It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why So Secretive?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If masonry is as innocent as philanthropy and fundraisers why pull a veil over your organization in the first place? And if your rituals are as benign as you would have us (non masons) believe why have them behind closed doors and be sworn to uphold their secrecy in the first place?

What are you afraid of, and what do you have to hide? If you're just a brotherhood or worldwide fraternity rooted in stone, why not reveal yourselves?

And what's with all the creepy ceremony?

And finally, why did JFK dislike you so much?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy

If you will substitute the concept of private for secret, you will be much closer to the truth. Maybe then more likely to understand that we are a fraternity with matters that only pertain to the members.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If you're interested in the information contained within our Ritual; Google it. The Ritual in full can be found on the information super-highway.

Generally I dislike answering a question with a question, but I will in this case. Why not hide something? Most of the "hidden" things are just ways for us to recognize eachother. We are revealed; we wear rings in public, put on funerals in public, do works of philanthropy in public, do building dedications in public, even some ceremonies for schools in public. What is hidden about that? It's not like we keep the fact that we are Freemasons secret from the world. If someone were to ask me if I were a Mason I would most definitely answer in the affirmative. I am very proud to be one, as all Masons are.

You must understand; it is no more secret than any Fraternity you'd join in college. If you were to join Sigma Phi Kappa or what have you; there are going to be certain things you are to keep secret. It's the same way with our Fraternity.

Creepy ceremony? Would you please elaborate on what about it is so creepy?

What exactly makes you think that JFK disliked Freemasons so much? I am very well versed in the speech most people use to found such a claim; though he never specifically picked on the Freemasons to my knowledge. If you know of any reference material outlining such a thing; please point me to it.

Sincerely,
Dillon

(having troubles spelling tonight)

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Namaste]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

in order to find the secret, you must become a mason.
Or be real good on one of them computer thingies. I hear tell that you can read all about our ceremonies on the interwebz. In fact, I once saw the most secret word of a mason printed out right here on these very boards.

We have no secrets at all. BTW, what all do you keep in your sock drawer besides socks? No secrets remember.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Student

Actually, I refuse to google your rituals. Just out of respect I won't google anything on anybody that I know is none of my business. Not that I have some great huge respect or anything for this particular fraternity, just because I wouldn't want somebody googling anything of mine that's private.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
If masonry is as innocent as philanthropy and fundraisers why pull a veil over your organization in the first place? And if your rituals are as benign as you would have us (non masons) believe why have them behind closed doors and be sworn to uphold their secrecy in the first place?

What are you afraid of, and what do you have to hide? If you're just a brotherhood or worldwide fraternity rooted in stone, why not reveal yourselves?

And what's with all the creepy ceremony?

And finally, why did JFK dislike you so much?

Masons are not a secret organization
they are an organization with secrets.

To understand about the secrecy, you have to understand
the concepts of Biblical History.

King Solomon's temple was built by Masons, both operative
and speculative. In that hierarchy there were no ID cards or
paperwork or new forms of security like we have now.
Their security was in essence the knowledge or the secret
that they kept. When payday came, the workers would report
to be paid. What secret they revealed to the pay master
decided what days wages they earned. This is symbolic for the
first 3 degrees in Masonry. First Degree was the Entered Apprentice.
2nd Degree was the Fellowcraft. And finally 3rd Degree was the
Master Mason. Each got paid a different wage.

The Entered Apprentice received the lowest wages and was considered
the grunts of the hard work. The Fellowcraft were the supervisors
who oversaw the Entered Apprentices. And the Master Mason were
the Architects and Engineers who designed the Temple. Each class
of Mason had their own meetings to discuss operations. The EA's
had the 1st Degree meetings. Fellowcraft had their own 2nd Degree
meetings, kinda like an upper staff meetings. And thirdly, the MM's
would have their own meetings to discuss changes in the designs
and implementation of those changes in the temple. So the secrets were
not in place to be a conspiracy, but to restrict each classification
from gaining rank til they were qualified to hold the next classification.
You wouldn't expect an amateur to show up one day and become
a Master Mason, he had to earn it first. He had to go through each
degree so that he had a hands-on experience and working knowledge
of what he was doing.

Eventually after the temple was completed this ceremonial classification
of Masonry was so honed that it was adopted to continue on
a speculative basis. And the ceremonies and secrets thusly involved
are from a historical perspective. Just like going to the Library and reading
about the American Revolution except to keep the oath of a Master Mason
it can only be told by word of mouth, thusly causing the public to
think Masonry is wrapped in Devil Worship. It is not. A Mason can
only get his degrees if he possesses a faith in his diety (God)
and he has to take an oath upon the Holy Bible of the fact.
An atheist cannot become a Mason unless he lies to get in.

I was a Master Mason for 20 years and I am a Past Master
of my lodge so I do speak from experience on this matter.
And there has never been ANY plans heard by me in any lodge
I have attended that would lead me to believe that the Masons
(as a whole) are involved in the NWO.

However, I cannot vouch for Masonry everywhere.
If there are Masons who do plan these type events,
then would be considered rogue or disassociated lodges
from the main stream, extremists as some call it.

