It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien-gods and Atlantean warriors in Meso-American civilizations.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

You would be surprised at what I have on my PDA.

Great OP S&F

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'm not debunking this, but if they did 'invade' so to speak, why then? Why there? What was the purpose of it? What was to gain from it, from both parties? It seems all very strange, and well, unxplained...

Even if aliens were to invade right at this moment, I'd still be asking why. But then again, I'm a little paranoid, I'm still waiting for something internationally major to happen.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDeath
Aliens with godtech, worshipped as gods.

I've seen programs/documentaries about these things and I can't be more fascinated about than anything else. Records of other civilizations! Whatever and However one would put it, if only you could resurrect the ancient artists of that time and ask them to draw a laser gun or a saucer, i bet you they wouldn't have a clue what you are saying. I believe that if they saw something amazing, they will draw it up, recording it in history to come.

It's just a shame that all this time, all this time, that most are still skeptical whether alien life does exist. Just how long has it been? B.C.? A.D.? Maybe even before B.C.! Yet, ancient records/sculptures/stone art/writings/etc, only says "wild imagination" to those skeptical on the subject.

This makes me wonder about our young, space faring race, "How on earth did the human species ever get past the debate on the earth being flat!"

the sadist thing is we had a great library ( the library of congress of the time ) ! at the time of the ancients

that library that i am talking about is the Library of Alexandra
that was burned down buy the roman emperor and still stood until the last

Destruction of the Library

Ancient and modern sources identify four possible occasions for the partial or complete destruction of the Library of Alexandria:

1. Julius Caesar's Fire in The Alexandrian War, in 48 BC
2. The attack of Aurelian in the third century AD;
3. The decree of Theophilus in AD 391;
4. The Muslim conquest in AD 642 or thereafter.

The ancient maps(even Ancient 2000years+ at his time) that Piri Reis used to make his map was claimed to be from the Library of Alexandria

the Source en.wikipedia.org...

Just Imagine what KNOWLEDGE treasure's were in that Library and it was also used as a Research Laboratory

Destroyed all because of fear of loss Control to rule and Religion

From one perspective, the number of charts and mappae mundi used by Piri equals 20,[15][20][21] while in the other, it could mean a total of 34.[22][23][24][25] Some[who?] have claimed that the source maps were found in the ancient Library of Alexandria, based on Piri's allusions to Alexander the Great, the founder of Alexandria, Ptolemy I, who ruled Alexandria in the 4th century BCE, and Claudius Ptolemy, the Greek geographer and cartographer who lived in Alexandria during the second century CE

The Library of Alexandria
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
reply to post by ChemBreather

Some say those Planes are just made up and can not be planes, because there are Faces on them, well, Fighter planes have faces painted on them, just look at our fighter jets just some 20 years ago, the Phantom usually had Teeth on the noses etc...

I have another theory. IMHO the "faces" of the aircrafts may be their cockpit with odd windows and the mouth could be some air scoop. No big deal, but I think the fact that serpents were associated with Quetzalcoatl may have something to do with those weird snake-like UFOs usually seen in Mexico. I don't if they are probes, or some crazy piloted alien machine or something, but also reminds me the "flying dragons" seen in ancient China.

And why those ancient aliens couldn't simply have some sense of customization, each painting all his own craft so they all looked different and personal in the end?

I don't find that a single bit hard to accept. One thing I don't question... they've been here.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet
There was also this other place with blocks of stone/rock which were precisely cut like if done by laser and which are very heavy...and scientists weren't able to replicate them with todays technology! Forgot their name...but their famous. Still, great thread, starred! I know it's true they were here...I just wish it was commonly known and we knew all the details regarding this. BTW, I wanted to ask you a long time ago - from which movie is your avatar?

Machu Picchu in Peru?

If so they stone walls in there are so perfectly fit that even water can't pass.

One interesting thing about there is that remains of boats and sea shells were found on the top of the mountains. So argue that by the time Machu Picchu was constructed it wasn't over a mountain but at sea level by the beach.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Arkady

If you believe this ancient astronaut theory then what ideas do you have regarding why they left and where they went?

