It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashtabula County: Judge tells residents to "Arm themselves"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have lived in areas where the local sheriff told me if i caught a burglar or other criminals on your property committing crimes to just shoot them and bury them deep.

He said it saved him a lot of paperwork and time investigating crimes that likely the state and county would not send the criminal to jail long for.

I noticed this county had a long list of missing persons many with long criminal records.

I always wondered how many others had been given this same advice and had plugged and planted criminals in the area.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Yup, if you have a beef with a fellow American.

Bury them deep.

Death and deadly force is the way to solve every single problem.
It is the all American solution to everything.

So when a SWAT team come after you for not paying a parking fine, and you die in agony in a pool of your own blood, feel proud to be an American.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by LuxFestinus

by LuxFestinus
Where I live the police will tell you that if you are attacked you should run away. The police that say such things are severely mentally retarded. I wonder how many of these idiots are indirectly responsible for the death of good Americans. Police that say such things are a threat to the U.S. Constitution and go directly against what America stands for.

Why do you say that? Do you expect the cops to tell you to stand your ground and defend yourself? If you were injured, they could be held responsible.

I know of no LEO that would advise you to stand and deliver.

That's because they don't want you to realize how useless they are. Police don't prevent crime, they just show up afterwards and mouth platitudes.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
well op, i'd take it as good advice. there are a multitude of people who believe that the police can protect everyone and prevent crime. the fact is there aren't enough police to even come close to doing this. what's the average police response to a 911 call, like 5 or 10 minutes? by that time, if it's an assault, you're either beat to unconsciousness or dead.

people need to get it in their heads that they, themselves, are the only ones who are going to be able to protect themselves and/or their family in the case of danger in nearly all instances.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

what a ridiculous reply. in america we have the inborn right to defend our lives and property. you make us all sound like bloodthirsty barbarians, well i'd rather be a barbarian than a victim in my own home.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

what a ridiculous reply. in America we have the inborn right to defend our lives and property. you make us all sound like bloodthirsty barbarians, well i'd rather be a barbarian than a victim in my own home.

But that is precisely the point.

You have 300 million people the great majority of them armed to the teeth that are ready to kill each other for any provocation at all.

Because it is their "right" to do so.

So what happens, is every criminal is also armed to protect "his" right to freedom from you the victim.

The result will be chaos, absolute anarchy, and your whole nation will be swimming in bloodshed when law and order inevitably breaks down.

Yes, Americans are barbarians in war, and barbarians in their love of deadly force, guns, torture and death.

You reap what you sow.
God help you all when TSHTF.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

better that then defenseless victims to the slaughter of tyrannical government and corrupt peacekeepers.

are you saying if a burgler armed with a weapon comes into your home to rape and kill your wife you dont have the right to defend her? that you'd have to be bloodthirsty to shoot the guy in the face? cause if that's so, wow.

we're always called bloodthirsty and barbarians and primitive for our right to defend our lives and property...but just wait folks when one of these countries that don't have the right to bear arms gets a repressive government, they'll bemoan the state of their nation and beg one of us countries with those rights to come save them.

twenty years later, we'll be evil again.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

and another thing. what the heck does torture have to do with this article? just more inflammatory angst to get some post counts? or is it political bias? cause i'll tell you something mr. i've never condoned torture, nor the murder of innocents. there are many more like me, we're still trying to get our government to listen to us peacefully

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

better that then defenseless victims to the slaughter of tyrannical government and corrupt peacekeepers.

Yes, you need to protect yourself against other heavily armed Americans that are as crazy and violent as you are yourself.

And don't worry about the peace keepers.
Nobody is coming to help you.