If you have any questions, please fell free to ask

[edit on 10-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I am not a mason so I would not know, but my gut reaction is "why not". If secrecy and ritual turns you on and gives you a sense of "self" then what is the problem.

Harmless fun, if that's what turns you on.

Regards

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Jesus if you guys keep airing out your secrets you're gonna get banned from masonry!! I don't need to know your secrets, just why you're secretive.

The only question I ask masons and never get answered, is what exactly does it take to become a mason? I've read all the requirements and prerequisites but they answer nothing!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

All it takes is a willingness to improve yourself as a Man. We take good Men and make them better Men.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I, personally, find that having high appointed judges and police officials should be disclosed. That is why I dislike freemasonry. I don't hate the members, just the idea that judges, politicians, and police officials don't have to disclose their fraternities. Sure you may say that we look down on corruption, but sometimes no one sees it until damage is done.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

So I, a mixed race man, could just walk right to my local lodge and knock and ask to tryout? You don't have to be born into a mason family?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Jesus if you guys keep airing out your secrets you're gonna get banned from masonry!! I don't need to know your secrets, just why you're secretive.

I have not divulged any secrets to you or anyone else.
I gave you a brief history of how masonry came to be
and why the secrets are in place as a security mechanism.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I am not a mason, but a good friend of mine is. He has shared with me some books on masonry and some prerequisites of becoming a mason.

As far as I understand, you must be at least 21 to join, unless your father is a mason and your can join at 18. (Ages will vary from city/state/country etc...)

Second, masonry does not enforce any religion upon its members (religion and politics are forbidden from discussion during lodge meetings) however, to become a mason, your must have a belief in a 'Supreme Being'.

It's really up to you to take the initiative and ask to become a Mason and if you know any masons ask them about membership and they will help you out.

Also, as far as I understand, applicants will be evaluated by a panel of the lodges highest ranking masons and they will decided whether you join or not.

Then of course (there is a initial membership payment), you will be given the accessories (gloves, Apron and study guides etc...Yes you have to study).

You will have to study the art and history of masonry. This will continue from initiation for 1st degree, right through to 3rd degree (official member).

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm going to walk right up to the lodge tomorrow and straight knock on the door. If I end up dead, I'm blaming you guys.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
I, personally, find that having high appointed judges and police officials should be disclosed. That is why I dislike freemasonry. I don't hate the members, just the idea that judges, politicians, and police officials don't have to disclose their fraternities. Sure you may say that we look down on corruption, but sometimes no one sees it until damage is done.

wel I'm afraid that would cause a great stir with the AFLCIO
Civil Liberties action people.

As there are laws in place NOT to discriminate against Religion.
And since masonry is considered basically a religious charitable
brotherhood, then it is protected under those laws.

That way a Judge cannot be fired cause he is a Pentecostal
Holiness or a Cop cannot be fired cuz he is an Atheist and
Post Office worker cannot be fired cuz he is a Mason.

As far as corruption goes, there is corruption in
virtually any classification on the planet. However Masonry
tries to improve the man in his dealings with his brothers
with enlightenment.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
From my very limited understanding on this topic I will say ..........

Back in the days of old when many of these traditions were being formed one would not write down there knowledge and ways for fear of there works falling into the " wrong hands " . To coupe with this possibility much of there knowledge was " hidden " in plane sight in the form of symbolism . This symbolism took many different forms , from the very buildings they built to small logo's they would design .

On the surface these buildings and various logo's meant nothing to those not holding the keys of understanding , there buy effectively protecting there knowledge for all time .

Given the tradition that formed based on these ways of guarding the ancient knowledge one does not have to wonder as to how this tradition managed to last the test of time .

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm going to walk right up to the lodge tomorrow and straight knock on the
door. If I end up dead, I'm blaming you guys.

You may get a rude awaking if there is a meeting going on. lol
it is best to ask around your neighborhood to find another
Mason and ask him for a Masonic Petition. Fill out that petition
and return it to him. get his contact info so you can call
him to inquire on ur status.

Normal procedures in a lodge means your petition
has to lay over on the Sec's desk for a lunar month.
Meanwhile, an investigation committee is gathered
to look into you and your background. If you are found
not worthy, then you will get your initiation fee returned
and you will hear nothing else about it.

If you have merit then a favorable recommendation is
requested in the lodge and you will be voted on by secret
ballot. Only 1 NO vote is all it takes to prevent you from
initiation. If a unanimous yes occurs you will receive a visit in
your home advising you that you have been accepted
for the degrees of Masonry and you will be advised by
your local lodge as to what procedures happen next.

Good luck with your petition

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Thanks bro. When I was in high school I used to party and got on probation for drinking. I had authority problems during that period. I'm sure the masons will find out about it and throw in the black ball.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Meanwhile, an investigation committee is gathered
to look into you and your background.

Thats the scary thing. They probably get Judges, Doctors, Professors/Teachers and more to delve into your background. Think carefully before joining!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by groomlake9

Yeah that part scares me as well. But I'm a man and I have no secrets. I can take a little digging. I guess they have to know exactly what kind of person is trying to join. Not that I'm trying to join or anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join