It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a run on American Banks in progress? You be the judge

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
A few things to point out.

1) There isn't enough paper cash in existence to cover all the dollars in electronic accounts. Has been that way for decades. So banks having a lack of cash on a Friday after a 5 day business week is nothing unusual. Especially in April when people are paying taxes or cashing their tax refund checks.

2) The OP fails to take the next logical step and realize that if the collapse comes that he is illogically predicting this weekend, the dollars he took out would be worthless as well.

3) A run on a bank doesn't cause an economic collapse; an economic collapse causes a run on the bank. See anything happen like that this weekend? Didn't happen when banks were collapsing left and right and money market funds 'broke the buck'. Nothing like that now. Some huge catalyst would have to happen for what the OP proposes.

4) I saw the msnbc video and article, and no offense but it is nothing new and contained no bomb shells. Everything in their is known and it's not something catching fire and spreading all over. If the OP didn't know what was stated in the msnbc article, that is due tok their lack of paying attention the last 3 years.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by johnny2127]

lol... OK, allow me to once again emphasize the reasons why I chose to pull my account.

1. it was not because I "suddenly" learned something new about the world I live in via the MSNBC video. The role that MSNBC video played in determining my action is that that video DID reveal something new.

FOR THE FIRST TIME, AN ACTUAL MAIN STREAM MEDIA ENTITY WAS MAKING THIS INFORMATION PUBLIC... INFORMATION FORMERLY THOUGHT OF AS CONSPIRATOUS INFORMATION ONLY CONCIEVABLE TO AN INSANE MENTALITY.

Now the masses can see that both a MSM entity as well as a legitamate Congressman are backing it - and suddenly the stampede is started... "MMMOOOOO - GET OUT THE WAY ... MMMOOOOOO " (which is what thier intentions were ultimately imho.)

2. My intentions are to liquidate this paper into a tangible series of assets , like I've said now for the third time, that will have the greatest probability of surviving the currency change over that's coming to an economy near you WHY CANT PEOPLE SEE THAT THIS IS - INSTEAD OF A PARANOID ACTION DONE BY ME, AS HAS BEEN INSINUATED, INSTEAD BE A PRUDENT INVESTMENT ALTERNATIVE TO OFFSET AN APPROACHING CHANGE?

That's right people. YES WE CAN... CHANGE IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN... and I'm doing it now, as so should you.

I didn't make any

"predictions"
, and my

"logic"
in what I have done is sounder that the half baked comments a lot of people seem to not care to check in making around here. when they come for that shield you like to lean on while offering discourse to the people on opinionated review, then you'll understand what I mean.

It's all in simple English, really. Why are some people so confused by it?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by townio
That's quite amazing as a story. I think a lot is true in what this man was saying to you, but you have to realize that if the banking system does collapse then even cash will be worthless.

Technically that's true, but for a few days after the complete collapse there will be some who desire cash. There are plenty of dumb people out there who just do not think it is possible for the $ to crumble, and they are the ones who'll take your worthless cash while only seeing the dollar sign and not realizing it's completely useless.

This collapse is inevitable.

A UK Building society yesterday stated that it wouldn't accept counter transactions below a certain amount. They said this is to reduce waiting times. Yeah, because they've always considered that before haven't they?

No one has considered that this might be because the larger number of account holders have less than a certain amount in their account on a day-to-day basis.
If there's a run, ATM's are quickly out of the question.
Limiting counter transaction now will cover them for restrictions later.

They're all starting to move the goal posts in preparation for a run. IMO.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Originally posted by DarkspARCS
hello everyone.

Today was the day to withdraw, I told myself. So I went to my regular U.S. Bank and explained to them my request. The branch manager then took my request and then started in on how great and insoveable U.S. BanCorp was, and yada yada, and how great his trust in it's CEO was yoda yoda and sought to give me every reason why I should keep my money in the bank, where it's safe. Needless to say, I strongly asserted that I wished for cash and not a check.

This isn't the 1930s. No one would bother to make a run on the banks because the FDIC insures up to $250,000 for any particular account. Especially considering the fact that the customers of other banks that failed got all their money back without a problem.

Now, if you were a shareholder in that bank, you would lose all your money. If the guy at the bank claimed he could understand your reasoning, he was lying just to get you out of there.

lol, WOW man. once again, someone else that DID NOT READ THE POST....

allow me to refreshen your attention.

