It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who had been following AstroEngineers thread...Full Story is now available

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I read his first two post, and several replies by him in which he revealed nothing; I really dont feel like reading the next 10parts of his story.

Can someone sum it up in one word?

I'm kidding of course about the one word thing, but a short summary would be nice, what is it he found out? I'm curious, but I've already wasted much time on this individual with no interesting or conspiracy related knowledge gained, Its tainted my opinion of him so I can't bring myself to read 10 more chapters of his rambling.

Sorry for my laziness, my curiosity on this matter has been drained.

Edited Typo's

[edit on 4/8/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle
For those of us who are new to this individual could someone provide a summary of what exactly he was talking about? Is it to do with life on mars? Or TPTB playing around with advanced physics?

Seems like both. My casual scan of the text (way beyond me) would seem to indicate.

A: Some entity with access to NASA personnel, programs etc was able to install some tech that is considered at this place and time to be "sci-fi". If this is Nasa itself, a Contractor or someone else is speculation.

B: Data from Mars "might" be doctored. To what end? who knows. Speculate to your hearts content.

I'm going to show this to a friend who is more tech savy then myself and see what he says.

Anyway, why would Nasa hide such tech? it might be top secret military hardware or if it is some contractors secret toy they want to keep it just as secret as any military organization. It would certainly indicate our level of understanding of Quantum mechanics is much more advanced then we realize and that opens the door to a whole boat load of speculation (has all the talk of alternate dimensions been a long established fact?)

As to hiding data from Mars, that is a bit fuzzy. Program directors would see tampering and want to know where its coming from, this would imply that Nasa knows/endorses or is trying to uncover the source of the tampering.

What would they hide? well the obvious answer is "life". Perhaps plants have developed more "rock-like" forms to protect themselves from the (in comparison to Earth) harsh conditions.

In the end though without verification it could all just be clever ficition.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
He is saying that JPL's quantum supercomputers are capable of faster-than-light near instantaneous communication. Apparently the DOD is using this awesome tool just to preview thumbnails from the Mars SPIRIT rover for the purpose of censorship. Of course, in this context, we are just scratching the surface of what our glorious species is capable of.

All that just for censorship? Come on guys! Its time to stop treating citizens like buffoons. With all the media exposure of extraterrestrial subjects, you should give the people more credit than that.

Astroengineer be very careful please. You didn't ask for this...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I enjoyed the read if nothing more. Perhaps it's BS, perhaps it's complete honesty, I prefer to believe the latter. The detail and technical language throughout the text only helps solidify the validity of it all in my opinion. However, I encourage ATS to tear it apart if possible.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My thoughts still remain from the original thread. He has given us enough credentials already for NASA/JPL to identify him and his friend.

Timeframe - End Of Jan. 2009
Employer - JPL/NASA
Job - Sr. Software Engineer (maintain code for Spirit's movement and experiments)
We know they were hands on - "This was the mystery my colleague and his team were engaged in solving"
We know they did things "possibly never" done before - "The practice of dumping memory... rarely (possibly never) performed on a vehicle in space"
We know how much memory was pulled - "about 7 MB"
Rich had sudo JPL/NASA access - "He had been given unofficial sudo (admin) access"
*** What is unofficial sudo? How do you become an unofficial admin? You either have sudo or you don't. If NASA is giving out unofficial sudo access to their data... don't you think that's a very large national security issue?

Ok all that being said... I have not read the rest of the story but will go finish reading it at some point... Because it is a FUN READ.

BUT REALLY ATS... with all of the information posted up above from his original thread... don't you think there would be an investigation? You don't think NASA or JPL could figure this out? Can we ATS? I'm sure we could come close... know anyone with a JPL employee list for the end of Jan. 2009?

He stated he went through lots of trouble to change things about his story... BS!~ More evidence than OJ.

Has anyone thought of how much more it would cost to sneak on an extra piece of equipment on to a spacecraft? It messes up all of the numbers if you add 1 gram to the craft. You don't just put an extra FTL tech on a craft and hope no one knows. When and who had time to sneak it on and change all the numbers without someone noticing the extra weight and power needed?

