It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien-gods and Atlantean warriors in Meso-American civilizations.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Don't sweat it, Rex.

The guy is too invested in the ignorant idea of ancient astronauts to allow for any disagreement with his sacred cow thesis.

Airheads come to ATS not expecting anything resembling logical thought or reasoned argument. They are looking for the online equivalent of a room full of bobblehead figurines.

He even went as far as to criticize you for holding an opinion (and stating it) while simultaneously claiming you were criticizing him for holding an opinion!

Such people cannot be helped back into the real world. If they want to return, they must do so on their own.

Harte

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Such people cannot be helped back into the real world.

If you mean me? Then you getting the wrong idea, i am enthusiastic on this subject so i can go of on one. However i wont back down on what i was trying to show between the thrusters in the pictures because its to much quincidence, so i came to MY conclusion.

Did you know there were fairies and unicorns before the universe?
I got no evidence to support my claim but we will never find out, so we come up with theories, just like the big bang theory.

However my theory of the thrusters were logic due to it being VERY similar looking.

Why argue?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Don't sweat it, Rex.

The guy is too invested in the ignorant idea of ancient astronauts to allow for any disagreement with his sacred cow thesis.

He even went as far as to criticize you for holding an opinion (and stating it) while simultaneously claiming you were criticizing him for holding an opinion!

Oh, I'm not sweating it. People like Jonny are entertaining if anything. The person he was quoting was upset that I asked for evidence to back up claims, calling it "venom". He's equivocating, attempting to protect himself from being challenged.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
However i wont back down on what i was trying to show between the thrusters in the pictures because its to much quincidence, so i came to MY conclusion.

Okay, everyone back away. Because that's his conclusion, we cannot challenge or question it. No need for discussion or debate, just nod your head and move along. This is an agreement-only zone.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Doomsdayrex when you say 'shallow thought process', your a hypocrit.

If you can't see what am getting at, that they both resemble thrusters you are the one with a 'shallow thought process' because people would agree with what am getting at.

Oh to be honest i can't be arsed with people like you, who only come on to challenge others. I ignore these type of people because i know their sole purpose and thats to please themselves and thats why am defending myself from you because i don't like your type getting what they want from others. I only accept criticism from those who are of a balanced nature.

That is my only reason for even replying to you. I shall add you to my ignore list, where your type belong.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Doomsdayrex when you say 'shallow thought process', your a hypocrit.

If you can't see what am getting at, that they both resemble thrusters you are the one with a 'shallow thought process' because people would agree with what am getting at.

I know exactly what you are getting at and yes, it is a shallow thought process. You think it is proof of ancient knowledge of space-flight for the simple reason you think it resembles a rocket. You haven't gone beyond the most superficial and shallow level. That is the totality of your rationale for this "proof".

But what else can you tell me about the artifact? Where did it come from? Is there anything else from the culture that produced it that supports your idea it is a rocket? What is the mainstream archaeological understanding of it?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Anyone taking an objective look at this does have to question what role race plays. The questioning of Stonehenge or Coral Castle is not the same as the total questioning of South American culture among ancient astronaut believers. Questions about Coral Castle are not so much built on the race of Edward Leedslaknin, but rather on how just one man pulled off the feat. While questioning of Stonehenge is built on the same idea as many ancient astronaut beliefs (the people were too primitive to accomplish it themselves), in contrast to the cultures of South America, Europe is spared from questioning of it's accomplishments in most part.

Consider Teotihuacan. It was contemporaneous to the Roman and Parthian Empires. There are no question that Rome or Parthia (Hellenized Persians) built their empires and wonders on their own. Yet among the ancient astronaut believers, the questioning of Teotihuacan is widespread. Why is that? Is there any other reason than ancient astronaut theories are built upon a cultural bigotry?

I understand your anger, and frustration, when you put it that way. But, as far as I have always looked at it, it was not that certain races couldn't build wonders. It has always been the overall advancement of the culture.

