It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashtabula County: Judge tells residents to "Arm themselves"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Arming up in Ohio, very wise decision. It is a given that Ohio thinks their state laws trump the Constitution. In many sections of the Ohio Revised Code the Constitution is circumvented. Not every criminal wears a black stocking cap and a mask.

Just have to read between the lines is all.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Awesome. Truly a sign of what is to come. It excites me.

No offense, because I have often made some bone-headed comments like that, but. . . . really?

I mean, yes, things have to change. And yes, TPTB have to see the light, and our Consumerism, and Waste, and Greed have to reach a tipping point, and we have to learn to live correctly again,

But. . . Excited about the hard times to come?

Many people will suffer, and not just the guilty ones. Our children will inherit a world without all the easy-living and good times. They won't grow up the way that we did. I think it is a little short-sighted and calloused, and all too common for people to say they are excited about this upheaval.

It's kind of like being excited to see a plane crash....sure, the emotion fills us, and it is tittilating, but it is also tragic and sad, and I don't believe any of us "really" want to see it expedited in any way.

Yes, it excites me that I will endure the suffering NOW so that my children can have a better life later. I want this straightened out NOW. Even if it means my life. Too many generations have just shoved this ongoing problem onto the backs of future generations. It is time THIS generation do something about it and ensure a prosperous future for the next. Before its too late...
The longer we wait TPTB are actively shutting down our resistance with tyrannical law, censorship, and oppression. Stealing our money and destroying our children minds with propaganda. A change needs to happen NOW.

So, "No offense, but really" YES really. Some of us were born to make a difference. I'm not sure about you but people like me go down as heroes one day.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by AzoriaCorp]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

love your speech, very motivating

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

As an american, i actually kinda agree with you. The violence will solve nothing, but only create pain.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

A sign of the times? What is coming? Or where many areas have already arrived?

Cutbacks hitting LE, now forcing the populace to become proactive in self-protection?

Pretty wild to hear a JUDGE making these comments publically!

Many here have been talking about this coming...Appears it may have come to fruition...

www.wkyc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I don't see this as being a sign of the times at all.

This is something that needs to happen, and should happen more often across the nation.

The police have not proven to be any more useful than the ways they've proven themselves to be useless.

A well armed community who communicates with each other will deter crime just as well, if not better, than any police officer. I've never found a police officer to provide any better assistance than I can provide myself.. except when I need to file a police report for an insurance claim.

There may be some areas where crime prevention lacks, such as traffic violations. We may see an increase in traffic incidents, but for the more serious/violent crimes this may turn out for the better!

So, "No offense, but really" YES really. Some of us were born to make a difference. I'm not sure about you but people like me go down as heroes one day.

You have serious issues. People who try to be heroes end up doing a lot more harm than they could imagine. A hero is someone who takes advantage of an opportunity to do the right thing. There is no certain type of person that becomes a hero.

You need to get your mind right before you hurt yourself and others with your "heroism"

[edit on 11-4-2010 by SirPsychoSexy]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

You have serious issues.

This coming from a guy who has an avatar of a condom that says "I love sex" on it. I could care a less how you characterize me.

People who try to be heroes end up doing a lot more harm than they could imagine. A hero is someone who takes advantage of an opportunity to do the right thing. There is no certain type of person that becomes a hero.

The "type" of people who feel the need to stand up and fight back for their future, well being, and children, whether it be violent (if need be) or peaceful, are the type of people who become heroes. You sound as if fear runs your life.

You need to get your mind right before you hurt yourself and others with your "heroism"

I'm also so glad you know me so well....

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I have lived in areas where the local sheriff told me if i caught a burglar or other criminals on your property committing crimes to just shoot them and bury them deep.

Interesting...my husband just came back from a trip to South Africa. He stayed with a landowner who said the same thing about poachers. They just "shoot and shovel".

Well, that tells me a great deal of where we are headed.
Right now we live in a very safe area where people know each other and look out for each other. I pray it stays that way.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp

You have serious issues.

This coming from a guy who has an avatar of a condom that says "I love sex" on it. I could care a less how you characterize me.

People who try to be heroes end up doing a lot more harm than they could imagine. A hero is someone who takes advantage of an opportunity to do the right thing. There is no certain type of person that becomes a hero.

The "type" of people who feel the need to stand up and fight back for their future, well being, and children, whether it be violent (if need be) or peaceful, are the type of people who become heroes. You sound as if fear runs your life.

I'm also so glad you know me so well....

You have children, and you're thinking about how you are meant to be a "hero" when the world goes to #.

Yes, you do have issues.

Worse than that, you think that fighting violently against some bad guy (real or not) is what makes a hero. Good luck with that. When you have a real gun put in your face by a real killer, don't expect sympathy frpm me. Guess what? It's not fun and it's not easy.

Like I said, a hero is someone who takes advantage of an opportunity to do the right thing. There doesn't have to be any fighting involved. You sound like a lot of these other self-proclaimed "revolutionists" who can't wait for the SHTF moment. Most of these people just wish for an opportunity to relieve themselves of responsibility and blame someone for their problems.

Not saying that's you, but you're starting to sound like that.

And yes, people who try to be heroes end up doing more harm than good.

Read this post from above and reflect on that. You want to experience your so called heroism? Go to africa and fight. Otherwise you are just talking out of the side of your mouth.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by SirPsychoSexy]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SirPsychoSexy

Get off your high horse and stop judging people. I said nothing about violent action toward anyone or anything. Plus stop manipulating everything I have said into something that is along the lines of crazy. YOU are starting to sound like the self-proclaimed "progressives" who love to tag anyone who speaks anything of restoring order to the American system, as crazy or a runaway lunatic.

Grow up, and respect others opinions. Just because you read a few paragraphs of someones opinions, doesn't mean you know them inside and out.

<< 1  2   >>

join