It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a run on American Banks in progress? You be the judge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
No offence but I think this OP is way way way out in left field on this one. I have not heard anything about this until reading it here and I live in a rather large city. I think if something was up at least one person that I have seen it in the past few days would have mentioned it.

Just because a truthful story ran on mainstream media not not mean the apathetic American populace is listening. We will wake up on monday and it will be just another day in the life for Americans now the Greeks on the other hand might be in for some interesting times but we are still fast asleep in America. I have found that most of the conspiracies I read on ATS dont really amount to much in the real world.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
There's no run on the banks. I work at a National City/PNC. You would be surprised at how little money we keep on hand. After all, It does no good collecting dust in the vault. We usually will go up to $5,000 cash no problem, but anymore than that and we have to check to make sure we can swing it. Most days up to $10,000 isnt too much of a problem, but if you catch us on a payday Friday when everyone is coming in cashing their paychecks, we may be a little low. We order/sell cash once a week so thats where the one week notice for large amounts of cash comes from. Sorry, nothing sinister here.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Most people can not count to 4 but they can count to 3. If you do have excess numbers in an account it would be wise to have extra real necessities on hand not only for your own family but for relatives and friends. Water filters, food, ammo, outdoor clothing, etc. are the best items to secure first. Most people just don't get it, even when they watch an alternative news piece that tells them exactly how they are being scammed. They don't know how to not be a slave once their mind looks into that dark corner.

What is the real purpose of money? To me it's an energetic directional tool. It's power is based on our imagination and we are reminded how important it is everyday through the media and entertainment. Politicians stress us out with it on how big a bill they are racking up at the monetary debt buffet and they expect us to pick up the tip as well when they are done gorging themselves. We send our kids to school not to teach them how to think or be creative but to be a participant in this great monopoly game so they can feed it. It's not real, especially in the minds of the elites. What they benefit from is the great distraction. It keeps us chasing our tails, occupied and miserable. It knows nothing of the heart, yet that is the only way to kill this mental web that has been placed upon us.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kissmygrits

You should not try to make money off of the people here; they are way too smart for it. Try your scam elsewhere because nobody here is stupid enough to pay you anything.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hello,
If my bank says they ain't got the cash on hand, I will then ask for gold...

www.goldpriceblog.com...

Where can I buy gold bullion?

Buy gold bullion can be at any bank branch of his confidence. Auctioneers should be viewed with caution, as personal advice in the case of the gold buying is better. Incidentally, it is very good, when we inquired at several banks. The prices for the gold bars are in fact very different from bank to bank, and a comparison you can save a lot of money.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kissmygrits
I do not know if this is the beginning of the Bank Holiday that we are all expecting or just a minor "Dry Run".

In any case< I have been preparing for this for sometime now.
When Israel hits Iran this will be the kick off for the Bank Holiday.

If you see this coming and you can get to the bank before it happens you may be one of the lucky few who can withdraw at least some of your savings.

A good friend of mine is a financial wizzard:
He told me six ways you can get money after the Banks do their Bank Holiday. Providing you do this in the first few days before the Banks and other financial institutions catch on to what you are doing and close the loop holes and by the way a Bank Holiday will include all Banks, Credit Unions Saving & Loans and any other silimilar financial intitution regulated by the FDIC and Federal Government.

It will cost you via pay pay to find out all the 6 ways to recover or use the money up that you have in the bank. You may think of one or two ways but you will not be able to think of all six ways.

I will give you two ways for free right now. If you like what you see give me a lot of stars and I will start up a special website to clue you in. I know I cannot sell you anything on ATS but I think the rules allow me to tell you about it.

Two Free-bees:

If you get caught off guard and the bank is telling you they do not have the cash do the following;

#-1 If you have a checking account for that account, go to the nearest check cashing center, you know, one of those places popping up everywhere that charge 10%- 15% to cash your check and cash a check for as much as they allow. do not worry about having to pay the heavy interest to get your money out, don't forget this is an emergency situation so you must be prepared mentally to act irrational as far being concerned about paying high interest.
It is best if you go down to a check cashing place and find out just FYI what it cost to cash a check and how much interest you will pay and how big of a check they can cash. Each check cashing company is different.

#-2 as soon as you hear about the Bank Holiday, immediately do the check cashing center thing and then go to the nearest large food store and buy at least 90 days worth of food. Sam's ,Costco, Smart & Final or a similar wholesale food store.

