It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RC Plane enthusiast builds working Mayan Space Shuttle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is very impressive, and seems to demonstrate that the shape of the so-called Mayan Space Shuttle was not only aerodynamically sound, but was, in fact, optimized for high-performance flight. Check it out:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Out of a large number of trinkets, some of them are likely to be aerodynamic. Especially the ones that look so much like birds. If the Mayans had planes, we would find Mayan planes, not little golden toys.

It is pretty cool though.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
i can say this rocked my socks yo. i wanna reverse engineer some cool # now like atalantis crystal energy or something ballin like that.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned
Out of a large number of trinkets, some of them are likely to be aerodynamic. Especially the ones that look so much like birds. If the Mayans had planes, we would find Mayan planes, not little golden toys.

Nobody's saying the Mayans had planes. Given that they didn't even have the wheel, planes would have been a bit of a stretch, considering that landing gear requires wheels. Unless you're talking about a flying boat, of course.

The idea is that the Mayans may have at some point had contact with somebody else who had flying machines.

Also, it seems significant that the similar Egyptian artifact which some have speculated might be a model of a plane has been proven to be all wrong in terms of aerodynamic properties.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Ever heard of CARGO CULT?Its not the mayans who had the planes;they tried to recreate what they saw.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
nice thread op!

i enjoyed the video.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Yep, they can fly almost anything. Mayan trinkets and even lawnmowers.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Why do any of you believe that these "mayan trinkets" are actually Mayan?

They look like something made recently.

Can anyone show me the proof that they are the age of the Mayans, or found in the regions that they inhabited?

Any leading scientists claiming to have found them? Posing with them?

.... or did some nutjob find one in a pawn store and decide to write a book about it?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
so you read the other thread and decided to run with that idea.
the aliens gods ufos.
shrug.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If it is a copy of an aerodynamic craft; it need not necessarily be a plane (or a "space shuttle"). It could be a kite (though it could be a kite large enough to carry a passenger, hence a glider). In fact looking at the design I see no evidence of propeller props or jets.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
That was an awsome video! I would definately buy one if they were avaiable. It looks so fun.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I saw these gold shuttle like objects quite a few years ago on some documentary somewhere, I really can't remember exactly. I do remember the host was discussing how it looked like the space shuttle and they were talking about authenticity, they felt they were legit.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
the aliens gods ufos.
shrug.

I have no idea what thread you're referring to. Regardless, you are wrong. It's been quite some time since I've visited the UFO forum, and I just returned 'cause I thought folks might be interested in this video.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I don't know.

That gap between the "cockpit" and the "cargo bay" doesn't really seem to be something you would expect to see in an aerodynamically engineered object.

The "cargo bay" seems to have a bulge that looks more like a belly.

That hook on the tail seems out of place too, more like the ornament was meant to hang "nose" down.

The "vertical stabilizer" makes no sense aerodynamically, there is no reason for it to be set behind the horizontal stabilizer. While it would work, it is poor aerodynamic design.

If that's supposed to be a cockpit the pilot is going to have a hard time seeing where he's going.

I can see the ornament as being a stylized bat perhaps, or even a moth.

As has been pointed out, just about any shape can be made to fly. Even a disk.

[edit on 4/11/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit

Originally posted by epitaph.one
the aliens gods ufos.
shrug.

I have no idea what thread you're referring to. Regardless, you are wrong. It's been quite some time since I've visited the UFO forum, and I just returned 'cause I thought folks might be interested in this video.

This is actually quite interesting. It seems to me that if the Egyptians had batteries of sorts it isn't inconceivable that gliders could have been created even flown. How many of us folded paper airplanes? True we did that from examples, but who's to say these weren't created from visual examples.

Thanks for posting.
..Ex

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

I believe he is talking about this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

True, but look at the aerobatics demonstrated by this plane. Yes, if you have a strong enough motor, you can make a brick (or a lawnmower) fly. For something to fly well, however, and be capable of the types of maneuvers seen in this video, it must be more than just a brick overcoming physics via brute force; it must be shaped in a way that actually lends itself to flight.

The creator of this video has been building and tinkering with flying machines for longer than many of us have been alive, is ex military, and was a consultant for the film Blue Thunder and the series Airwolf, among other things, so his credentials are pretty good.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just a thought...what if we are only seeing 1/2 the artifact?

You know....like, we are seeing it laying flat on a table, but its actually got another symetrical/asymetrical half ?

Ok, ok....I'll go back the shed!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned

If the Mayans had planes, why would we be finding them?

The trinkets are made of solid gold, likely kept in a safe place. A plane made of gold would go over like...., well, a lead balloon. I am sure, if they constructed a plane, it would not be made of durable material. it would have been like our first attempts: wood and canvas.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

[edit on 4/11/2010 by Phage]

Even a disk, huh? Not many things as unlikely to be capable of staying aloft as a disk. Thats for sure.

All those cinderblock shaped frisbee's i have will attest to that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join