I DON'T BUY IT... I will however read it... as I would any SiFi!~

I believe the original thread was closed because Mods were trying to contact him to no avail... personally I'm glad they are taking an aggressive approach on what looks and sounds like BS. Especially when you can provide all of this info about you and nothing to actually verify.

Very different from a Blossom Goodchild... because those were aliens in her brain... whole different story there. Hard to ever prove your story there. This can be verified very easily... it has not been.

How long until Mr. Mask finds this thread is my question... I say not long till we see a page and a half.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by djcubed]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Don't you find it a bit odd that conveniently the story went as to not leave anything with what it could be proven?

"we deleted all the data because we were paranoid"

Surely they could have encrypted the data on a usb stick and hidden it so it could not be found, and present the evidence as he told this story. But now we only have a story.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't get it. The guy posts a little here on ATS, says he will come back, and now posts a "book" on another website? What is this, writers block?

I didn't reader further, than Chapter2. If you call it "Chapter 2", you're a writer.

No disrespect to the man, but if you have something to say - "Spit it out"! I'm not going to read through 'chapters'

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I started to read his story. I read the first two chapters that were on ATS then I took a gander at the rest on the site linked here and it's just so redundant on the tech side of things that it's boring. I want to know the crux of the story not every little detail about packet sniffing, memory dumps etc etc. It's volumes and volumes long in the teeth. Get to the point and the point, I think, as I skipped to the end was there is something on Mars that is in pictures that he knows some black part of the gubmint is covering up and manipulating the images but then because he gets scared he deletes all the proof. Wow. So after all that he wipes his copies but it's ok because his friend Rich has his copies. If this story is true then can you possibly play any further into their hands? If not it's like the 10 billion other threads that lead to nowhere.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I love how someone actually posting an incredibly detailed read is now hated upon here for not getting to the point. I have no idea whether the story is truth or not, but to me it seems much more likely to be true with the level of detail provided rather than a two paragraph post which sums things up.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Has anyone here read the "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" by Gary Zukav??

It explained quantum physics to the lay man. This book is a must! Maybe AstroEngineer read this....hmmm??

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If what he states is true, the implications of us knowing faster than light communications are far reaching. Who is censoring the images and of what is the next question. If it is just a story, it is entertaining and I await the sequel. I do not know if I would buy it as the writer relies too much on techno babble.

I am going to say that it is a well researched work of fiction. JPL would be a rather small place and it would be easy for them to figure out who the author is if it was true.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
AstroEngineer's thread is a perfect example of what I don't like about ATS.

Way too many skeptics and debunkers constantly attacking interesting information and over-moderation (except to do anything about the skeptics/debunkers).

Isn't this the reason John Lear left?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have a couple of traits that benefit me. For one, i have been around ATS for a long time. Another, i am fairly well spoken, and can strike up a good conversation with other intellectual types. But, most of all, i can keep my mouth shut. I have been told things, on this forum and otherwise, that would shock many people. I just don't share all my information, until i have another source to point to. To me, "knowing" is my purpose, and the secondary purpose is "sharing". I don't share what i am told not to share.

Over the course of my time, i have come to the following understanding:

There is a software package that applies algorithms to incoming images for the sake of editing. Clementine represented the first attempt with this technology. It proved craptacular, as we can all see. The process was improved for Mars (i am unsure what "improved" is, but i suspect it included adding human eyes to the algorithmic functions applied), and we can easily see this. There are far fewer missing data pieces, and you can see that the copy/pastes are far cleaner and more believable.

This guy, to me, seems legit. I am usually very reserved in declaring such things....but i know that the technique exists to do what he says because i have seen it in other images, such as Clemintine.

I can easily reconcile this guys story with my previous understanding. Yes, he is well spoken, but what do you expect from an engineer? He is a college graduate, and prone to intelligence and such.

You cannot shout down every whistleblower that comes around, and expect other whistleblowers to want to come forward. That is ridiculous.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

John Lear left because he and the site admins had an argument. Turns out John was right in the argument, but he had acted like his normal self, and pissed off the admins. So, until he apologizes they won't let him back. And until they beg him, he isn't coming back.

It is all because of ego, on everyones part. I call John my friend. but even he will tell you that he has a bad attitude.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

When's the last time an ATS whistle blower really had an impact on anything?