Then he goes on about how all accounts are FDIC insured and I had no need to worry myself over fear mongering....

He then relayed to me about how stable U.S. Bank is, and about his trust and confidence in its CEO, which - as a matter of fact, "even the FDIC has approached us for loans to offset thier debts, that's how solid U.S. Bank is."

ok. a show of hands. Does anyone here see anything wrong with these two statements? ok, you... over there to the right...

Is it because they are telling us that the FDIC is itself in such a dire position that if it did not necessitate an approach to 'borrow' money from the single bank in the entire country that has remained untouchable they themselves would have no money to service the insured accounts?

That's right, you hit it right on the head... AND GUESS WHO'S MONEY THEY WERE SEEKING TO BORROW... HELLOOOOO....

I just stared at him with my mouth open, and asked him if he realised what he just told me. Then without missing a beat I told him," you just relayed to my attention the fact that the FDIC is now so insolvant that they'e now asking private business for loans. Your precious FDIC doesn't have the cash needed to fullfill the obligations they made claim to as an insurer, and how could he in two breaths say one thing about it and then practically assure me of something that in reality no longer has any form of power or position to insure, to argue for the keeping of my money in his bank?

He couldn't at that point answer that question, almost like he never thought of it that way....

I guess you didn't either, huh?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
we're being set-up.

stop let them program you to do what they want you to do

stop the run on banks the thread will just help to accelerate for peace sake

i've just made a thread about that if you don't see what i mean

www.abovetopsecret.com...

if they want collapse, war and civil unrest, our duty is to create peace.

it's fake money anyway.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Paper money? Never mind the paper money. The gold and silver is missing.

Have a listen.

kingworldnews.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS

1) There isn't enough paper cash in existence to cover all the dollars in electronic accounts. Has been that way for decades. So banks having a lack of cash on a Friday after a 5 day business week is nothing unusual. Especially in April when people are paying taxes or cashing their tax refund checks.

2) The OP fails to take the next logical step and realize that if the collapse comes that he is illogically predicting this weekend, the dollars he took out would be worthless as well.

3) A run on a bank doesn't cause an economic collapse; an economic collapse causes a run on the bank. See anything happen like that this weekend? Didn't happen when banks were collapsing left and right and money market funds 'broke the buck'. Nothing like that now. Some huge catalyst would have to happen for what the OP proposes.

4) I saw the msnbc video and article, and no offense but it is nothing new and contained no bomb shells. Everything in their is known and it's not something catching fire and spreading all over. If the OP didn't know what was stated in the msnbc article, that is due tok their lack of paying attention the last 3 years.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by johnny2127]

lol... OK, allow me to once again emphasize the reasons why I chose to pull my account.

1. it was not because I "suddenly" learned something new about the world I live in via the MSNBC video. The role that MSNBC video played in determining my action is that that video DID reveal something new.

FOR THE FIRST TIME, AN ACTUAL MAIN STREAM MEDIA ENTITY WAS MAKING THIS INFORMATION PUBLIC... INFORMATION FORMERLY THOUGHT OF AS CONSPIRATOUS INFORMATION ONLY CONCIEVABLE TO AN INSANE MENTALITY.

Now the masses can see that both a MSM entity as well as a legitamate Congressman are backing it - and suddenly the stampede is started... "MMMOOOOO - GET OUT THE WAY ... MMMOOOOOO " (which is what thier intentions were ultimately imho.)

2. My intentions are to liquidate this paper into a tangible series of assets , like I've said now for the third time, that will have the greatest probability of surviving the currency change over that's coming to an economy near you WHY CANT PEOPLE SEE THAT THIS IS - INSTEAD OF A PARANOID ACTION DONE BY ME, AS HAS BEEN INSINUATED, INSTEAD BE A PRUDENT INVESTMENT ALTERNATIVE TO OFFSET AN APPROACHING CHANGE?

That's right people. YES WE CAN... CHANGE IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN... and I'm doing it now, as so should you.

I didn't make any

"predictions"
, and my

"logic"
in what I have done is sounder that the half baked comments a lot of people seem to not care to check in making around here. when they come for that shield you like to lean on while offering discourse to the people on opinionated review, then you'll understand what I mean.

It's all in simple English, really. Why are some people so confused by it?