Of course there are the obvious things like going to your bank to see what is going on but if it looks like trouble you better beat feet to the check cashing place and go buy the food and fill up on gas, Buying four -five 5 gal, gas cans and filling them up is also a good bet.

#-3,4,5,& 6, are the best things to do that day after you learn that your money is locked up for a week. This Survey is to determine if ATS's are concerned enough to pay for the other (4) ways to reterive you money.
Kissmygrits :

[edit on 10-4-2010 by kissmygrits]

Someone ban this guy

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It seems a little bit wrong to go in and give a teller the third degree about why doesn't the bank have enough funds for a large withdrawal and how would they cover assets etc if there was a run on the bank.

The average teller has no say in how a bank runs or what they do with their money. It seems to be that you are simply trying to cause a run on the bank with this article.

I would be surprised that a run on ANY bank wouldn't be reported by the MSM. I guess we'll find out by Monday if this run is really true.

I can't believe that a bank wouldn't have enough cash to cover a $15,000 or even an $8000 withdrawal - this is small potatoes for any bank branch, and they would be legally required to carry at least a percentage of their deposits by law. Even if they only carried 1% I can't believe that they only had 1.5 million on deposit at that branch, and the requirement is a lot more than 1%.

I'm sorry, until I see some proof of this story I'm calling this one Horse Hockey.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
'Money'/currency is only printed paper.

So while the Federal Reserve will still lend money freely to the government then the treasury will keep on printing it, temporary paper shortages not withstanding.

What if the Federal Reserve decides the US government is no longer solvent &/or credit worthy? It is the Fed that distributes the cash & if they hold out on that . . .

That would make printed paper cash quite valued wouldn't it?

I suspect that is quite unlikely because the Fed & US gov are so closely interwoven, but it is a challenging thought.

I do agree with many people's point that it is the worthiness/soundness of the dollar that is a primary concern if one holds cash in or out of a bank.
Then the question is what do you convert it into? Precious metals/gems? Basic life supplies [the 'alpha' strategy]? Equities/investments/stocks?

My concerns would be (1) if the Fed disses the US government,
or (2) more possibly likely the dollar slides or collapses in value due to things like China, Japan or others cashing in all of their dollars all at once.

So far China is/has-been quite conservative re-adjusting currency imbalances [3-5%/year], for their own concerns.

If you can get large amounts of cash within a week i am not too worried, except about using latex gloves due to how wet the ink still is.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by slank]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
My online banking system is down...

Might be a Romulan trick.

(always wanted to use that line)

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TroyB
I've seen this coming, long back when ALL those smaller banks started going under. Since then I've been stocking up on food, water, seeds and other survival items.

I DO agree, once this thing ramps up, there's gonna be no getting cash out. I also agree CASH by then will be WORTHLESS!!....so, hit the pawn shops and get stocked on gold 'whatever' that you can use for barter once the dust settles in the streets.

May people view this as 'alarmist'....ya know what?...by the time the alarm is actually heard, it's far too late to do anything to save yourself!!

thats exactly my reasoning. lol, I actually understand that i'm pretty much a late draft in the game about to unfold. those that don't care either which way, that's your perogative. I however do care, as I love my family very much, and wan't my Dog big and healthy ... lots of chicken and eggs in that department.

When TSHF, as it has been speculated to do now within the next few weeks, and if you havent converted your tangible cash now into a liquidity that will carry its value over through to the next phaze - you're prety much screwed.

So yeah, go ahead and leave it all in the bank...

By the way, that's the same institution that caused this whole issue to begin with, because people like yourselves were ok to give them your money to play with, and will continue to let them play with it until you're finally so screwed that you've got nothing left but that shade tree to sit under, and beg folks like myself who has cigarettes if I could spare one.

Yeah... don't make it a habit, I'd say.... =)

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS

I keep my cash in a money belt, underneath my Glock 22, which I've been wearing a lot lately. In Nevada, you can wear your gun on your hip, as long as it's exposed.

If you see some 6'2'' 250 lb man walking around looking angry, with a Glock 22 on his hip, are you going to Rob him?

Absolutely. If I am homeless, starving, crazy, etc. Why should I bother trying to do a smash and grab on a liquor store, when I can just grab your gun from behind and take your life savings that you are foolishly carrying on your person? I've heard of armed people that were mugged just for their guns, which can be solded/traded for lots of booze and meth money.

Just because you have a gun on your hip does not make you invincible. If anything it's a big sign saying "I am trying to protect something valuable", which just rings the dinner bell.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

It seems a little bit wrong to go in and give a teller the third degree about why doesn't the bank have enough funds for a large withdrawal and how would they cover assets etc if there was a run on the bank.