We know that in North and South America, the native Indian cultures were completely different from Europe, and the Mediterranean, mainly because of their complete lack of a monotheistic religion (not entirely true, as some North American tribes worshipped the Great Spirit, a semi-monotheistic "deity"). So, these areas were spared the eventual domination of Christian theology, and the suppression of thought.

We know that they knew of the wheel, and other technology, but chose not to exploit them. Why? Purely cultural. They had an affinity with nature, and chose not to exploit it as Europeans did. Thus, it makes it more amazing, since their advancements in metallurgy, etc., were not advanced. They didn't need to be, for their society to flourish.

That being said, is it not interesting that the more we look into the technology of the Greeks (most notably war machinery) , that we find that it was at times more advanced than Europe in the Dark Ages? So, you actually get a reversal of technology, in Europe, during this time. And, remember that all of this technology can be traced back to Sumeria, along an interesting line of progression. It is where civilization sprang from the chaos of pre-history.

I think that if there were aliens of some kind, and they taught man civilization, which sprang forth in Sumeria, that it would not nullify what came afterward. Not all of the ancient wonders of the world would have to be built by aliens. But, I think many people look at Stonehenge, Puma Punku, Baalbek, and say, "How was this possible?!"

I should say that if an explanation came, and showed that humans could build these wonders with stone tools, then I would be the first to say that it is a wondrous thing. But, having seen these places, especially Baalbek, it is very hard to imagine how it was possible.

If there was someplace like Baalbek in Europe, it would be the same. I think the age of some of the wonders of the world is also questionable, in a lot of instances. I think these places of wonder are much older than modern science says, and could have been built before humans even inhabited the planet.

I do not know, and I do not say that I know that the ancient astronaut theory is the end all, be all, of theories. We can never know, but it is an interesting theory, and there should not be anything bad about wanting to explore this line of thought. We should be open to all things, just as I am open to your anger at cheapening the wonders of the Americas, and Africa.

I do not wish to do this, please understand. I merely look at these places, and it amazes me. It is hard to think that any humans could build some of them, no matter their race.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Yog-Sothoth]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The Aliens landed in IRAN EAST ALL THE WAY TO THE BORDER AND MIDDLE. They mixed with humans.... 4000 5000 years ago my guess for now.... and you could be part alien...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Yog-Sothoth

Correct, and I can agree with you on what you said. To be honest with you I never looked into the Sumerians because usually when you hear about them in connecting it with history, the just brush over their civilization like they where a little polity on the road to greatness. But after signing up for this site and actually going to a thread about Sumeria, I was shocked to how much they did and how advanced they where and how we use the base 60 for time. And what stuck out About them is when I read up on the flood myth that is almost world wide in all cultures. But the bible/hebrew flood myth that we all know today was taken from the Sumerian flood myth back at least 1700 years ago and it was legend back then. The Hebrew one they think was written between 1450 to 450 BCE, I will post the wiki link to the Deluge myth and you will see that the bible may have gotten not from Sumeria first hand but from the Babylonians. Why don't history even dive into this common deluge myth and/or the don't say that the bible may have gotten it from the Sumerians the first (who's actually is dated from the written tablet to 1700 years old) or throught he Babylonians. It's because they may be afraid of being forced to play by their own rules.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you agree with the sumerian legend of the flooding, then you may have to agree with the other things that where written down. And much of that talks about beings from the stars and such, essentially aliens of some type. Baalbek I never heard of the place until someone made comment about it on one of these threads months ago. They showed a picture of the stone of the pregnant woman, which is said to be at least 1200 tons. It's amazing that this thing lasted so long, but looking at it's size people didn't know what to do with this thing so they left it, and thats the key. If the Romans did build the whole complex and large stones (they didn't, they built their temple on top of the platform that these big stones where put together to form), why leave this thing sitting right out as an eyesore to this temple. If they where "easily" able to move it, then they could have moved it back to the quarry or cut it down to useful pieces. They didn't because THEY DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO MOVE IT AND WAS IN AWE TO HOW BIG IT WAS AND THE PLATFORM. It's three things that make the Pyramids, Baalbek and Puma Punku an impossibility using the theories that MS scientists say how it was done. Logistics, Vanity and Human Nature. Logistics because if it was done over a set time (pyramids supposedly 20 years) or with certain techniques, then you would have to explain how like the pyramids they where able to place one 3 to 5 ton stones of the 2 million used (not including the massive stones inside or casing stones) 1 block every 3 minutes 24 hours a day 7 days a week. And then Vanity, leaders big men at that time and even this time to (Egyptian pharaohs did it all the time) would make something there's by putting their "tag" or markings on it and proclaiming it theirs, that is why the blocks compared to the Romans to the much older larger blocks are totally different. And then human nature. My friend was a history major and got his Masters (working on his PHD) in European history. He told me that back in they day when you made treaties and such or payed to keep "barbarians" from attacking your territories, the leaders of the attackers state would think "if I can get this from them wanting peace, I can get more from sacking the city or countryside, because he is weak". You think it was possible to get these individuals to continue to work for years on end moving these massive blocks just for this man behind the curtain. Eventually a coup would have been launched and no more building or stacking massive blocks.

