It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who had been following AstroEngineers thread...Full Story is now available

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I fully agree with you... But... This sight is owned by ATS. That means you have to follow thier rules. If you don't... you get shut down. Same as any other form of media. Either play ball or don't.

Well writen stories of historical fiction belong in a bookstore. ATS requires a "little" more proof... NOTICE "LITTLE". Most threads here have SOME sort of verifiable proof.

You can talk the talk all you want. Most of us want to see the walk. When I finish reading I will come back and post my thoughts on the rest of the book... but from what I read already and all the info he's given... I'm sure his wife and kids and grandmother and dog and fish are already at risk.

"JOHN" GET OUT NOW!~ THEY ARE ON TO YOU!~

I relate this thread to the guy with the rockinghorse ghost or John Titor. But you see the rockinghorse has a video and John has photos and such. That's all we here at ATS are looking for. Something to varify your claim. Otherwise IT'S A CAMPFIRE STORY!~

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by djcubed

typically, the way ATS would deal with such things is to move it to Skunkworks, not shut it down.

Of course, they can shut it down all they want. I am not worried about that. I am worried about the other members who fall on new people with new information like vultures on a new piece of roadkill.

From what i can tell, about 20% of ATS are intellectual, about 20% are completely nuts. The other 60% are people who are in competition with each other to be rude

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
From what I read, its a story. I have to agree unless you add something to begin with, like observable facts, or verification of claims, people desert threads.

It is known to happen here!

I can understand them closing down the pages of text, without merit.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Interesting story.
The only part that I can find a problem with is in chapter 11.

"Initially I just assumed there had been a power issue in the building, but then I noticed that clock of mine was still telling the right time.”

Even if your computer reboots or is shut down while someone clones your drive, the date/time will not fall behind as long as the little cell battery on the motherboard has enough voltage to keep the internal clock going even if you pull the power cord.

If he is referring to a desktop clock or something like that then the above is not noteworthy.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

To sum up the story:

The DoD has a Quantum Entanglement Communicator on board the Mars Rovers so certain special higher-ups can instantly communicate with the rovers rather than waiting due to the speed of light.

As someone pointed out on the blog, a QEC (quantum entanglement communicator) if it actually works would provide instant, undetectable, unjammable communications between 2 people.

It wouldn't surprise me of this story was true and that the DoD has this QEC technology buried in a top secret special access program.

What is the first thing the U.S. govt does when waging a war? Destroy the enemy's communications systems, their command and control systems. If QEC technology was in widespread use it could make it extraordinarily difficult to do that.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by djcubed

From what i can tell, about 20% of ATS are intellectual, about 20% are completely nuts. The other 60% are people who are in competition with each other to be rude

AGREED!~ That's why we need to pave the way with intelligent debating and leave the name calling at home... I'm with you!~

I'm still standing firm in the fact he says he doesn't want to give away his identity and already has. Making this all just a great read. I say... it's a famous author. Because anyone who hacks into a NASA database while they work for the company knows YOU DON'T GO POSTING A BLOG ABOUT IT!~

Think about what would happen if you or I did the same thing. Even at my company... we would have IT all over it!~ Every computer has a full log of everything done on it. YES EVEN ADMINS!~ And I don't work for the gov.

We don't live in 1980 anymore... He's not Robert Redford... THIS ISN'T SNEAKERS... You get caught!~ Your family is safe... YOU GOTO JAIL!~

The searching through code thing is one matter... the leaving a program running all night on a NASA computer while it searchs for deleted files in all databases sounds like JAMES BOND. In real life you come in to work the next day and find an officer at your desk waiting to bring you to the concrete hotel!~

Ask Gary McKinnon... He used an admin account... and he wasn't even on a NASA computer!~

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by (C2C)
Maybe they wanted AstroEngineer to prove that he actually worked at NASA? I would not give up my identity either if that was the case.

I can understand people not wanting to reveal their identity online, too.

At the same time, don't come to ATS and claim you're the Secretary of Defense with an important message about a cover-up and not expect that sort of thing to be verified.

Asking people to do this, in cases like those, is essential in cutting down the hoaxes and frauds.

Otherwise ATS would lose all credibility.

What I expected was even less, that he simply respond to questions asked, and he couldn't even be bothered to do that.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
I don't get it. The guy posts a little here on ATS, says he will come back, and now posts a "book" on another website? What is this, writers block?

Building an audience I suspect.

Again, what mostly bothered me was that instead of discussing what he was claiming he just kept cutting and pasting his story. He would state that he planned to answer questions later but never really did.

I realized right off that this was his main agenda.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I was interested in seeing if I could find any packets from the mysterious data reviewer; not packets destined for the data server, but just unrelated packets to or from the data reviewer’s IP. Both times I did found packets from it. But what struck me as very curious was that the packets in the first session originated from a different MAC (network card) address than in the second session. It could have simply been that the IP was dynamically assigned and another computer had been assigned the IP, but that seemed unlikely. Another possibility I considered was that perhaps the data reviewer was run from inside a virtual machine stored securely on a flash drive, and could thus be moved easily from computer to computer. I was never able to find out which was the case.

Now here is where the story falls down. It really is in the little details. A MAC address is a permanent address (and NOT an IP address) that is burnt into the network device. It can be spoofed but that would have to be done deliberately and with intent. This guy should have known that, imo.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I followed AstroEngineers story from the start and this is my first post on the subject. All you guys who ''couldn't be bothered to read it'' then form a solid opinion that it's Bullsh should really evaluate your integrity. How can you claim to deny ignorance when you can't even read a few pages of text without giving up and saying it's Bullsh.

