It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinically dead boy 'saw grandma in heaven'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Clinically dead boy 'saw grandma in heaven'

au.news.yahoo.com

A three-year-old boy brought back from the dead after his heart stopped beating for three hours has told how he allegedly saw his great-grandmother in heaven.

The youngster - who is named only as Paul - claimed he met his relative and she sent him back to Earth.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'd like to say WHOA!!! But in a slightly skeptical manner.
Something like WhoA!

They were about to stop because the boy had been clinically dead for three hours and 18 minutes - but then a miracle happened.

Not too sure what to make of the whole scenario. It seems hyped up when you read the article!

The team managed to get his heart beating again, defying the laws of medicine.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I've heard that when you die, your brain floods with '___', which is a hallucinogenic chemical that is also released during REM sleep.

So, he probably did see his grandmother, in the same kind of way I've "gone to school wearing just my underwear" kind of way -- know what I mean?

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

'___' doesn't explain the Pamela Reynolds case

I'd like to interject, before all the atheist nuts move in for the kill.

=)

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Also 3 hours of a heart stopping there is no '___'. Sorry, that on doesnt apply to nde's and has been misconstrued. Brains don't function that way when they shut down.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I somehow doubt this to be completely true. If he had really been clinically dead for 3 and some change hours, then his brain should have been done suffocated.
(please excuse the lackadaisical terminology, I'm rather tired)

[edit on 4/9/10 by TokiTheDestroyer]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

I'd agree... 3hrs! This is the reason for my skeptisism. 5 minutes without fresh oxygen to the brain is usually fatal and or seriously disabling!

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Not true.

I love it when people with no medical understanding blurt things out like O HERPERDERPDERPDERP brain dies at x amount of time

Let's see, there was a girl in a insane car crash that was in a coma for x amount of days and came back to life, but retarded, and then, slowly became normal again.

There was a guy who was riding a snowmobile and went through ice, froze, was retrieved from the water 30 minutes later or so, was dead for 2-3 hours, came back to life completely fine.

Do not state things you have no proof of.

Yes, it's unlikely, but, it does happen.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Nice story...you can read thousands of NDE's on the site below. There is always new stuff.

www.nderf.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

After re-reading the article, I came across the part where they talk about how his core temp was 27C.
That actually makes this plausible. The cold would have drastically slowed down the degradation of the brain tissue.
The 3 hour part still gets me though.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Yes I realize this, thanks for being a dick about it.
Also, I have a pretty good grasp on medical science, I just missed the part of the article that stated the boy was half frozen.

[edit on 4/9/10 by TokiTheDestroyer]

link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That's probably because the NDE doesn't happen DURING the 3 hours that the brain is dead, you goofball. It happens BEFORE or AFTER the brain is dead. When you "come to," as in get revived, that's when the '___' Is released, OR, that is when you regain consciousness and remember the '___' trip from before your brain stopped working.

link   
As an Atheist, i am going to have to be a skeptic.

I dont think that he actually been to heaven. Nothing that the amount of Dimethyltryptamine released when you die cant explain.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This topic is on coasttocoastam.com... RIGHT NOW -- Dr. Jeffrey Long is being interviewed.

mysteriousuniverse.org... read a long email from a listener about his NDE after a drug overdose -- he met someone he already knew from his previous life.... and it was a completely lucid experience. When he woke up his friend said that his pulse and breathing had stopped.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Do you guys even read the article before commenting???

The water in the lake was cold and the boy's core temperature was just 28C - it should normally be 37C.

If the temperature had been higher, the team would have stopped trying to resuscitate after 40 minutes because the boy would definitely have been brain dead.

Cold temperatures means the metabolism slows so body can survive with little oxygen.

It is very common knowledge in the medical field that in cases where people are very very cold (like falling into a lake of cold water) that they have a little more time to get them back.

There are even some hospitals that have special "cold hats" that they can put on patients heads to cool the brain to keep it undamaged for longer with no oxygen.

Seriously...what motivation would the doctors have to lie about the amount of time his heart was stopped???

But back on topic...I love NDE stories. I wish they would of expanded on if the boy knew his great grandmother when she was alive and how long she has been dead. And more of a description of what he saw...but I guess that may be a bit personal to share at this point.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Did you read my post in regards to that?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
reply to post by Unity_99

That's probably because the NDE doesn't happen DURING the 3 hours that the brain is dead, you goofball. It happens BEFORE or AFTER the brain is dead. When you "come to," as in get revived, that's when the '___' Is released, OR, that is when you regain consciousness and remember the '___' trip from before your brain stopped working.

You speak of this like is an exact science where there is no room for speculation.

Being so far on one side of the spectrum is just as bad as someone on the other side and coming on here and saying this is a 100% true NDE and he definately talk to his great grandmother.

But whatever...I guess you just have everything all figured out.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Dr. Jeffrey Long JUST said that hypothermia is not a determining factor for NDE experiences. He says it does save lives but it doesn't cause the NDEs.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You don't have to believe in god to believe in NDE's.
Surely there is another plane of existence outside the realm of religion.

Nothing that wasn't, could have ever been. Nothing that is, couldn't never have been.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

And I didn't say it caused NDEs ANYWHERE in my post...go re-read it.

People were questioning that the boy was revived after 3 hours...that is what I was responding to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join