For some strange reason Americans seem to think thousands of foreign peace keeping troops are going to pour into America to stop you from killing each other. That is not going to happen.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

i was talking about the police who were originally peace officers aka keepers of the peace, as opposed to the military. not foreign troops.

it's sad that you hate us so much for our rights. perhaps it's just because our countries started out so differently.

since this conversation is going nowhere( and being called a bloodthirsty murderer over and over again is quite annoying) i'm going to step out of this thread. continue to spread your ignorant vitriol.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
When law and order in America totally breaks down, (as it is about to), many police offices will stay at home to protect their families.

You will be shooting at other Americans.
Your foreign enemies are certainly not coming over there to be shot at by both sides.

The United Nations and NATO are only interested in disputes between nations, not about revolutions.
So, no foreign peace keeping forces will be coming to America to either help you, or to help your government.

You will be facing Homeland Security, private mercenary forces such as Black Water, and the US military, and also criminal street gangs in every suburb.

They all absolutely love their guns, and they have a perfect right to protect themselves too.

The hatred my friend, is not from me, but between Americans that have always passionately believed that deadly force with guns solves all problems.

[edit on 10/4/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Violence isn't a problem solver, we agree there.
But if someone attempts to attack me I will defend
myself. Self defense is a natural right practiced by every
species on Earth. We humans just have our own way of doing
so.

Look, it's not about the guns, or the military, or the gangs. I'm
not out to kill anyone and I just don't see your reasoning behind
believing this. No one is talking about foreign troops. No one
is talking about some sort of civil war. We are talking about a
breakdown in law enforcement capabilities. If the Man can't do it
then it is your duty as an able citizen to police your own
neighborhood.

The attitude by some people toward the right for one to protect him/herself
is simply astounding as if they're not subject to the Laws of Nature.

Good luck fighting nature.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I lived there... WOW!

I firmly believe there is also a FEAM camp on Lake Rd near the power plant in Ashtabula.

Lots of work being done, new barbed wire fences, lots of train cars...

Something aint right about this place.

Theres also nuke waste dump sites all over that area.
The birth defect rate there is freaking insane too!

Good luck BuckEyes... Atleast you guys got someone telling you whats about to come to pass!

Id listen up and prepare for the worst.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuxFestinus
Where I live the police will tell you that if you are attacked you should run away. The police that say such things are severely mentally retarded. I wonder how many of these idiots are indirectly responsible for the death of good Americans. Police that say such things are a threat to the U.S. Constitution and go directly against what America stands for.

No. It's good advice. Not against the constitution.

If you can't fight, you should run away. Standing around just trying to swing like a mad man may or may not work for you. Chances are, it WONT work for you.

Even if you can fight, and your a Shodan (blackbelt) in karate or some other martial art, you should STILL, run away. Because even if you punch some guy in the face when he attacks you and you knock him down. You could still get stabbed in the back by his friend who you never even saw coming.

Criminals usually work in groups.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Hey, just wanted to say a few things. wow... big topic. I`ll try to be as brief as possible. First, this COULD be a good thing for us in some ways, some might even say necessary, or inevitable and they might use words and phrases like "tipping point" or "last straw" (as in the one that broke the camel`s back). And that may lead to other ideas and concepts with another set of phrases like, "rebirth", "awakening", or "renaissance". Yeah that would be pretty cool, wouldn`t it..? If we could just be left alone to lick our wounds and recover. Does anyone really see that happening? Do you imagine that China and Russia will be sending us food and other forms of relief? I think we would be lucky to just be left in peace or better yet, ignored outright. THAT would almost be justice, to leave us to lie in our own bed. We would have enough of a problem with aholes here causing problems. But, unfortunately, this is not really how history would have us believe it could play out. It makes a lot more sense if you realize that this engame scenario for america has been planned for a long time. It will accomplish many goals, but I have a feeling a huge cash grab for someone is definitely in the works. And when I say "cash" I obviously mean land and resources too. Why keep a great nation running smoothly and get a "slow" trickle of money when you can infiltrate it (which admittedly does take a lot of patience, but strangely I`ve found patience to be a most useful tool when doing the devil`s work and is a common virtue among those who choose such a line of work) and then yank the rug suddenly from beneath it? I may not know exactly who or how, but SOMEBODY is going to become very rich and powerful by doing this, the question is, what are YOU gonna do about it? Or perhaps more to the point I`m getting at, what are WE gonna do about it? Are you going to be one of those who merely stands there #ting your pants? I`d rather die fighting for my beliefs in freedom and justice. Better start hiding weapons, bury `em underground or whatever. Just make sure to seal em off from dirt and moisture!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Now watch, the first person who defends them self in Ashtabula County will be charged with manslaughter or 1st degree murder and the person who protected themselves/their family will quote this judge and what he said... it will be a big mess to say the least.

