It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Art Hidden Code

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
As getreadyallready mentioned, most Masons could explain the symbols on Washington's apron rather easily. The second picture does not look overly Masonic to me but there may be symbols on it that are incorporated into parts of the ritual.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, I'd agree that the second drawing is from the enlightenment era, but not overtly Masonic in any way that I can see.

The sun (on the left) casting light on the earth, lighting up the darkness of (Plato's?) caves; being projected through a telescope onto paper; reflecting off the moon (on the right) and bouncing back to another part of the earth.

I like the all-seeing-eye of God writing the "ratio" meaning "thought" or "reason" in the upper right. The light cast through the telescope and landing on paper is labeled "sensus", meaning "perception" or "reason".

I'm not familiar with "avotoritas sacra" and "avotoritas profana". But clearly it's something sacred in the heavens and "profane" on the earth; the word "profane" meaning "outside the temple"... not an insult, but in this case I think referring to the celestial and the terrestrial. Don't know what "avotoritas" means, or if I'm even reading that correctly...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Did some more searching and came across this ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c55d5d492456.gif[/atsimg]

1. RED symbolizes courage, zeal, the blood of life, and fire. It is the color of Royal Arch Masonry.
2. WHITE has throughout the ages represented purity and innocence.
3. BLUE has been esteemed since antiquity as a beneficent color, denoting immortality, eternity, chastity and fidelity. It is the color of Symbolic Masonry, "the Blue Lodge."

www.pagrandlodge.org...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I also found out a bit more info on the second pic , please correct me if I am wrong ..

It would seem that the second picture is in some way related to the Ars Magna , (Latin: "The Great Art") .

I will do some more searching later and see if I can find out if this connection is in fact true .

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

That is a pretty good understanding of all of the symbols and picture son the apron and the apron itself. But what does it mean? Why do we use those symbols and not others? So you know the symbols and what they mean now...now what? I find it interesting that even Masons who look at these symbols that we are surrounded by and ask them self what they really mean. I mean anyone can look in the cipher to see what they mean in relation to the craft, but what do they mean to you? Are these symbols, lozenges, and pictures just there to explain the morals and teachings of our craft? sure they are, but is there some deeper meaning behind these symbols which attract us to them?

For instance, the famous Square & Compass of the craft uses one of the most desirable things to look at throughout the ages. What do i mean? Well a look at the carvings and bread molds used in the ancient city of Çatalhöyük can show us that the lozenge was used along with spirals. This custom of drawing lozenges and spirals has been used by many cultures in ancient history. Freemasonry, i think, at one time or another when established was understood by these principles that where common so long ago. Spirals and lozenges are appealing to the brain.

but even so, what does this mean and why is that so? Maybe the symbols we use help us feel calmed and cooled sub-consciously or maybe they are symbols and images that are warm felt to the brain.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Excellent Job Max. I honestly would not want to spend that much time typing but you have properly illustrated many of the symbols of Masonry with their proper explantions.

Their are corresesponding lectures for each degree and the bulk of the symbols are included in each of these. The caveat, however, is that each Mason may infer a slightly different meaning from each of these. Each of these interpertations is correct in their own way and in does not detract from the lesson imparted by their conveyance.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
If you want something interesting to read about acacia, check out this PDF:

www.innerquest.org...

I just read it not too long ago and I had no idea about this.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Taskism

Thanks for the link I will surly check it out tonight !

One book that I read and really enjoyed was Stellar Theology & Masonic Astronomy by Robert Hewitt Brown . The book was a great read and covered a lot on the topic of Masonic symbolism . Have any of you out there ever herd of that book or author ?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Okay I got a message back from my teacher explaining the message.

In almost every old civilization, they use symbology for many things.

The phoenix is used in the hidden message in this instance.

Everyone knows the phoenix dies and out of its own ashes rises to be even more brilliant.

He told me it was the same case for the message. I would trust his judgment, more then any judge, in any court system anywhere. He is what I call an American Lawyer, with no Bar card, it would of been stripped along time ago if so.

anyways, you can look up the Phoenix it has to do with every major civilization, except America, for Americans would catch on if they notice Phoenix's all of the world throughout time.

So they used an eagle instead.

Google had this to say when i typed in : Phoenix symbology used throughout history

www.exampleessays.com...

Edited to add: some of the dates go back 2000 years. and there are only 22 instances shown, which by the way there are alot more.

Hope i helped, Namaste

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Thanks for that !

I knew that of the Phenix but I will still give that link a look see , thanks

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Freemasonry is a system of morality, veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols.

Hi Max, sorry it took me so long to resond. I don't turn my computer on much during the weekend. Sorry, I can't explain all the symbols, but suffice to say that each one symbolizes an allegory that teaches us a lesson in morality. Masonry is really just a system of morality that we teach and strive to live by. It has served the fraternity well for a very long time, and it has made many a good man better.

One of the best things about Masonry (in my opinion) is that becauseo of the allegorical teachings, the lesson is not lost in semantics, and it does not change with time. The lesson reaches each new initiate on their own terms, and it takes its own special place in their heart, and hopefully it becomes part of their character.

The other thing that quickly becomes clear in Masonry is that although all the lessons and lectures exist, the only true way to improve one's self in Masonry, is to interact with the Brethren. You learn a lot more just talking with the old members than you ever will listening to a lecture. You learn more at mealtime than you do in open Lodge. You learn more when volunteering, or roofing the building, or cooking for 100 men, than you do learning catechisms. The "brotherhood" of a couple of hundred good and upright men and Mason's from your local community is more valuable than else you can participate in.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
www.dcsymbols.com...

Is you want a bunch of symbolism that even Mason's don't realize exists. Read through the pages of that link a few times. The "floorwork" of Masonry is meant to help initiates "learn" that which cannot be taught. The symbolism of our floorwork and our Lodge design has almost been lost over time.

I am in the process of printing the different layouts from that site, and learning the significance so that I can do some Masonic education for the Lodge.

We have done some remodeling recently so that are Lodge is more accurate in its depiction and ratios. I will try to upload a pic of the new editions if I can figure out how.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join