...

$4.7 Billion for 535 politicians.
That's nearly $9 Million per member of Congress.

Did I mention that's for one year?

Unfortunately, we are faced with a real problem. Simply saying: We can vote them out.... isn't good enough this time around. We can not get enough of them out fast enough to prevent what seems to be the inevitable bankruptcy of the US.

I don't know the answer. I'm not sure anyone really does.

Merely chanting "revolution! revolution!" isn't going to work for the more than 35 million people or so that are solely living off of the government right now. All entitlement programs and unemployment would cease if any kind of national revolt took place. We would also be very divided internally, due to the number of people that would be penniless and begging for their checks to be sent again.

You thought the ads for healthcare reform were bad? They were all designed to pick the most heart-wrenching of stories and tug at people's heartstrings so they would react emotionally. Many did, as you can see from their posts on the various threads.

Those ads were nothing compared to the media blitz Obama would orchestrate to convince us that a "revolt" is not the answer and is literally taking food out of babies mouths, people dying daily from starvation because of us, etc.

It won't be pretty. But it may be necessary nonetheless.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't know about the OP but I can tell you I paid more in taxes last year than you earned gross. Statistically speaking, of course.

Taxes -- and government for that matter -- without the consent of the governed are illegitimate and are nothing more than robbery at gun point.

It is nothing more than the law of the jungle, looting or piracy with a badge instead of a skull and crossbones.

Originally posted by Xtrozero

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Nobody likes the "pirates and emperors" song?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Excellent! I read that book back in the day. Thanks for the reminder.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
All the governments of the world are really clubs. These clubs are filled with the elite and guess what were not invited and WE can never join. The benefits include having the ability to tax the lower classes to fund Your lavish life style. To keep Your benefits You hire an army to protect Your position and to make sure the peasants are held in check. The peasants don't notice the army to much because You always tell them its to protect them from some unknown boogie man....

So guess what were #ed because 99% of the country doesn't realize this simple concept. They love bending over and getting #ed in the ass by the tax man. Hell the club is pretty ingenious too. They create a underclass of lower peasants and get them to hate the other group of peasants. The underpeasants keep voting for more freebies because they hate the other peasants. The overpeasants keep voting for people that say they will lower taxes....

So they control both parties and insure they hold power for forever... I'm kind of glad everything is going to utter total # because the peasants are starting to realize they don't need their tyrants to survive after all...

Society has a natural order to it and tends to work its way out in the long run. People think We need leaders when We really don't need those parasites... The old west was like this in a way... Yes they had the town scum and the town scum surfaced from time to time. When the town got tired of the scum they forced a posse and cleaned up the scum. It doesn't take a government for the honest people to stand up for what is right just like it doesn't take a government for a crook to be a crook.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
History shows that high taxes, perhaps more than any other single factor outside of natural catestrophy like famine, tends to lead to political instability and to ferment rebellion.

Not advocatin', just sayin'.

Of course, high taxes are usually mixed in with other factors so its hard to say what causes what. But often a tax increase heaped on the shoulders of the groaning masses is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

[edit on 4/11/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Don't get mad, get even, stop paying taxes. Wasn't that easy?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy

your taxes were cut...but you would have to do 10 minutes of research to find that out. i guess it's easier to listen to right-wingers to form an opinion.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I remember Willy Nelson threw a party cause he thought he owned Texas.
He was pretty bummed to find out he owed taxes.

Sam Kinneson. RIP

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I guess it's easier to ASSUME I subscribe to your BULLCRAP left vs right nonsense than to READ and UNDERSTAND what I'm trying to communicate. Contribute something or don't post at all.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
I thought we liberated ourselves from the British and threw their crappy tea into the harbor to escape tariffs, why did we create so many of them?

I believe you have a gross misunderstanding of the events surrounding the Boston Tea Party.

Taxation without representation. You have a representative of your congressional district, you are represented, if you failed to vote then you should not be concerned with what our government is doing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join