By the way, if any skeptic can tell me how they where able to cut the massive Baalbek stone from the base of the quarry I would like to know.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Make more threads like this, they are just freeken amazing. Words can't be used to describe how interested and curious i am with this subject, especially when it comes to humanoids from another planet!

By the way I S&F'ed. .

Look at this...

look at the bottom of the rocket, now look at that image of the engine provided in the OP.

Exactly the same engine! This proves all the stone carvings are based on real objects.

Thanks for that pic, I totally forgot about the suited man in the air/space vehicle. Do you have pics of it from the back, every pic I have seen was from the same side you are showing. Also as I stated before that metal assembly (If anybody knows where the link is to that I could research it) looks so much like a thruster assembly of some type. And for that guy who said that an alien species using something that is so low tech, is relative. If you and me went back 1,000 years and landed in a helicopter they would be in awe and shock especially if it was during the BC's. Anyway, we don't know how the cross from star to star or if they had the Star Trek technology that many think aliens should have. Do you remember the alien invasion movie Signs with Mel Gibson. This species had a way to get from star to star, but they didn't have laser or teleportation, it was almost as if they where had their trick pony of faster than light or close to it and didn't go any further.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

By the way, if any skeptic can tell me how they where able to cut the massive Baalbek stone from the base of the quarry I would like to know.

I'd imagine they used the same quarrying techniques used by their predecessors...Egyptians, Greeks, Sumerians etc. These same techniques would be used for hundreds more years too.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

Make more threads like this, they are just freeken amazing. Words can't be used to describe how interested and curious i am with this subject, especially when it comes to humanoids from another planet!

By the way I S&F'ed. .

Look at this...

look at the bottom of the rocket, now look at that image of the engine provided in the OP.

Exactly the same engine! This proves all the stone carvings are based on real objects.

Thanks for that pic, I totally forgot about the suited man in the air/space vehicle. Do you have pics of it from the back, every pic I have seen was from the same side you are showing. Also as I stated before that metal assembly (If anybody knows where the link is to that I could research it) looks so much like a thruster assembly of some type. And for that guy who said that an alien species using something that is so low tech, is relative. If you and me went back 1,000 years and landed in a helicopter they would be in awe and shock especially if it was during the BC's. Anyway, we don't know how the cross from star to star or if they had the Star Trek technology that many think aliens should have. Do you remember the alien invasion movie Signs with Mel Gibson. This species had a way to get from star to star, but they didn't have laser or teleportation, it was almost as if they where had their trick pony of faster than light or close to it and didn't go any further.

Found several angled pictures.

earthsbanner.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
WOW 14 pages most of which seems to be people fighting -

We will always have different views and opinions, discuss them dont force them.
This is only my opinion and i by no means think i am correct this is just my take on this.