Hmmmm, according to Zecharia Sitchin, the Anunnaki got bored of so many wars they created that they left Earth. Also he claims that their biological clock was messed up and they were getting older faster than in their original planet and also getting sick. But I don't think the Anunnaki were the only alien race living on Earth in ancient time. I think that are still small groups of ancient alien races living in underground bases, probably also in Mars... There's an entire alien civilization living under the Tibet mountains. That's why Chinese government keep military over there and torture monks, 'cos they know where is the entrance to such bases, but they prefer to die before say something.

Nothing to add, you just saved me a few lines.

Some say there is also a entry to this underground civilization in Brazil at "Serra do Roncador". And it seems that some locals of that region often see both the Brazilian Army and USAF entering specific caves with black crates that don't come out.

The same locals don't dare to enter these caves because according to them they are haunted.

There is some reading about these on the internet but mostly in Portuguese with the help of google translator.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat

their gadgets probably had the data bank of all galactic alignments, cataclysms, wormhole coordinates, stargate maps, DNA maps of 345 races from 35 different galaxies... you know, stuffs like that...

Probably not, such an advanced race would have to have some basic tech like wireless network
. Them holding those "gadgets" in their hands indicates it's probably something of importance. I can't imagine why would such a race have one hand busy all the time. Perhaps it's a gift, or just a bucket of foods for whatever purpose, something for us humans and not for themselves.

If it's to imagine I would say it's something to hold their bodies on our frequency level. By releasing that they would tune into a difference frequency becoming ethereal for us humans.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ram
sorry for posting your pic but.....

I just thought - The small steps for small humans - and the big ones for giants..
could be - dunno.

S&F

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Ram]

It's amazing. I always looked at those as landing places but never even considered the outer steps being for giants, good thinking.

Now we just need to do some math and find the height a being should have to use those as steps. If that height matches the one from the statues that are allegedly 1:1 that consequently matches the info on Genesis than we have basically a pretty acceptable proof for any reasonable person.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I'm not "probably" right, I'm absolutely right.

My problem is that people like the OP pretend to know more about these cultures than REAL archaeologists, yet doesn't even know where they were geographically.

A handful of hours of internet research doesn't compare to what real scholars have put into it. Period.

[edit on 4/10/2010 by yadda333]

I've noticed that mistake and didn't even bothered. Most Americans don't even know there is something outside the US borders so I'm fine with a mistake like that in a post where the tone isn't set in way to sound scholar like. At least I don't read it as a thesis or the likes, but more as something along the lines "Look what I've found and what I think!".

And I have to say that even with all of you persistent attempts do discredit the original post you couldn't provide a single line to explain the similarities between the three complete distinct civilizations. A mere coincidence?

Scholars would probably say purses were a trend by that time and every decent human around the globe had their Prada purses with the at all times.

With that said I do agree that archeologists do deserve their credits but they are not GODs of wisdom and most simply formulate their theories/work over a pre-existent belief system. So yes... they could be all very wrong regarding everything that is said about ancient civilizations.

Besides archeologists just like Darwinism have a incredible tendency to overlook, entirely neglect or simply dismiss anything that doesn't really fit in their puzzles.

Pre-conceived ideas is both what makes humanity move forward and prevents it from moving forward at the same time.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by serbsta

Are you asking about the sarcophagus lid? That's genuine. It portrays him and the tree of life as he descends to the underworld...at least that's what scholars of Mayan culture have translated from the lid...the guys that do it for a living. God only knows how Daniken saw a spaceship?

If you're asking about the decorative artwork being claimed as an exhaust pipe...it's doubtful imo. It's an unsourced 70s image in one of Ucalien's links

Haha!

That lid is indeed tricky. The thing is that most people look at pictures of it horizontally while the darn thing is to be looked vertically, something that completely changes the tone from "spaceship" to "tree of life".

Personally even though I believe in ancient astronauts (aliens) I don't see that lid a depiction of spaceship of any kind.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

The OP was hogwash and knows it. Very little of the 'narrative' holds water and all points can be explained without recourse to aliens. The good thing about the OP is that it collected most of the strands of the alien astronaut BS in one place and illustrated it too.

Despite knowing it's fantasy, there's a place for this kind of stuff. Nearly 200 flags shows there's an interest...a market for it. Quite a few of the 200 members (-1 cos I flagged it too) will learn some critical thinking through stories like this. It all unravels when picked at, but there's a lot to be learned while picking.