I am all for self protection and I believe all citizens should at least take a proactive approach to protecting themselves and their loved ones, including neighborhood watch programs and the like. You think you live in a good area, but violent crimes are not going down, are they? I live outside of Philly, obviously Philly is known for violent crimes, in fact every days there is murders just like a lot of the biggest cities in this country, however I share the same county as part of Philly, which is Montgomery County - the crime has spread out to my area over the years.

15 years ago my town was all farm land with probably (just guessing) 1/5th of the roads there are now, maybe even less. Now the population is huge, there is barley any farm land left in the area, the cost of living in my town alone is the highest in the area due to it being upper middle class, and like I mentioned, crime has went on a rise. I have seen it right in front of my eyes being raised here, it's sad but true. However this is why I'm glad everyone in my family knows at least basic self defense, including weapons training. In fact target shooting has been something we've all been into since as long as I can remember.

I suggest you all do the same - learn self defense, take shooting classes if you don't have someone to teach you (I'm sure there are some free classes you can find locally), and find a gun that you're comfortable with and keep it locked up safe and sound until you (hopefully don't) need it. Having something for self defense is not a bad idea, especially with the economy in $hit, you never know where this world is going, so stock piling has become rapid once again, so if you got the money, it wont hurt you to do that either.

Plus, who knows how the laws will change, and prices of guns & ammo are rising, so get it all while you still can, and while the prices are where they are at.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
....continued.
I pray we don`t have to use them, but it seems outlandish to think we would not be "kicked while we were down" and get invaded. We will be an alter ego of what we created in Iraq/Afghanistan. Hiding weapons caches underground, hoping that the foreign soldiers occupying our country don`t catch us. We will be planning insurgencies and terrorist attacks against our unwelcome "liberators". I really hope not. But it could happen. You may find yourself 5 years from now as a willing suicide bomber. After all, the foreign ivaders dropped a bomb on your house while you were at work the 1st day of the invasion and killed your soulmate and your children and your parents were visiting for dinner so they died too, your sister was gang raped by the sob`s and your 2 brothers died in the ensuing battles over the next few months after Invasion day 1, so you`ve got nothing else to live for except that surge of joy that causes your heart to come to life like a v8 everytime you imagine that YOU will be the cause of so many of their deaths. Those bastards who, in your mind, are the very embodiment of evil.
I REALLY hope this doesn`t happen, I`ve just always had a knack for looking at a situation and being able to think outside the box to find probable outcomes. But like ANY vision of the future, this is only one of many possibilities. And often the prophecy itself has led to a diversion of disaster.
One last thing. There is someone not too very close to me but we are blood related and I love them all the same, who has a condition requiring a hi-tech medical device. They`ve had it less than 5 years and a second surgery has already been required. If our country falls apart, not only will most medicines become unavailable, but most certainly there will not be a neurosurgeon available should this person require another surgery. So some of us may want to start to learn how to take care of our loved ones with medical conditions as I intend to learn to perform surgery if I had to on myself and others. Bullet extraction may be useful. Doctors with money and little consciense will leave the country but hopefully some will not abandon us. But anyway, I just wanted people to think of the real effects something like this will have on us.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Violence will not solve a thing.

Even if you were to 'cut the head off the snake' it will grow back.