At least wikileaks makes the news... OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH that's right... they verify their sources and protect them. Not to mention have VIDEO OR PAPER PROOF!~

This has nothing... and when ATS mods attempted to verify... Got no responce. IT'S A PUBLIC FORUM... You can't hide your identity on ATS... sorry IT'S A FACT!~

From ATS Privacy Policy -

We use the information you provided about yourself at registration to authorize your access when you post messages on our discussion forum. We also record IP address you're using at the time of each posted messages.

Not very private at all... Ever hear of a secure website?

[edit on 8-4-2010 by djcubed]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

So, in a nutshell, what exactly is so great about what that member has been posting?

I read "some" of his stuff but got really boring as he obviously is expanding his story so much that it feels like reading a boring book imo.

Most of what i read from him is common knowledge if you have spent some time learning about quantum mechanics. So, in a few sentences, what exactly has he written about that is so interesting?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'd much prefer there was little to no censoring of information and threads (excluding obvious spam etc). Perhaps the mods ought to give the readers a tad more credit and let us decide what we want to read! The star system is a good means to gauge threads, I don't understand why they need to decide what is deemed acceptable for the masses ... The irony is almost comical when you think about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
lol, wtf ppl.

"i dont wanna read it", "but tell me what it says"

ok, for the self acclaimed "lazy" people..
and the other lazy people....

we will sum this up for you quick like...
(even though the gist of his story is within these 2 pages!, yet youre still asking)

NASA sends rover to Mars...

DoD, or some other alphabet agency.. equips rover with technology not known to many NASA employees (if any)..

they use that technology, to receive and look at the images before the images get back to NAZA.

they use FTL communication for this,
without the people working on the actual project.. (nasa ppl)
even knowing its happening.

Rover takes pictures...
DoD intercepts smaller versions of the pictures,
far before NASA ever sees them.
They then edit these pictures, or delete them.. or whatever else they do.

So once the DATA/Pictures, get back to NASA~
they have already been looked at and 'edited'~
again... w/out the NASA project folks knowing it is happening.. or even possible.

that is basically the gist of it.

and i havent even finished it yet.

that easy enough? lol

I also think this is rather well done, and quite believable.

more than just believable imo.

it's probably probable.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Ahmose]

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by djcubed

That is fine. we can reap what we sow.

Wikileaks has "big time" stuff. People who are willing to go all out. This gentleman isn't. Like me, he has a wife and kids. He wants to share what he has, but doesn't want to jeopardize the good in his life. I totally get that.

But, that isn't even the point. When i say "whistleblowers"....do you have any idea how many "insiders" i have gotten valuable information from? Any idea how many good people all the vitriol runs off?

If we allow the membership here to act like monkeys, we will only attract monkeys. If you happen to like playing with monkeys, that is ok, i suppose.

Far too many people on ATS believe that "Deny Ignorance" means "be rudely skeptical". I have quieted more than one of those in my time here on ATS. But not everyone has such patience. Especially someone who just wants to share information without being crucified.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
i read the first post or two and got bored out of my mind. despise the ol' wait for the big reveal while i go on and on and drop cryptic bs here and there in a (for some) futile effort to create suspense.

on the other hand, our problem with having to read too much or having to wait is our problem not his. if a poster chooses this method for his post, i don't have a problem with it. i can't stand it and i'll move on and i may miss something for this reason. but that's not astroengineer's problem unless he chooses it to be his problem.

i routinely skip over posts all the time because they're just too long, as i'm sure many of you all do. again, it's a risk that we'll miss something good because i firmly believe our attention spans are weakened by technology. and i'm often one to post too long posts (like this one, for example), so i'm sure my ideas and opinions suffer (in terms of quantity of eyeballs).

but i think it find it utterly inconsistent that anything was done to astroengineer's post. like i said, i lost interest and still don't have any in his story, but compared to the massive amount of detritus on this website, i can't fathom why his thread would be fooled around with over anyone else's.

if evidence is now criteria for these kinds of posts, the good news is that the number of threads on ats should be readable in about fifteen minutes, as opposed to the two lifetimes it would now require.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by Hadrian]

[edit on 4/8/2010 by Hadrian]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join