For people like me and *some* of the other skeptics, it's a difficult line we walk. On one hand we present facts and 'deny ignorance,' on the other hand we don't want people to lose their imaginations. Most of us once believed half the stuff in the OP and understand the attractions. /Soliloquy

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

reply to post by serbsta

Hey mate. Not talking about Pacal's lid, definitely know that's genuine. Talking about the artifact the OP posted.

The artifact is a decontextualised holiday snap from I'd guess the 70s due to the graininess. It's what I'd call a 'random.' No source. It could be a decorative chiminea or municipal artwork.

What leads me to be dismissive of the object is the incestuous nature of the alien astronauts fraternity...they all fish in the same small pool. With the exception of the LHC connection (genius!) there isn't an image or detail that hasn't been used before...except the one we're talking about.

I know ancient astronauts is a subject you are keen on and one I dispute, but in this case I think we can agree that the object in the image could be anything from anywhere at any time. Essentially meaningless.

Guys, let's be honest... who in the hell thinks aliens that were already able to travel trough space centuries or millenniums ago just like we cross the street today would use combustion exhaustion engines that require parts like that?

Personally if they are real I really doubt their tech would be so primitive to point of being mistaken for something trivial and displayed at the center of a plaza.

Still, I think it wouldn't hurt to know where that photo came from just to find out what exactly that darn thing is and from and from what time.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Outlawstar

Did you guys ever heard of Google Translate?

translate.google.com...

Nowadays unless a text is embed into a image, flash, video, pdf file or some other exotic format saying "I can't read language X" shouldn't be excuse. I understand that automatic web translations are not the best but they are more then sufficient to allow you to get an idea.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

reply to post by thomas_

The OP was hogwash and knows it. Very little of the 'narrative' holds water and all points can be explained without recourse to aliens. The good thing about the OP is that it collected most of the strands of the alien astronaut BS in one place and illustrated it too.

Despite knowing it's fantasy, there's a place for this kind of stuff. Nearly 200 flags shows there's an interest...a market for it. Quite a few of the 200 members (-1 cos I flagged it too) will learn some critical thinking through stories like this. It all unravels when picked at, but there's a lot to be learned while picking.

For people like me and *some* of the other skeptics, it's a difficult line we walk. On one hand we present facts and 'deny ignorance,' on the other hand we don't want people to lose their imaginations. Most of us once believed half the stuff in the OP and understand the attractions. /Soliloquy

Kandinsky I agree that resorting to an alien hypothesis is rash, but to discount it so thoroughly.........just as rash.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Phoenicians were around South America for sure (there are Phoenician's stone carvings in Brazil), so they could also very well be around Central America. And since snakes, birds of prey and certain insects has symbolic meanings and were shared by many cultures I don't find it impossible to believe that they could also be the ones that set their feet in there.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_

Phoenicians were around South America for sure (there are Phoenician's stone carvings in Brazil), so they could also very well be around Central America. And since snakes, birds of prey and certain insects has symbolic meanings and were shared by many cultures I don't find it impossible to believe that they could also be the ones that set their feet in there.

I didint realize there were Phoenician stone carvings in SA, you got any links to this info?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by sv_gravity 800
The small steps are for us humans and the negros.

The big steps are for all the Giants.

SV Gravity, I hate to tell you but your racism is showing.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

#%$#%!

Did we went back in time?

I'm green and I'm feeling in the XVI century now.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Here is the first one I could find.

www.viewzone.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
If you believe this ancient astronaut theory then what ideas do you have regarding why they left and where they went?

Who says they went anywhere?

Think about it. If they appeared to be godlike to us thousands of years ago, why should they appear any less today? Do you think that their technology would cease to advance with time, or that it would advance just as fast as ours does?

They may have ways to avoid detection, quetly running our society from the shadows, knowing that due to our own advances, we may now see through their tech, so that the "God" angle no longer works. They could even be the beings driving all of the UFOs that are constantly being sighted.

With technology as advanced as theirs must be now, the possibilities are endless.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

None of your video's or photo's show anything of relevence to this thread. Are we missing something? They are all just blurred images put together into sequences claiming dead aliens but I can't see anything like that.

Surely I am not the only one who clicked your links and thought "WTF?"

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join