It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why So Secretive?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by groomlake9

I must say you are most definitely incorrect in your assertion. I myself was guilty of a little youthful indiscretion and am now a Mason. I would say you might get rejected if you were ever guilty of a felony but as far as misdemeanors go we generally can see past a charge to the Man underneath. Also, as far a checking into the background goes we generally just go talk to neighbors and employers. We don't actually run a "background check."

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
You don't have to be born into a mason family?

No, u do NOT have to be born into a Masonic Family
to become a Mason.

According to the bylaws of my lodge,
being a member requires 6 things.

1) Being of sound mind and character
2) Be 21 yrs of age
3) Profess a faith in your deity (God)
4) Have enough money to pay your initiation fee
5) Be approved by your investigating committee and lodge balloting
6) You must petition the lodge. U will not be recruited

our lodge fee is $150.00, however that may change depending
on your location. If accepted, you will NOT get this back.
If you are declined, then you will get it back. That's just
SOP.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
reply to post by boondock-saint

Thanks bro. When I was in high school I used to party and got on probation for drinking. I had authority problems during that period. I'm sure the masons will find out about it and throw in the black ball.

a lot of times they are lenient of such things
especially if u were a minor.

Whatever you do

DO NOT LIE TO THEM !!!!

If you lie and get caught
u will be banned for life

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
How does one move up the different degrees in the Masonic Lodge ?

I had always thought that one would have to obtain a certain level of understanding in one level before moving to the next . I have also herd that some lodges will forgo the learning part and will move a person up in level just as long as the person pays a few to move up in level , is this true ?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

In order to move up to the next Degree you have to display proficiency; basically a test. It's quite simple really.

As far as paying to advance. Definitely not. That would go against our principles.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

I think you misread my post. I am certainly not a mason and based that post from whom I replied to. 'Background checks' to me seems like a full vet of your history, and to do so you would have to acquire authoritative figures to do so...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

So is a person " taught " various things at each level ? Does a person receive a book that they must read and then " be tested on " before moving up to the next level ?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
How does one move up the different degrees in the Masonic Lodge ?

The very first night a new mason attends lodge he will be
given an Entered Apprentice 1st Degree. Upon completing
that degree, he is invested with the secret word of an Entered
Apprentice. He can only attend and enter the lodge when
there is a similar degree. He can not attend a Master Mason's
lodge ceremony. In order to progress to the next degree.
He will be assigned a coach from the lodge who will
assist him in learning just exactly what knowledge he has
been invested with. This is done by the Entered Apprentice
learning a Catacism from his coach. This Catacism has to be
recited in open lodge (from memory) so the members can see that he has
made proficiency in the 1st Degree. Once this occurs, the lodge
will instruct him when to return to the lodge to receive
his next degree. There is no bypassing this Catacism.

I have also herd that some lodges will forgo the learning part and will move a person up in level just as long as the person pays a few to move up in level , is this true ?

it is against Masonic By-Laws to progress a candidate to the next
degree without making proficiency in the prior degree. I have never
had it happen where a candidate paid a fee and went on to the next.
It has never happened in my lodge. You have to make proficiency
in the previous degree by way of the Catacism. If this does happen
and the Grand Lodge finds out, the Lodge's Charter to operate can
be rescinded due to improper irregularities within. If they meet in
that lodge after their Charter is rescinded, then it is a clandestine lodge.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by groomlake9
reply to post by Namaste

I think you misread my post. I am certainly not a mason and based that post from whom I replied to. 'Background checks' to me seems like a full vet of your history, and to do so you would have to acquire authoritative figures to do so...

In some lodges they use an internet based security check. they cost like $20 to use. That would only be used if nobody knew you or had any idea who you were. (in my area) Most people didn't have a squeaky clean childhood so worrying about that time the cops drove you home when you got caught TPing the teachers house isn't going to bar you from masonry, but felonies, or bad misdemeanors will have an affect. You have to be a good person. You know if you are a good person and that will show when you are interviewed.

Learning the memory work isn't hard, but it does take time and dedication. Everything has a reason. It can be the most rewarding thing you ever do.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by groomlake9

I in no way shape or form presumed that you were a Mason. In fact, quite the contrary.