It is not 'them' you are fighting, you are fighting human nature.

We all have this utopian dream of peacefull times with love for all.

We are encouraged through teachings, religion and society, to be moral.

Greed and Envy. These are human traits, they are also very natural traits observed in a large number of species in this world.

They are not ingredients of cohesion or coexistence.

We can repress them all we want, but they are still there, in ALL of us.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
What is paranoia?
Paranoia is a mental state where you are suspicious without reason. You may feel that people are trying to harm you in some way or that something dreadful is about to happen. Everyone can be suspicious at times, or feel fearful about the future, but if you are experiencing paranoia you may lose insight into the fact that perhaps your fears are groundless, and in extreme forms you may be unable to distinguish between reality and fantasy. Paranoia is a psychiatric condition which often occurs as a feature of a more serious mental illness such as schizophrenia or manic depression, or as a result of using street drugs.

What are the symptoms?
Paranoia can take many forms, and is often seen as a response to the particular life stresses of an individual. You may feel isolated and unable to depend upon or trust anyone else. You might feel suspicious of other people's actions and motivations, that everyone has a hidden agenda concerning you. You may become irrationally jealous of a partner, or suspect that a relative is trying to poison you. Feelings of being watched or followed are common, and in extreme cases you might think that your thoughts are being monitored or that your home is bugged.

Who experiences it?
Anyone can experience mild feelings of paranoia as a result of things going wrong in their life, however, extreme paranoia is usually seen in people with mental health problems, or users of street drugs. People may develop paranoia at any age, but young people tend to have the most spectacular delusions, for example, that aliens are controlling my thoughts". Young men are affected slightly more than young women.

What causes it?
Paranoia can be caused by a number of factors such as stressful life events, but it is most commonly seen in people with mental health problems and people using street drugs. Drugs such as amphetamine, cannabis, coc aine, ecstasy and '___' often cause bad trips, where users feel paranoid for a time, but long-term or heavy drug users can experience more serious problems with paranoia that are not easily shaken off.

People experiencing severe anxiety or depression can develop problems with paranoid feelings, but the most extreme forms of paranoia are usually seen in people diagnosed with schizophrenia or manic depression. These illnesses can cause people to lose touch with reality, a feature known as psychosis, so that when people develop paranoia they frequently lose the insight to recognise that their fears are not grounded in reality.

What can be done?
The first step towards recovery is usually to recognise that there is a problem and to seek help. However, people experiencing paranoia often fail to recognise that they have a problem that can be treated. If this is the case, friends or family may have a role in encouraging the person to seek help. The first point of contact would usually be a GP who may be able to prescribe drug treatment, or refer the person to a psychiatrist or psychologist for more intensive treatment. Paranoia is usually treated with antipsychotic drugs which have a tranquillising effect and aim to reduce paranoid feelings. Other forms of treatment are known as talking treatments; these include counselling, cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and psychotherapy. If a person is very distressed, they may be admitted to hospital for treatment. People are usually encouraged to go to hospital as voluntary patients, but sometimes if someone's behaviour is very disturbed, they can be admitted to hospital against their will under the Mental Health Act 1983.

Who can help?
Friends and family can help by encouraging the person to seek treatment and support. They can also support a paranoid person by trying to help them sort out what are facts and what are paranoid assumptions. It is important to ensure that you don't say anything that might collude with delusional beliefs or feed their paranoia. It can be quite distressing living with a paranoid person, so friends and family might wish to seek some support for themselves too. Many organisations can provide advice, information and either practical or emotional support. These include mental health and drug charities, helplines, counselling and therapy services, social services, GPs and the health service.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sharklive6

www.thesite.org...

Does copy and pasting that body of text without any explanation make you feel:

A) Intelligent?

B) Funny?

C) Better about your insecurities?

www.thefreedictionary.com...

forum [ˈfɔːrəm]
n pl -rums, -ra [-rə]
1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest