It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

You got that right!!!
I'm running for batteries.
She's not very loud at the moment but she's putting out a great deal!
Be back asap!

edit on 20-8-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11eac2484b8f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/168dec8345a3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/49f5462412d0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df8eff06392c.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 20-8-2011 by silo13 because: two

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9409609a92d4.jpg[/atsimg]

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Yep,.... that's a lot of smoke. I hope this is the worse that happens. Any shaking going on in your area? Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Yes, the ground is shaking right along with her. I have not had a chance to check RSOE or any other EQ sites yet - I'm running in too many directions at the moment! Be back to let you know in a bit.

EDIT TO ADD: I have to laugh (kind of) - I was writing this out and she made such a huge sound it rattles the windows. (She's been pretty quiet through all of this so it really shocked me)!

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I am very pleased with myself
They said there was not going to be one and I said it was just starting because of my data. It was short lenght but She did go.
Here is the build-up from the time I saw it.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db2049ab6914.jpg[/atsimg]
Love your photos as I was just to tired to stay up any longer. I'm afraid you will have cleaning to do again this morning.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d136a16ad6eb.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 20-8-2011 by Tzavros because: Added image

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

You surely should be proud of you! You're doing a great job. Needless to say I'm listening to you not them.
Glad you like the pics and you're right again - I'll definitely have some clean up to do if the wind changes!

peace and thanks for the great work!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This one I am posting just for notes until I find out what happened here and so others can come in with ideas. The time doesn't match with any earthquakes, anywhere at that time.

Between 17.15 pm and 20.30 pm the Sismico data is very strange. This one is from the ESVO station but ESPC is exactly the same at the same times. It is back to normal (For Etna) now. 16.15 to 17.15 is her normal trace. I am hopeing it is a machine glitch.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b694ee9000d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

How is she looking today? Any major updates? More quakes? How much space between you and the volcano do you need to stay safe if she really blows?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This is the update on this last event.

This latest paroxysmal eruptive episode, one of the shortest and most violent in the series of such episodes initiated in January 2011, occurred 8 days after its predecessor, a slightly longer interval than the previous ones. The early buildup phase was characterized by rather low levels of activity until 02.00 GMT on 20 August, while the passage from relatively modest Strombolian activity to sustained lava fountaining and the rise of an eruption column took place in only a few minutes.

The morphological changes affecting the pyroclastic cone surrounding the New Southeast Crater were significant: besides the collaspe on the lower east flank of the cone, (That was the big boom that Silo heard) the southern and northeastern rims of the cone have grown in height.
FromINGV

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

She's quiet. It's dreadfully hot today. I hope she'll stay quiet as my poor animals will swell up and die i I have to cover their cages again (which I will not do of course unless theirs a bunch of ash falling directly)...

No more earth tremors. Nothing. Just quiet and hot.

Yes, I'm close enough to be in trouble if she decides to 'blow' but I don't worry about it and neither should you. I do wonder at the 'noxious gas' part, the asphyxiation, but, I can think of worse ways to go! Honestly, please, no worries on your part, don't let your concern for another ATS members take away from her beauty and majesty, not one bit!!!

peace

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

This latest paroxysmal eruptive episode, one of the shortest and most violent in the series of such episodes initiated in January 2011

There's no doubt - it was most violent and sudden, surprisingly quiet until 'that boom' we spoke of.

What are your feelings of another explosion? It's going to be very hot this week - that seems to be adding to her episodes... I'm interested in hearing what you have to say?

Thank you again 'Ingegnere' Tzavros?

peace

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you again 'Ingegnere' Tzavros?

Wow
such wonderful praise, than you.

Well the experts say no, but I see a lot of movement in there The movement chart is far from flat-line at the moment. I think She will have another go. I check on Her at least once a day and that increases as I see movement increase until I monitor every 30 minutes. She can change mood so quickly and very hard to tell what She will do. At least one more big bang to come I fear. Hopefully I am not at work when this happenes. I don't think She will go into those nasty large eruptions She has in the past but yes another ash fall.
I still think the earthquakes around the area/ Aegean Sea etc are conected to the activity of Etna and Stromboli. That activity seems to increase before one or the other has an episode.
But Etna is a cantancerous old lady and will do what She wants

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
TZ, thank you for your work and putting it into plain English for the rest of us. Like you I am concerned about the rise in activity around Greece at the moment for example.
Silo....where did you get such a big heart and your angels wings?.....it doesn't matter....you are a shinning example to humanity.
Beautiful, irridescent rainbows to you both,
Jane

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Thank you

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

My 'gut' tells me she's not done as it's getting very hot - and not just the air - the ground is soooo hot.
Also, she's just 'off' - I now it sounds silly but she doesn't like the new 'bestia nero' on her side (the new formations)...
I don't know how to translate 'bestia' exactly. Let me think about it.
I have the feeling (for whatever that's worth) she's not done and wants a 'face lift'.
So between your informed predictions and the pangs she's showing, lets see!
I'll be here if you are!
Thank you again,

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

There's something about Etna that gives me peace, gives me life, show's me what rebirth and living is all about - on a personal level. She scares me, but, that's humbling, something I need. If I have angel wings they're surely singed with her fires and for that I'm blessed in unusual and unique ways. I'm also more than fortunate and blessed to have people like you who are 'behind me' and support me when I go through these events. Without you all I don't know what I'd do, honestly. As for my big heart? It gets me in trouble Jane, but, I wouldn't have it any other way.

For now I have a few more pics to post for you all, let me get to them - also? I've an increasing and growing gratitude for you all being here, with me, and 'Our' Etna.

Thank you Jane, thank you all...
gracie

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join