I was trying to clarify what a background check consisted of. Which I did in my post.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I started a thread here on ATS a while ago asking about Masonry and I had more then one person state that they moved up by paying .

I was a bit disappointed to hear that and was kinda put off about locating a lodge in my city .

I thank you for your answer and just perhaps those who answered were either in some strange lodge or were just ling .

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

So is a person " taught " various things at each level ? Does a person receive a book that they must read and then " be tested on " before moving up to the next level ?

Yes, each level has it's own stage of enlightenment.
You receive no book that I am aware of,
this is learned by word of mouth from your
coach and from what you remember from your degree.

A normal man takes approximately 2 months to learn
a Catacism if worked on once a week with his coach.
However I have seen some geniuses get thru it in about
2 weeks. I have seen this happen only twice in 20 years.
Basically it depends on how well you can remember things
presented to you and recite them back as to how fast
you complete this catacism. Once you learn the terminology
(old Bible english) then the next degree catacism goes faster
cuz you are already initiated to how it works. However, the
down side is, every degree's catacism gets harder and harder
cuz there is so much more information you have learned
to reach your enlightenment.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

You also need to understand that there are "Masons" who aren't actually Masons. There are clandestine Lodges(not recognized by Grand Lodge), and also those who were tricked into purchasing "Degrees" on the internet and what have you.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I haven't read the last few posts but it seems noone has yet mentioned of the 30 other degrees of masonry. I think I'm correct in saying there are 33 degrees of masonry and maybe a couple more?

If there are so many degrees then obviously at the top there is something global going on. I mean most presidents of the US were like 32nd - 33rd degree masons. I believe Obama is 33rd or 32 right now and Tony Blair was a 32nd degree too.

I believe that the first 3 degrees of masonry is just basically a good charitable brotherhood wanting to better good men. As they say in their brochure. But as you get higher up you start getting into stuff that the 1st 2nd and 3rd degrees aren't privy to.

That is where I think all the conspiracies come from. But I don't believe that the 1st 2nd and 3rd degrees know about this.

Yes? No?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Baguette

You are correct. For information on the Degrees beyond the 3rd I have provided links.

www.yorkrite.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.scottishrite.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

You are incorrect in asserting that most Presidents have been Masons. We sure wish you were correct, as we might have some real Men leading us; though you are not.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I started a thread here on ATS a while ago asking about Masonry and I had more then one person state that they moved up by paying .

If they did pay to move up then it is not a lodge
sanctioned in the jurisdiction pf where I am
located. I would be leary of joining such a lodge
as this proves that money can buy you what you desire.
And that goes against Masonic Principles.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Baguette

the 3rd degree is the highest degree in masonry. there are apendant bodies like the Scottish rite that go up to 33. 32 is the highest you can do by initiation, and the last one is honorary. Meaning you have to spend a good bit of time and effort helping with the Scottish rite to be given that honor. Some never go through those degrees and are just a much (higher up's) than anybody. Once you learn what masonry is all about, a past master who was a 3rd degree and never went to the SR, would have way more clout than a 32nd degree who had not been master yet. Respect is given based on the person, rank is superficial. But if you are competing to be respected, you have some tough competition. I am continuously humbled by the character of the men I meet in masonry.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by network dude] edit twice for poor spelign.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by network dude]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Now, how can we be called a secret organization
when at least 3 of us have come forth to answer
questions in an open forum regarding the subject?
I would call that pretty transparent wouldn't you??

[edit on 10-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Very Well played Brother. I think all the conspiracy surrounding our Fraternity is quite funny now. I really used to buy into it; but as I am now one I know it to be fallacious. I must say joining the Fraternity taught me a very valuable lesson; Trust half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste

Very Well played Brother. I think all the conspiracy surrounding our Fraternity is quite funny now. I really used to buy into it; but as I am now one I know it to be fallacious. I must say joining the Fraternity taught me a very valuable lesson; Trust half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear.

exactly

spoken like a true traveling man
Pleasure to meet your acquaintance brother

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join