It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RC Plane enthusiast builds working Mayan Space Shuttle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Then what does this proove?

[edit on 11-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have to say, that was really cool. The guy who made the youtube was pretty amusing and i was smiling through the whole thing.

I had seen previously on UFO Hunters that an upscaled version of the gold little plane is flight worthy, but as usual with that show, they did it very weakly. They made a foam one in the rough shape of the gold plane and rubber banded it across a room to check lift.
This guy put some power onboard and adhered to the wing holes. If nothing else, it shows us that it has alarming lift when thrust is applied. When he throttled ii, it went nearly straight up. Very very cool.

What the heck are those little gold planes anyway? Some mysteries can really keep ya up at night.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Check out some of the other videos on Dave Herbert's YouTube channel, and you'll see that he's quite the engineer:

YouTube link

His obsession is with flying RC aircraft at night, so he's spent years teaching himself how to attach powerful LED lights to all manner of model plane and helicopter. If he was ever inclined to perpetrate a UFO hoax, I'm sure he'd have no problem pulling it off.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

well, and that is the thing...they have enornous lift because of the design. And they are able to be landed at low speeds, as well.

This makes for the perfect design for a glider type of device. Lots of lift capability, and the ability to land without the "nose stall" (i presume is what it is called...since he used that term in his video i think).

Perhaps the Nazca lines were seen from the sky, by using such clever designs for gliders.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
This is very impressive, and seems to demonstrate that the shape of the so-called Mayan Space Shuttle was not only aerodynamically sound, but was, in fact, optimized for high-performance flight. Check it out:

C'mon! There was no Mayan Space Shuttle! You are seeing a highly-representative of a bird. You may argue that birds do not have a vertical tail but in a documentary showing a model of the Eqyptian Saqqara Bird en.wikipedia.org...
hoto_2-plane_side_view1.jpg being flown, they had to add a vertical tail to get the model to be stabilized. The same thing with one of Leonardo's gliders. And your "Shuttle" may have been just a piece of jewelry and never thrown in the air.

Keep a level head! Crazy theories put you in the Section 8 category. Like the person behind the video, a few sandwiches short of a picnic!

[edit on 11-4-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Just a point of information. it's a myth that the Mayans didn't know of the wheel. Children's toys with wheeled bases have been found. Maybe the reason they didn't' develop the wheel was because they didn't have a domesticated animal that made it a worthwhile project ?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

This is very impressive, and seems to demonstrate that the shape of the so-called Mayan Space Shuttle was not only aerodynamically sound, but was, in fact, optimized for high-performance flight. Check it out:

C'mon! There was no Mayan Space Shuttle! You are seeing a highly-representative of a bird. You may argue that birds do not have a vertical tail but in a documentary showing a model of the Eqyptian Saqqara Bird en.wikipedia.org...
hoto_2-plane_side_view1.jpg being flown, they had to add a vertical tail to get the model to be stabilized. The same thing with one of Leonardo's gliders. And your "Shuttle" may have been just a piece of jewelry and never thrown in the air.

Keep a level head! Crazy theories put you in the Section 8 category. Like the person behind the video, a few sandwiches short of a picnic!

Wait, wait, wait, wait......i want to run through your logic one more time to make sure i am clear on your position.

You are saying that the pendant is a "highly stylized representation" of a bird, right? And that the only reason it has a vertical fin is because of stabilization? But then go on to point out the obvious: that this small hunk of gold was never meant to fly.

So, then let me ask you: can it be a representation of a bird, since birds do not have vertical fins of any sort?

At best, it would be a representation of a glider, right?

Interesting that they would make jewelry to represent their toys in a culture that was so predisposed to symbolism and religion. Very interesting.

Perhaps it would just be more logical to say that you are incorrect.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Just a point of information. it's a myth that the Mayans didn't know of the wheel. Children's toys with wheeled bases have been found. Maybe the reason they didn't' develop the wheel was because they didn't have a domesticated animal that made it a worthwhile project ?

So the Mayans put wheels on their childrens toys....i wonder if there are pieces of jewelry made to chronicle this all important object.

