It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your Apron? The significance at the very end...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Family is a great loss.
I did find the Apron is at ebay.

[Weird statements about Alex Jones taken out by poster.
Can't say what his stance is on Freemasons.]

I have a few sashes from ebay to impress those interested but
think those are Knights Templar.
You might see one in my youtube video.

ED: Actually any private organization might be called
a secret organization so there are hundreds as opposed to
the public organizations.
Or secret government organizations which would be some
special deal in a democracy of sorts.

ED: The Aprons are all different:
Google

[edit on 6/2/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AlBeMet

Indeed it was amazing. unfortunately my progress unto the third degree has been placed on hold due to medical reasons( I'm unable to physically perform any aspect of the ceremony for about 2 months now) frustrating as it has been my brethren have sent me get well soon type cards one for each month I miss and its been touching to have such caring brothers in the short time I have had to get to know them all. I hope all is going well with you Al and your lodge.

so mote it be.

In addition I would like to add recently a brother in our area, not my home lodge but very close, has taken that journey to the undiscovered country. I don't wish to reveal exact locations, for security reasons, but if anyone would care to send a thought or a prayer to the family through me I will send them hence
. I may be benched in a way due to the medical issues but I can still find time to assist a worthy brother and in this case its through prayer for his family in those hard times for the debt that all men pay.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by LurkingSleipner]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i am sorry for your loss my brother. and i applaud your efforts to find and bury him in his apron. i too have set out plans in writing as to my final arrangements to have a Christian burial with masonic service afterwards at graveside. i keep my apron in my apron tube in my hanging shoe rack on my closet door. now my question is did he leave behind a 14th degree ring?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by southerndemolay

He was a Yorkie... So no 14th Degree ring... I have his Masonic Bible well worn (that would be a KJV with a Square and Compasses on the cover to the profane) and some correspondence... I'm afraid that any Masonic jewelry was spirited away by a less than virtuous step-son... He'll answer for that one day. I've never been to enamored with the physical trappings of the Craft (save for my Apron)... First, a Freemason is made in his heart... No earthly bauble has more value or is more difficult to acquire. No pin, ring, or other accessory can more clearly denote a fellow Freemason than a firm grip and a kind word...

Brethren Monkeys, not just for being known in the dark as well as the Light anymore...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
For me any apron, would do, the apron I am not meant to stain is with me always, and not a physical thing.

There has been many a Mason whose travel took them far from their mother lodge, far from their friends and family, and when they past on, brothers who may not have even known them in life have provided an apron, and shocked their family with the sincerity of their words at the service, and those most beautiful words......what to me is most inspiring at a masonic funeral is perhaps the ones where no one knew the brother....maybe just a family member remembered to call a local lodge not knowing what to expect......and found a family always willing to come when they thought there was none. For some reason those masonic services for strangers I find really hit home with you as a Mason.....it really defines what we're about.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

my grandmother has left me one thing in her will....her father's trowel lapel pin. she said he wore that pic to church every sunday and the first monday night of every month. of course i'm in no rush to get it but it belonged to his father who passed it down from his father. so its my great great great grand fathers trowel pin. no pic of it but it is at least 14K white gold

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Tuesday night my grandfather passed away at the age of 92. He was just shy of reaching his 70th year in the Craft. I was able to spend some time with him over the last month, but his lucid moments were short lived. I wish I could say that our last conversation was an esoteric one, but alas it was the sweatshirt I was wearing.

I made it clear to my family that his Apron was to be found, and included with him in his final disposition on this Earth. He didn't want any kind of service, not even a Masonic one, and those wishes have been honored. The Apron was found, and the funeral home that was making the arrangements was founded by a Freemason so they were quite familiar with the proper protocol regarding his Apron.

For those unfamiliar with this aspect of Freemasonry:

When a man is initiated as a Mason, the new Brother is presented with a white lambskin apron, which he usually keeps at home in a special box or a dresser drawer, just as Bill did. In all ages, the color white has been associated with purity and the lamb with innocence. This symbolism is universal, and the Christian Mason notes that the Bible speaks of a person’s sins as being “washed white as snow” and refers to the Master of Nazareth as the “Lamb of God.” In Masonic Lodges today, Masons who are not officers wear undecorated aprons of white cloth or white lambskin.

It is suggested that a Brother’s Masonic apron, such as Bill’s, should be buried with him or burned, if the service is a cremation. His name is on it, so it would be of no use to anyone else except, perhaps, to a family member who is a Mason. Alternatively, you may wish to give Bill’s apron to his Lodge, where his Brothers will archive it in honor of your husband’s longtime service to Freemasonry.

www2.srmason.net...

I've always made it a point to be the one to deliver the Apron Lecture to the newly Initiated Entered Apprentices. It is the first lecture they receive, and I've always felt that it sets the tone for what is to come on their Journey towards Light. My delivery has left more than one EA wide eyed (and a Grand Master in tears once). Like much of Freemasonry's morals veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols, our passing from this crude existence to a celestial one is one of the key lessons. A Sprig of Acacia is all I need to comfort myself when thinking of my grandfather, as is the that he stood before the Great Architect clothed as Mason who had labored well, and is now ready to labor anew in a far greater endeavor.

