It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your Apron? The significance at the very end...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

actualy my lambskin apron i proudly wear to masonic funerals and to official visitations. but i come from a lodge that has 2 PGM and 3 others frequently visit and instead of wearing their PGM Aprons and Collars they just wear a PM's apron. now that is the greatest act of humility i have ever seen. but my apron is with my mother right now because the lodges here in mississippi all wear leather aprons which i think are nicer than the lambskin but ne ways (the mississippi aprons are huge like 16x20 maybe? as big as texas but that is neither here nor there

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

That's a very nice article you wrote and it's nice to read how one is looked after so dearly, after his passing.
It's ironic that I have made this as part of my Will, that my apron accompany me on my final journey.
And, I will add, it's nice to know that others think of their apron as I do.

Does any other Freemason have this as their "final request".?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Bumping this thread in light of a New Thread with good questions about how Masons regard their Aprons.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Its in the bedroom dresser drawer. Safe and out of the way.

Been there for 20 years.

I'd also like to hear the Apron Lecture. I've heard something similiar at my initiation.

I was fortunate to have many family and friends there.

Most of all, My Grandfather.

Just prior to his (and 7 days later, my Grandmother who was OES), I was also given his Scottish Rite ring. Cant wear it yet. Money is too tight to go through the rites.

Thanks for this thread. I only just found out about it via a related thread.

Konx Om Pax.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join