We are confused by it because you are stating irrational things and making assertions that no logic or research backs up. You say you told the bank manager about the MSNBC video and that he said he didn't know about it, to which you say something like "ya right." So in other words in your head you think all these bankers know about some dumb MSNBC video and are freaking out about it and covering it up to customers.

You state things about the FDIC not having money which is technically true, but then you neglect to mention that they have a line of credit with the treasury that is unlimited basically. The reason they ask to borrow from banks instead is so the treasury or Fed don't have more power over them. But if need be of course they tap those funds. It's like Fannie or Freddie, technically insolvent but backed by the govt so not in actuality.

Having said all this, the system is far from fixed and very broken still. Sometime in the next 5 years there will most likely be another collapse and that one will be worse. But there is no bank run occurring right now with an impending collapse of the US due to an MSNBC video. Come on, be logical here.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Good on you, getting your money out of there.

I have not had a bank account since 1998, and it changed my life for the better. Everything is cash on the barrel for us. No credit cards either. If I need to buy something on the net, or with a credit card...... a prepaid visa works like a charm.

I will never put my money back into the banking system again. It's a long story but let's just say I got tired of coming up missing $ here and there over a long period of time. And it happened with B of A and WA mutual. Never again!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

This is a nonsense. No, the cash doesn't exist for the most part, but the majority of these payments are made electronically, so the cash doesn't need to be there. Every weekend in every major city cash is lower in the banks but this is solely due to socializing.
More people use cash for buying a round of drinks than use cash to pay a bill.
A shortage of physical cash is caused by routine social events, and by a panic on the security of financial institutions. Almost everything else is done by electronic transfer of digits.

Not so.
I would say that you have a few days to off-load your physical cash for items of worth with the idiot masses who are too dumb and too addicted to cash to be able to give it up so easily.
In our culture the $ (or the £) symbols hold a lot of weight and they are idols to worship for millions of people. People have ridiculous levels of faith and many will simply not believe that the wiping out of the $ is even possible.
You will have time to trade some of that cash for essentials, but only with smaller traders and individuals who are too stupid to know that the cash they're collecting is worthless.
There will be plenty of those about, walking around in a daze, for several days after.

Not true at all.
A run on one major bank causes a series of events. Other banks start to panic and levy restrictions, which causes their customers to panic...
A run on a bank can quite easily cause an economic collapse, in fact, in this day and age it is the most likely catalyst for such a collapse.

The severity would vary depending on the cause and the sequence of events. But considering that more and more people are becoming aware of how fractional reserve banking works, the likelihood of people loosing all trust in their bank is a great deal higher.

A run on a bank CAN cause an economic collapse, and an economic collapse can cause a run on the banks. One is no less likely than the other at this point IMO.

And the vast majority of the sheep out there are ignorant to the facts. They don't even understand what the Federal Reserve is.
This kind of open and blunt discussion, and in such a dramatic manner, on a major news network WILL cause many millions of people (people who previously had no idea just how dire the situation is) to wake up to the FACTS.

You and I may be fully aware of how serious the situation is, but the idiot masses are just that, idiot masses, who need to be told by a talking head on TV what the reality is.

I agree that nothing is certain. And I too would like more evidence that a run is starting before I believe it. But to deny that such is possible, or to supply incorrect reasons for it not to be the case, only makes you seem just as in denial as those proclaiming there's no problem at all.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
What evidence does OP have other than personal opinion? 39 flags for a could be something thread?
Look around do any of you see the tell tale signs of the banking system crashing on Monday? Yes the economy is bad and will eventually collapse but it will be a slow drawn out process so the masses dont see the real truth until the very end.

There is way to much wealth left in the system and they have not bleed it for all it is worth yet this is the simple truth. See it and dont be a doomsday sheep.

ATS is full of what I like to call wanters they want doom and gloom so very badly. The sad part is if you believe this long enough it can become a self fulfilling prophecy. Look around in your life outside of ATS is any one saying the sky is falling? When this happens worry until then see the truth for what it is.

I f I am wrong it does not really matter anyways because the end will be truly around the corner. But I bet I am right heck I even predict I am right lets see who after Monday has a better bating average me or the OP.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
What evidence does OP have other than personal opinion? 39 flags for a could be something thread?
Look around do any of you see the tell tale signs of the banking system crashing on Monday? Yes the economy is bad and will eventually collapse but it will be a slow drawn out process so the masses dont see the real truth until the very end.