I know that different Jurisdictions have different requirements regarding Aprons. In mine, an Apron is provided to all members and visitors to as Lodge as well as the Officers having the appropriate Apron for their Station. When we would go to the Prince Hall Lodge on visitation, we would have to take our own, as they didn't provide any.

So I ask, do you know where your Apron is, and do the right people know what to do with it?

[edit on 8/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

very nicely put, thanks for sharing

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I offer my condolences, I am sure your Grandfather will be welcomed with open arms into the next saga of existence. I just had an honest question and I apologize if I am not posting in the correct forum, but I wish to join the brotherhood of Freemasonry and have for quite some time. My grandfather was a member but he is long since departed and I no longer reside in the same area.

I believe in a supreme being, I am a great person, and I presently make an okay living at 12 dollars an hour.

Can someone please provide me with some advice as I have looked on the websites, but I do not know how to receive an invitation from a current member.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Thank You.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonRain311

Ah...that's just it...you will never be invited to join, you must come to Freemasonry of your own free will. If you know a Mason personally, just ask for a petition...I am sure he would be happy to help you. You will need two Freemasons as personal references to recommend your candidacy on your petition. So you must ask yourself, do you know any Freemasons? Are you sure that you don't? Even if you don't know any personally, it's not a problem to meet one, Freemasons are friendly and social, just visit a local Lodge a half hour or so before their regular meeting (usually posted on the building somewhere). Some Lodges host local meet-ups so you might look at meet-up dot com to see if there are any in your area. Best of luck on your journey, I hope that my advice was helpful.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
double post
edit on 31-5-2011 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

This was very helpful sir. I am happy to know that they are friendly and open with non members. I am going to go to the lodge around my area to inquire. Thank you once again and long live fellowship and togetherness.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Seeing how this old thread was resurrected........

My wife has my apron in a safe place so SHE knows where it is when I pass on . Inside the bib of the apron is a piece of paper with my wishes along with phone numbers of who she should call to set up my Masonic & AASR funeral service , what she is to do with my rings , books , rituals , regalia (Past Master apron , DDGM Apron , and my dress MM apron that she had handmade for me) and my collection of pins , paintings , lithographs , photos etc; etc; etc; .

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whenandwhere
Seeing how this old thread was resurrected........

My wife has my apron in a safe place so SHE knows where it is when I pass on . Inside the bib of the apron is a piece of paper with my wishes along with phone numbers of who she should call to set up my Masonic & AASR funeral service , what she is to do with my rings , books , rituals , regalia (Past Master apron , DDGM Apron , and my dress MM apron that she had handmade for me) and my collection of pins , paintings , lithographs , photos etc; etc; etc; .

That is a great idea, and it should be advice given to young Masons. I will share that idea at my Lodge.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

When you inquire at your local Lodge, there will be a sign posted near the door with their Stated Meeting times. If you show up an hour or so before that time, they will invite you in for a meal, get you the proper paperwork and answer any and all of your questions. That is the absolutely best way to find a Lodge. If there are several Lodges in your area, enjoy a meal at each one before you turn in your paperwork. That way you can find the one that you feel the most comfortable.

You can also google "Grand Lodge" and then your state name to get more information.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thank you . Our loved ones have enough to worry about when we pass on to have to worry about all this .

I forgot to add , if the wife and I pass on together (lets' say in a car wreck ) , my nephew knows where to find the apron .

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Thank you for your kind words.

The Craft is readily accessible, one only has to Google for the Grand Lodge in their state, province or country, and that will lead you to your local Lodge(s). After that it's a simple matter of a phone call and the process will begin.

Good luck on your quest for Light.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
To answer the question that was posed at the beginning of this thread all those months ago, I must say that mine is very close by at just about all times. I have mine, in it's blue cylinder, in my bedroom, virtually within arm's reach when I'm there.

I also was able to attend a Masonic funeral a few weeks past, and I must admit that it was very moving. The gentleman that passed was a dear friend of mine. He was 98. He gave me my first Masonic ring, bow tie, and shirt with frill. He had no one else in his family to give them to, as no one else was in the Craft. He lost his wife back in '92, and had since been living alone, where he worked in his garden and cooked for his extensive family on weekends and holidays. And yet, despite all of these, what appear by most to be terrible events, he found a way to make the best of the situation. He was a pure joy to be around, with an amazing sense of humor.

Anyway, at the end of his funeral, he was buried with his apron over his casket, as is customary for all regular Brothers. It was a beautiful service, and an even more beautiful day. He is terribly missed, but we all know that he was called to the Grand Celestial Lodge above, as the Grand Architect of the Universe has new plans for him to begin building on.

May we ever endeavor to reach such heights. Brother Dale, we miss you!

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Sorry for you loss MM.. but

wow.. in an age when people bag so many 'cults' like religion for their pomp and bombast... weeehoo..

Just bury me with a bottle of wild turkey, and let the worms at it all.

No disrespect intended mind you.. Your loss is felt.

I adore you for posting this

(ok..adore is going a bit far..but you made me laugh)

My condolences to anyone who has family members die .
edit on 6-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I just received a U2U...

From one of the distinguished Brethren here assembled, reminding me of a particularly relevant poem... The Old Masters Wages...

Something to reflect upon...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Awesome , considering I was raised not even a week ago.

I finally got the pun in the title lol , even though they explain the signficance of the apron in the EA degree.

My apron , apparently like most masons, is contained in the default blue cylinder sitting in the closet of my room.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join