It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Denies Visas to Israeli Nuclear Scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Obama Administration Denies Visas to Israeli Nuclear Scientists

pajamasmedia.com

workers at the Dimona reactor who submitted VISA requests to visit the United States for ongoing university education in Physics, Chemistry and Nuclear Engineering — have all been rejected, specifically because of their association with the Dimona reactor. This is a new policy decision of the Obama administration, since there never used to be an issue with the reactor’s workers from study in the USA, and till recently, they received VISAs and studied in the USA.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 9-4-2010 by OddTimeSignature]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
"Israeli defense officials are stating these workers have no criminal records in the U.S. or Israel and have been singled out purely because of their place of employment. Moreover, nuclear materials for the Dimona reactor apparently do not come from the U.S. Zeev Alfasi — head of nuclear engineering at Israel’s Ben Gurion University — states that “the United States doesn’t sell anything nuclear-related to the Dimona reactor, and that means absolutely nothing. Radiation detectors, for example, have to be purchased now in France because the USA refuses to sell these to Israel."

Well there seems to be a bigger crack than earlier believed...If this is the new admin strategy of Obama, we can say maby its not all over for the americans who want the power back to the people...

\OTS

pajamasmedia.com (visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 9-4-2010 by OddTimeSignature]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I guess it wasn't a good idea for Netanyahu to taunt Obama about the settlements. It pleases me to see Obama stand up for what's right.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Its wonderful that Obama knows how to play this particular game. I think it goes like this:
Israel :"We are going to make you look daft, blindside your representative in our nation by announcing inflamatory policies designed solely to damage the already busted peace process, and basicaly make your life more difficult than is really required."
Obama: "Ok, have fun with that. Meanwhile you can spin on it if you think you can carry on using our resources to further your ends. If you cant be responsible, then Im not trusting you to use ANY damn thing we provide!"

Lovely parry.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Lovely parry.

Not really, when you consider that the US still gives billions of dollars to Israel in "foreign aid" year in year out. Roughly 20% of all US foreign aid goes to Israel, despite the fact that Israel has just 0.12% of the world's population.

There's a lot more to the US-Israel relationship than is revealed to the profane.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wecomeinpeace

I have to agree with you, for my mind there is a lot going on behind the scenes.. Both the UK and US "appear" to be distancing themselves from Israel..

I wonder to myself if that is just for their respective public's consumption so should anything happen *nudge nudge, Iran* both US and UK can pretend they did not know anything about it all along, and happens by chance that US or UK interests are attacked along the way.. well, I mean, what other course of action is there..

BTW, I think this game sucks lemons.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
While I am all for holding Israel accountable for their governments atrocious treatment of Palestinians and for trying to stoke a war with Iran, I am starting to grow wary of Obama's treatment of Israel.

Is anyone else starting to worry about this?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Obama is definitely sending a strange message here. I suppose he should start looking very closely at the thousands of visa applications and renewals submitted by foreign students everyday. Applications from students that hale from from more controversial nations than Israel. Nations with direct ties to terrorism.

Last time I checked Israel is still an ally.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
While I am all for holding Israel accountable for their governments atrocious treatment of Palestinians and for trying to stoke a war with Iran, I am starting to grow wary of Obama's treatment of Israel.

Is anyone else starting to worry about this?

I'm not worried, I actually applaud the fact that he is the only one so far to have the gonads to stand up to them... and it's about time...

Magnum

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Well...Because the israelian lobby had their probes way up the asses of the congress for years now...you should be glad that for once you have a president who have interest in America and the people who lives there...instead for the previous clowns who only had interest in their own and their friends wallets...Don´t be worried be proud instead...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Well, you could see this story from one of the two perspectives already described in replies to this thread. 1.) You take the story at face value and applaud Obama for his integrity of standing up for what is right. Or, as is my opinion, 2.) you could read a little more into it and think that maybe Obama is distancing himself from Israel not for altruistic reasons but because he is aware of plans that Israel has regarding Iran. It is because of this thinking that I agree with you. Yes, it is worrying.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
I guess it wasn't a good idea for Netanyahu to taunt Obama about the settlements. It pleases me to see Obama stand up for what's right.

Right? Obama? He'll be only right when he gets "right" out of the White House.

He's trying to tell Israel they can't build on their property? Who in the hell does he think he is? And denying Israelis visas?

He's done lost his freaking mind!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
not to much is gonna surprise me about what this admin is going to do...after all they have treated badly the Israeli people and government...and considering the obama has kissed every terrorist group on the butt in the past 14 months or so... I fully expected this type of thing from a guy that is a coward and a habitual liar...

turning his back and doing this to Israel will be his demise.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

He's trying to tell Israel they can't build on their property? Who in the hell does he think he is? And denying Israelis visas? He's done lost his freaking mind!

You're right. He's not President of Israel. He doesn't govern over the state of Israel. So WHY IN THE HELL ARE WE GIVING THEM BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. Why did we supply them with nukes? WHY are we even talking to Israel? Maybe he doesn't like the fact that we are keeping Israel afloat with funding while they don't do what we want....best solution...end all funding and all ties. They want to be ballsy then let them deal with their own problems by themselves.

We need to worry about our country and OUR citizens...not Israel which is the size of a small state in the United States....yet no one screams about billions of deficit spending when it goes to Israel or to our wars.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

and considering the obama has kissed every terrorist group on the butt in the past 14 months or so

Really? Name them all please. I already know Dick Armey lobbies for terrorists...but yet I don't see Obama lobbying for any....so please inform me.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by David9176]

top topics

join