I definitely agree.

ATM, there is a lot to suggest that this weekend is no different to any other. And I would want some more concrete, actual evidence before I believe anything.

It does surprise me that so many are so eager to follow and support a thread based on nothing. And, like you, I wonder just how many of those starring and flagging such a thread are only doing so because they love the drama, not because the thread has any relevance at all.

I would love to see the financial system completely fall apart. I won't deny it. I believe we need something like that to move people forward and remove this mentality of ownership, greed and material gain.
IMO consumerism is out of control. Humans are focusing far too much on wealth, status, ownership and power. And this mentalilty is a trap, allowing a select few to control the masses through debt and slavery.
It will take complete economic destruction or a massive global war to remove this damaging mentality. And of the two, the financial collapse is preferable.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well, if I'm right.. you're in Vegas? I don't think it'd be too uncommon for people looking to withdraw large amounts of money, then again.. it's Vegas, why wouldn't banks have the cash on hand. But I on the other hand, never had a good experience with U.S. Bank when I lived in Oregon.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

The best way to hide money.
If you find yourself in a position whereby you have lots of cash that is not in a bank, YOU WILL have to put it safely away somewhere.
The rules are, dont make it easy to find, and dont put it all in one place.
Split it into three parts if one is found your unlucky but still have two parts, its very unlikely that you will lose two parts unless your being followed.
Keep one part with your family split that into three parts and hidden around the house, hide the two parts around the house yourself tell no one not even your wife that it is there, loose lips sink ships.(under loft insulation, floor boards behind walls, inside pages of books,) tell your partner the third part is all you have and keep it in the freezer or some other easy to reach place your wife will keep a good eye on it.
This also creates plausible deniability in the rest of the family if they do not know about the money.

The other 2/3rds
If your car is fitted with an immobilizer and is not in any real danger of being stolen it is a good place to hide money because it is alarmed it will let you know if it is being attacked.
It is also there if for any reason the family has to bail from home in an emergency.
Most cars nowadays have deadlocks which makes it harder, beware though if your airbags are set off on some vehicles the doors unlock.

Burying your cash away from home, this is what i have ALWAYS done too hide ill gotten gains.....
Make sure its water proof, in my case if i was to go to prison for five years i would still want to come back to the money when i got out.
Approach woodland carefully listen to the birds a good indicator that you are on your own is if you disturb birds from the trees, if no birds could be that someone has been through in the recent past.
Walk at least a mile from your vehicle, stop wait and listen for at least 20mins before burying anything, make sure you leave something to remind you of the location a GPS fix is better but if satelites go down youll need something else.
Do this with the other part somewhere else.

People find stuff that has been in the ground for hundreds of years this is testament to how safe it is, providing you and only you know where it is.
Also research an area before burying, do not put it in the ground if the area is of historical interest, metal detectorists live for those moments...
Good Luck and dont worry it will be fine.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

There is way to much wealth left in the system and they have not bleed it for all it is worth yet this is the simple truth. See it and dont be a doomsday sheep.

ATS is full of what I like to call wanters they want doom and gloom so very badly. The sad part is if you believe this long enough it can become a self fulfilling prophecy. Look around in your life outside of ATS is any one saying the sky is falling? When this happens worry until then see the truth for what it is.

I f I am wrong it does not really matter anyways because the end will be truly around the corner. But I bet I am right heck I even predict I am right lets see who after Monday has a better bating average me or the OP.

Howdy ST...

If you will notice in the text of the title to this thread, this is not me saying this is happening, but ATS AS A WHOLE GETTING TOGETHER TO HEAR A TRUE STORY, AND THEN DISCUSS IT TO MAKE A DETERMINATION IN JUDGING WHAT'S HAPPENING...

that's all.

And we have all come to understand all of the possible logistics behind much of what has both been asserted by the PTB publicly, as compared to what that dangerous info will cause the heard to do - STAMPEDE. Please assure me that the sheeple wont be so shocked at to begin to develope a mentality of " I need to go get my money right now!"...

It's already been speculated that a new banking holiday will shortly be upon us - as I've read in another thread on ATS before any of this stuff happened.