I was discussing this with a branch manager, and He was the one that started the 'arguement'... I just wanted my cash. Those are things *HELLO.*... are ya with me?

Those are things that, if you would have read the post, you'd have understood

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I can't believe that a bank wouldn't have enough cash to cover a $15,000 or even an $8000 withdrawal - this is small potatoes for any bank branch, and they would be legally required to carry at least a percentage of their deposits by law. Even if they only carried 1% I can't believe that they only had 1.5 million on deposit at that branch, and the requirement is a lot more than 1%.

I'm sorry, until I see some proof of this story I'm calling this one Horse Hockey.

Thats not true. Our branch rarely keeps more than $50K on hand. There's no point to keep more. There's very little demand for large sums of cash. Large transactions are usually handled with wires or cashiers checks. Its not a great idea to walk around with $10,000 in your pocket. Most banks in my area will flinch at a withdraw request over $10,000, unless your cool with getting a bunch of 10's and 20's. Give us a week to order it with our weekly cash shipment and we'll get you whatever you need.

We have one guy that orders $2,000 in half dollars each week. He goes through them looking for silver ones. Those boxes are heavy.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by slt63366]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

God help me, I'm going to quote Episode I here (sigh); "I don't want this stunted slime in my sight again."

Seriously dude, trying to milk ATSers? Pick your audience more carefully next time. I hear Explorer's beautiful this time of year...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer

I keep my cash in a money belt, underneath my Glock 22, which I've been wearing a lot lately. In Nevada, you can wear your gun on your hip, as long as it's exposed.

If you see some 6'2'' 250 lb man walking around looking angry, with a Glock 22 on his hip, are you going to Rob him?

Absolutely. If I am homeless, starving, crazy, etc. Why should I bother trying to do a smash and grab on a liquor store, when I can just grab your gun from behind and take your life savings that you are foolishly carrying on your person? I've heard of armed people that were mugged just for their guns, which can be solded/traded for lots of booze and meth money.

Just because you have a gun on your hip does not make you invincible. If anything it's a big sign saying "I am trying to protect something valuable", which just rings the dinner bell.

Then again my friend. Maybe it's intended as an invitation, ever thought of it that way?. =)

I actually think that some folks view the world from the top of a tin can....

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112

God help me, I'm going to quote Episode I here (sigh); "I don't want this stunted slime in my sight again."

Seriously dude, trying to milk ATSers? Pick your audience more carefully next time. I hear Explorer's beautiful this time of year...

NO.NO.NO...MESA LOVE YOO. MESA YOUR HUMBLE SERVANT!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/780b07a75eba.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I noticed something listening to the video: "last 18 months of the Bush administration". How old is it? If it was a current video, wouldn't they have said Obama administration?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Can anyone else hear the desperate hope in the OP just wishing that a big run on banks happen and the "SHTF" (I personally hate this term...and find it funny because it is so overused here). OP...admit it...you WANT this to happen...for what reasons...I don't know...either to say you were right...or just to have some excitement in your life....I don't know.

Paranoia and delusions of grandeur are medical conditions...not conspiracies.

Seriously...you are basing a NATIONAL or possibly a GLOBAL bank run / economic collapse based on 3 of YOUR LOCAL BANKS??? Most banks have limits on how much you can withdraw...because of the small amounts of cash they keep (and have said many many times already). I could go into 100 banks and ask to withdraw a very large amount and would be denied...doesn't mean they are out of money. There is no run on banks going on...today I withdrew the maximum amount that is allowed by my local bank...had no problems...did it through the drive thru...bank wasn't even busy. So there...I have as much "evidence" as you do that there is not a bank run in progress.

I love ATS...but sometimes it is way too out of touch of reality for me.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

hello everyone.

Today was the day to withdraw, I told myself. So I went to my regular U.S. Bank and explained to them my request. The branch manager then took my request and then started in on how great and insoveable U.S. BanCorp was, and yada yada, and how great his trust in it's CEO was yoda yoda and sought to give me every reason why I should keep my money in the bank, where it's safe. Needless to say, I strongly asserted that I wished for cash and not a check.

This isn't the 1930s. No one would bother to make a run on the banks because the FDIC insures up to $250,000 for any particular account. Especially considering the fact that the customers of other banks that failed got all their money back without a problem.

Now, if you were a shareholder in that bank, you would lose all your money. If the guy at the bank claimed he could understand your reasoning, he was lying just to get you out of there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join