The Mayans did have wheels. The wheel is obvious and any civilization would have it, even if in crude concept (using logs to roll stones, etc). They just didn't use them because of the mountainous and jungle terrain of most of their area, combined with, as you mention, the lack of true beasts of burden.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

snipped my comments, The Shrike

Wait, wait, wait, wait......i want to run through your logic one more time to make sure i am clear on your position.
You are saying that the pendant is a "highly stylized representation" of a bird, right? And that the only reason it has a vertical fin is because of stabilization? But then go on to point out the obvious: that this small hunk of gold was never meant to fly.

So, then let me ask you: can it be a representation of a bird, since birds do not have vertical fins of any sort?

At best, it would be a representation of a glider, right?

Right. Let's say they made gliders fashioned after birds but with a vertical tail for stability. Then they made jewelry fashioned after the gliders because they may have flown accurately. It goes to reason that they would make jewelry after a successful flyer. Why not?

Interesting that they would make jewelry to represent their toys in a culture that was so predisposed to symbolism and religion. Very interesting.

You weren't there to witness their daily life. All you know is what archeologists and anthropologists have assumed and speculated. Their daily life included other interests besides symbolism and religion.

Perhaps it would just be more logical to say that you are incorrect..

No, it would not be more logical. Only a possibility.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Can you show me any other toys that they thought highly enough of to make out of solid gold? Something that would support the assertion?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

BigFatFurryTexan has already pointed out the lack of logic in your statements. I will merely add that nobody's saying the Mayans literally had a Space Shuttle. I never even asserted that they had a plane, or a flying machine of any kind. That they may have had contact with others who possessed and operated flying machines, or had an inherited cultural memory of ancestors who did so, however, is a distinct possibility.

So don't talk to me about Section 8, because when you so carelessly throw insults around, especially when they're unwarranted and your own argument is baseless, all you achieve is that you make yourself look like a jerk in public.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
sorry - but you cannot " reverse engineer " any 3d object from one single picture - what is the underside profile ?

second - he has not actually been faitfull to the " design " as he clearly states that he has added moveable control surfaces - which are not evident drom the origional stauete

all in all - a worthless excersise - with no metit whatso ever

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
sorry - but you cannot " reverse engineer " any 3d object from one single picture - what is the underside profile ?

Didnt I already try to make that point, but got no reply?
Not sure, but I think my posts arent coming across, or plain just not showing in the forum?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You do realize that the gold pendant was not intended to be flown via radio control? Why would the pendant have movable controls? He had to put them on so he could control it. The pendant is a stationary model.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You do realize that the gold pendant was not intended to be flown via radio control? Why would the pendant have movable controls? He had to put them on so he could control it. The pendant is a stationary model.

It is more about the internet being a place where you will always find people trying to jockey for intellectual superiority by arguing mundane technicalities.

"(Snort) It can't be 'reverse engineered' because it isn't even made of gold!!!"

[edit on 12-4-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Rather than comment on veracity of Mayan RC capabilities, I'd simply like to add:

I enjoyed the video.
It was fun and enjoyable to watch. The man made good on his claims which is more than I can say for many others. (Especially on this site.)

Perhaps Gen. Patton said it best:

“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”

Regards...kk

[edit on 12-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hi All! enjoyed the video very much!

quite amazing flight characteristics on that thing...

i remember reading somewhere that somebody did wind tunnel tests
on that trinket which had delta wing design and they found out it was
very aerodynamic and could in fact have very good flight characteristics too, anyways S&F from me!

Cheers!

[edit on 12-4-2010 by zoomer72]

[edit on 12-4-2010 by zoomer72]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

utterly irrelevant

look at the pictures of modern diecast aircraft

very few of them - esp small ones have actual moveable components - but its bloody obvious that all the aircaft depicted are fitted with moveable control sufraces

now point out the aerodynamic contols on the myan gold model

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

holly strawman , batman

please go back and read what i actually wrote

you cannot reverse engineer a 3d component from a single photo

i will ask you directly - what is the underside profile ??????????

its a very simple question - the guy in the vid clearly states he used ONE picture - which only shows one aspect of the model

so its clear that he cannot have correctly modelled the bids he cannot see from the picture

its that chuffing simple

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
www.book-of-thoth.com...
They have a 1000 year old version of the trinket.