Then it was determined that the reason why these banks had no money was because of a new law that came into existance april 1st that limited banks to a certain flow of cash - where any large transaction will inevitably request such several days in advance...

They say that this law was passed to maximise the capital's ability to generate more interest vs. sit and collect dust in a vault. I contend that that law, was passed just in time to limit the amount of cash on hand at a time when the PTB is going to create as many false flags as they can to get the heard to stampede...

Can you see any possibilities here? or is this something you just cant budge on?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
THis news probably won't be good for the banks either:

April 8, 2010

Is Canada's Only Bullion Bank Gold Vault Nearly Empty?

In our last article we detailed how a silver short squeeze could be imminent, due to Andrew Maguire exposing how JP Morgan was able to manipulate down the price of silver on February 5th through naked short selling paper silver that doesn't physically exist. We also discussed how there could now be as much as 100 to 1 leverage in terms of paper gold/silver that trades in comparison to the physical gold/silver backing it.

There are now reports that Lenny Organ, the son of Harvey Organ (who recently testified at the CFTC gold and silver position limit hearings), was able to enter the vault of ScotiaMocatta (Canada's only bullion bank vault) and see that shockingly, it contained roughly 60,000 ounces of silver and gold that he estimated as being worth approximately $100 million. Considering that the Royal Mint of Canada sold over $1 billion worth of gold in 2008 alone and many purchasers choose the convenience of vault storage and a paper certificate over physical delivery, the amount of gold stored in the vault appeared by Lenny to be exceptionally low.

In June of 2007, Morgan Stanley agreed to pay $4.4 million to settle a class-action lawsuit with brokerage clients who bought precious metals and paid storage fees, when in fact it was alleged that Morgan Stanley wasn't physically storing their gold and silver at all. NIA believes we may now have an epidemic of banks selling gold/silver they don't have. If this isn't exposed immediately, it could bring down the world's financial system.

How do we Americans know that the purported U.S. gold reserves of 8,133.5 tonnes still exist in our vaults? The last audit of the U.S. gold reserves was supposed to have taken place in 2005, but according to KPMG LLP, they only audited the mint's fiscal year 2005 financial statements and they never saw any physical gold or even went to Fort Knox. The last real audit of the U.S. gold reserves took place in 1954.

In 1971, the U.S. government defaulted on its gold obligations when it ended the gold standard. If the U.S. couldn't repay the gold it owed to foreigners and was forced to end the gold standard, it's hard for NIA to believe that our gold reserves actually exist. If a publicly traded company is forced to audit its balance sheet annually, it's absurd for the U.S. to have not conducted a true audit of its gold reserves in 56 years.

NIA believes that due to the Federal Reserve's monetary inflation of the past few years, the price of gold should already be well above $2,000 per ounce. We already know that the Federal Reserve's bailout of Bear Stearns was done in part to keep silver prices artificially suppressed. It's not out of the realm of possibility that our country's gold reserves are being secretly sold off in order to suppress gold prices and artificially prop up the U.S. dollar.

In September it was announced that Hong Kong is moving all of its gold reserves from depositories in London to a new facility built under the Hong Kong airport. This was a clear sign that Asian countries no longer trust the western world to manage their gold for them. In our opinion, a COMEX and LBMA default on gold and silver is inevitable as investors around the world wake up and realize that we have a fractional reserve gold and silver system, and begin to demand physical delivery of their precious metals.

This article is from www.inflation.us

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Some additional reading...

and hopefully, some honest ponderance on what's being said, and a honest approach towards heartfelt intention... has it been shown that the banks are raping our economy, and sucking the blood out of America's veins with thier leverage schemes and interest rate tallies? what about the falsification of current numbers?

Who else has heard of this weird banking policy?

I went to the bank to cash a check. The bank cashier said that they can't cash it since it was written from a different bank and I have to have the amount on the check already in my account in order to cash the check--as if I am withdrawing. I said, I have done this so many times before and no one has said this before, and she asked me who let me and said they're violating policy. I said, the manager. He came out and signed it and let me do it and said I can do it because of "the relationship I have with the bank and because we know you" that they let me do it. wtf. I thought on the way home something smart I could've said: "so if I won a million dollars in the lottery, I couldn't cash the check because I didn't already have a million dollars in my account?"

Who else has heard of this banking policy?