The thing that got me is in the 1st youtube link, around the 4th or 5th video it explains that back in the days of WW2 the US used remote islands as bases and interacted with the local natives. They then (obviously not understanding why the US and these huge planes were there) ended up worshipping these air craft even to the point of trying to tempt them back (for cargo...tinned corned beef to be exact lol)

IMO it seems more plausible for a race or civilisation more advanced to have visited / passed by at that time rather than alien astronauts, though you can never rule it out.

But then does that open the door for the old Atlantis theories? How thousands of years ago did man fly?

If there wasn’t aliens flying around getting worshipped it was most definitely a more advanced race who probably liked getting treated as gods and stayed for a while, then left for whatever reason (like the fall of Rome, war in homelands, death of ruler etc...)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I love how jerkholes come in a start bashing up peoples opinions or theories about a subject that cannot be proven or disproven and have the nerve to act like they somehow possess some sort of higher intellect and reasoning beyond others whom they consider bobbleheads.
Personally if you dont agree with the subject then say so and move on. State what you feel is right but to slam others is just stupid since anyones idea could have merit. For all we know god is a furry rabbit flying around in space and aliens are friends of his from facebook.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Wow, a lot of research and investigating went into producing that concrete conclusion!

Don't want to be rude, but why would space aliens travel with such primitive technology? That is what you're implying correct? That these people modeled this 'rocket' from something they saw? I almost find it disrespectful to those people, have you investigated their heritage and their belief system? Maybe that object has something to do with their dogmas and just coincidentally happens to barely resemble a C20 rocket.

Let me know if you write a book so I don't buy it accidentally.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Good stuff here ,, I can dig it ...

Isn't the whole christian concept based on the worship of " those who came from the sky"? God/Elohim ?

A thought, and just a thought on the 'device' being depicted in the hands of the 'wise men' ... If you are coming to Earth and you are going to be erecting great structures. The smartest thing to bring would be some sort of density equipment. You wouldnt want your structures falling into a giant sinkhole. That would suck!

~peace

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

If you agree with the sumerian legend of the flooding, then you may have to agree with the other things that where written down. And much of that talks about beings from the stars and such, essentially aliens of some type.

I agree with you that the Sumerians were an incredible civilization.

But they weren't as incredible as you claim above.

The Sumerians never mentioned anything about beings from the stars.

You have been misled.

Harte

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I was enthusiastic, please give it a rest.

I can edit my post if it makes you happy?

I love how jerkholes come in a start bashing up peoples opinions or theories about a subject that cannot be proven or disproven and have the nerve to act like they somehow possess some sort of higher intellect and reasoning beyond others whom they consider bobbleheads.
Personally if you dont agree with the subject then say so and move on. State what you feel is right but to slam others is just stupid since anyones idea could have merit. For all we know god is a furry rabbit flying around in space and aliens are friends of his from facebook.

Exactly what he said.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Can you tell us why it would have been impossible for the Romans to have constructed the temples at Baalbek? Can you tell us why archaeologists and historians are wrong, despite all the supporting evidence?

The Romans worked quarries and used the stones to construct their palaces, temples, roads and other buildings. Why would it have been impossible for them to cut one particular stone just because it was big?

Have you examined it any further? In fact, that is a question I have for everyone here. Have you bothered examining history or archaeology beyond what ancient astronaut writers have told you?

[edit on 14-4-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

reply to post by serbsta

I was enthusiastic, please give it a rest.

I can edit my post if it makes you happy?

Can't really read emotion over the internet, sorry about that.

The problem with threads like these, starting right from the OP which is completely defunct of any logical thinking and continuing throughout with posts simply stating how much they are in awe of the information that has been presented, is that fundamental errors are platformed of which only greater fallacies can be added on. This is the real dis info. I'm sure you can understand how one can not only find this annoying but counter progressive (if ones aim is to be educated).

Cheers.

[edit on 14/4/2010 by serbsta]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join