Of course the Nazca lines are rather mysterious too aren't they?
www.crystalinks.com...

There have been some very interesting discoveries, world wide, the Bosnian Pyramid with a 36 000 year old flute, also language carved inside, and carbon dating itself is said to only be 1/3-1/2 its true age. All the way to a discovery in China around the same time, not to mention the middle east.

It looks to many as if there was a world wide civilization.

Egypt also as a fascination for flight.

Ancient Egyptian Planes
The Sakara Bird!

Just in case, you think they are really aerodynamic toys, India has some very very interesting accounts.

Ancient Discoveries Ancient cars and planes 45

Forbidden Discoveries - Ancient Atomic Blast and Aeronautical Science

I took notes on this one, was particularly interested since so many have an official story to explain this, but their ancient spiritual writings make it so much clearer!

There are many other technologies found throughout the world including flushable toilets and septic systems, lightbulbs that worked, in view of that, one would wonder why people debunk the anicent battery, with electricity a battery would make sense.

There have been many cycles!

Edit to add: From my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Notes on the last video:

--A few yeats ago Chinese discovered some Sanskrit documents in Lhas, Tibet, and sent them to the University of Chandgirgarh to be translated. Dr. Ruth Reyna of the University said the documents contain the directions for building spacecraft.

--Indian epic, Ramayana highly detailed story of a trip to the moon and details a battle on the moon with an Asvin, and Atlantean airship.

--According to the ancient Vedic texts, ancient Hindus had flying machines which were called Vimanas: double deck CIRCULAR AIRCRAFT portholes and a dome!

--1885, the Vaimanika Sastra, a fourth century BC text written by Maharishi Bharadvajy using older texts as his source, discovered temple India.

The Vaimanika Sastra "Science of Aeronautics" is a Sanskrit text on aeronautics, discussing construction of Vimanas (saucers)

--There are 230 stanzas dealing with the construction, take off, cruising for thousands of miles, normal and forced landing, protection of the airships from storms and lightening, and how to switch the drive to solar energy from a FREE ENERGY SOURCE.

--1895 Sanskrit scholar Shivkar Bapuji Talpade designed a basic aircraft called Maruksathi based on Vedic technology with a mercury vortex engine. Unmanned aircraft flew to a height of 1500 feet.

--According to Stephen Knapp the Vaimanika Shastra describes in detail the construction of what is called a mercury vortex engine the forerunner of ion engines being made by NASA.

--additional information on these engines can be found in the ancient Vedic text called Samaranga Sutradhara

-The revolutionary contents of the Vedas:

O royal skilled engineer, constructed sea-boats, porpelled on water by our experts, and airplanes, moving and flying upward, after the clouds that reside in the mid-region, that fly as the boats move on the sea. (Yajur-Veda 10.19)

--The atomic energy fissions, the ninety-nine elements, covering its path by the bombardments of neutrons without let or hindrance. (Atharva-Veda 20.41.1-3)

--Desirous of stalking the head, ie, The chief part of the swift power, hidden in the mass of the molecular adjstments of the elements, this atomic energy approaches it in the very act of fissioning it b the above noted bombardment . (Atharva-veda 20.41.1-3)

--The Rig Veda, the oldest document of the human race, includes references to the following modes of transportation:

Jalayan--a vehicle designed to operate in air and water. (Rig Veda 6.58.3)
and
Kaara--a vehicle that operates on ground and in water. (Rig Veda 9.14.1)

Ritala--a vehicle consisting of three stories. (Rig Veda 3.14.1)

and

Trichakra Ratha--a three wheeled vehicle designed to operate in the air. (Rig Veda 4.36.1)

--The Arthasastra of Kautilya (300 BC) mentions Saubhikas as "pilots conducting vehicles in the sky". Saubha was the name of the aerial flying city (mothership?) of King Harishchandra and the form of "Saubika" means "one who flies or knows the art of flying in an aerial city"

--Kautiflya mentions another word "Akhasa Yodhinah" which means "persons who are trained to fight from the sky"

There is no coincindence happening here.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Unity_99]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join