Gaming the System: The Corporate Way to Profit In Spite of Statutes or Regulations

When health insurance companies triumphantly announced they had found a loophole which would permit them to deny coverage to children with pre-existing conditions, Jon Stewart asked the right question: why were you looking for loopholes? Why are you screwing over the children? We all know the answer. These companies are in the money-making business, and health insurance is just a sideline operation. Gaming the system is a profit center.

NY Fed Under Geithner Implicated in Lehman Accounting Fraud Allegation

Quite a few observers, including this blogger, have been stunned and frustrated at the refusal to investigate what was almost certain accounting fraud at Lehman. Despite the bankruptcy administrator’s effort to blame the gaping hole in Lehman’s balance sheet on its disorderly collapse, the idea that the firm, which was by its own accounts solvent, would suddenly spring a roughly $130+ billion hole in its $660 billion balance sheet, is simply implausible on its face.

Hey.... if you people want to play with the Devil be my guest lmao.... it's all you baby!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It's pointless too.

You can't run on bank that uses electronic credits.

They are infinite.

They just make up new money outta nowhere.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It surprises and saddens me on the ignorance of a few here.

Should anyone wishes to withdraw their savings, it is not a crime. It is only one's free will and choice. There is enough money in banks to pay out EVERYONE who withdraws the money. Have everyone forgotten what the bailout funds had been for so quickly????

By all means, withdraw all your savings and hoard it up, and then SEE WHAT HAPPENS to the economy. Let me outline it for you on what will happen.

1. ) Banks will close shop. Bank employees, from the CEO to bank security guards become unemployed.

2. ) There will be no capital for investments, no loans avaliable, all expansion ceased.

3. ) Factories, biz owners will be forced to return loans or go into bankruptcy and fire employees with no benefits.

4.) Home owners will have to suffer foreclosure and sleep on the streets.

5.) The craven rich and the bootlicking upper middle classes, who had withdrawn their funds, will be sitting on their hoard carefully. The poor and lower middle classes, whom have no worthy savings in the first place, will have no jobs and starve.

6.) In such situations, responsible govts will have to print more money to replace the supply, resulting in the devaluation of the dollar. Those who still have money will see their holdings lowered in value. $500 for a loaf of bread and see how long those hoarded money will last.

7. ) The poor and the lower middle classes, who have nothing, rather than to starve, will have to do something, and that is to rob, steal and murder. A civilised society regressing back to the jungles.

So go ahead, withdraw your savings, spread rumours and hope for a bank run. For the fun of it, hope for it on a global scale, not just america for those who hate US. Then sit back and watch man killing man. Some just enjoy man killing man, without realizing they too may not live long too. May the last man left alive enjoy what's left of the planet.

What a damn waste with the precious gift of life,......sigh......

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I am a US citizen living overseas, I went to my bank Friday (HSBC) to deposit a pay check for a contract I had done for a US company, and a federal tax refund (IRS is running about 2+ years behind for many here.) The bank accepts USD bank checks, and federal checks, going into a USD account. The clearance time on the bank checks has always been max 30 days, usually 10-15, and a federal check is generally 15 days or less. When I deposited the checks the manager came out and told me that they would accept the bank check but could not guarantee the times posted anymore due to the "current US banking rules and situations". He suggested that I request a wire transfer, which the contracting company had refused to do for IRS (??) reasons. As for the the tax return basically the same story except they have to notify the IRS prior to the transaction or the check won't be processed, and that the check will not clear for 30 to 90 days. I feel for the retirees living on their SS checks, hope they have direct deposit. Note that I have used the this bank for about 15 years and know all of the people that work there so I have no doubt I am getting the real story.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Boy I love your story...

I don't think anything is going to happen on Monday, but the picture of you annoying the professional banker toadie in a new weird way he wasn't used to is priceless...those suited slaves are so empty and lame

[edit on 11-4-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

And my husband was making fun of me because I told him I was out in the desert shooting my uncle's 9mm...."Practicing", I told him...and he laughed, (mostly nervously because even after 10 years marriage, he didn't believe I knew how to shoot a gun.....)

I've even told him we needed to add to our camping gear and get MORE survival type stuff....like water filtering/purifying systems.....guns....GOLD......SILVER.....

My husband calls me a paranoid conspiracy theorist...but I have yet to be wrong thus far in what I have believed about the world that's a comin'......

Peace, Ya'll.....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join