I have managed to secure quite a clear opinion of many members through this thread alone and will make a foe/ignore list in reflection of the ignorance of many posts here.

I am not saying I accept Astro's story as fact but at least I took the time to read the whole thing before throwing around some baseless opinion. Shame on members in the original thread, shame on members in this thread.

I can see why the mods closed it but I would like the original thread reopened and Astro notified so we can maybe have a discussion about it.

All those in favour say aye!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever

I was interested in seeing if I could find any packets from the mysterious data reviewer; not packets destined for the data server, but just unrelated packets to or from the data reviewer’s IP. Both times I did found packets from it. But what struck me as very curious was that the packets in the first session originated from a different MAC (network card) address than in the second session. It could have simply been that the IP was dynamically assigned and another computer had been assigned the IP, but that seemed unlikely. Another possibility I considered was that perhaps the data reviewer was run from inside a virtual machine stored securely on a flash drive, and could thus be moved easily from computer to computer. I was never able to find out which was the case.

Now here is where the story falls down. It really is in the little details. A MAC address is a permanent address (and NOT an IP address) that is burnt into the network device. It can be spoofed but that would have to be done deliberately and with intent. This guy should have known that, imo.

Actually, this is consistent - the author is saying the same thing you are: that this is "very curious." DHCP servers are supposed to keep track of expired bindings and reallocate the same IP to the same MAC if exhaustion hasn't caused churn in the pool. The author is saying it would be unexpected to see a new MAC address associated with the same IP address. The author goes on to hypothesize as to why this would happen. For example, if it were statically allocated to a virtual machine which was being moved between different physical machines.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by JohnnyElohim]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by staple
Interesting story.
The only part that I can find a problem with is in chapter 11.

"Initially I just assumed there had been a power issue in the building, but then I noticed that clock of mine was still telling the right time.”

Even if your computer reboots or is shut down while someone clones your drive, the date/time will not fall behind as long as the little cell battery on the motherboard has enough voltage to keep the internal clock going even if you pull the power cord.

If he is referring to a desktop clock or something like that then the above is not noteworthy.

I agree with this. If he were referring to the machine clock we have two things to suggest it should be accurate (or very close to accurate) no matter what. The first in my mind is that one would expect JPL to employ NTP or SNTP to keep accurate time wherever possible. This would cause any drift to be corrected fairly quickly. Longer gulfs take longer to correct as NTP is a little "suspicious" and tries to avoid jumping around by hours at a time, but still. The second is what you implied - the CMOS battery.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

Ah, I see...I misread it. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by PhotonEffect

So, in a nutshell, what exactly is so great about what that member has been posting?

I read "some" of his stuff but got really boring as he obviously is expanding his story so much that it feels like reading a boring book imo.

Most of what i read from him is common knowledge if you have spent some time learning about quantum mechanics. So, in a few sentences, what exactly has he written about that is so interesting?

Seriously? So you're familiar with quantum mechanics, but a real-world application of entanglement doesn't interest you in the slightest? That's like saying I'm bored of a person's claim of having traveled through time because it's nothing exciting to someone who has read about an Einstein-Rosen bridge.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Don't forget Dan Goldin already told us that Bobby Ray Inman was controlling the Mars Program at JPL.
No surprise data is going to the NSA, that's not NASA.

How did the radio equipment get on the Rover? Every gram is accounted for in the launch.

Joseph Skipper's book on Mars is coming out soon, maybe the MSM will pay attention.

Oh excuse me, they're covering Tiger Woods. I forgot.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So if NASA are smart enough to employ superliminal technology to obfuscate every anomalous image sent back, how come they are also dumb enough to have goofed so many times?
I've seen photos of crinoids, spinal columns, something like a dinner plate, metal boxes, 'bleeding' rocks, that rock that kept moving around in between shots and more, including what was posted here earlier.

Didn't anybody think ' If we're going to pass up our chances of a Nobel, fame and fortune for pushing back the frontiers of science by quantum (sorry) orders of magnitude, maybe we'd better get somebody in to keep an eye on what's coming down via our groundbreaking new technology'?
Or: 'Hell, seeing as we let so many inexplicable anomalies out into the public domain with the Apollo Image Libraries and the Clementine mosaic images, why don't we just go for the Nobel, fame and fortune anyway?'

Isn't it just a tad strange that AstroEngineer seems completely unaware of all this? He found ATS, he's aware of the censorship accusations, how does he explain his ignorance of the evidence? Surely him and 'Mitchell' must have heard the stories about people's houses getting robbed and the computers being taken while the valuables were left behind, or the strange car crashes or suicides? All that effort and apparent risk and they had no idea where to go with the proof?
And of course couldn't AE have asked himself whether it was worth adding insult to injury by posting his story when he's got nothing to back it up with? I read all 13 chapters of it and if it really is true then he has my sympathy because he has wasted his time.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Just a few typos in AtroEngineer's blog:

What otherwise would be a messy conversation was not[now] easily followed, searched, filtered, etc.

we called the server which had sent this data the “radio server”, since it was as close as we could get to whatever was receiving the signals fro[for] the rover.

To our great relief it appeared to work perfectly, dumping and unbzipping[unzipping] the data to standard io (the screen).

Rick[Rich] said nothing more than, “Call me.”

The reasons cited were cutbacks related to the economy and the belief that some of his project’s mission goals could[be] rolled into future ESA and JAXA missions.

I think there were more before this point but I started copying and pasting when I really started noticing anomalies. Edit material should be around these brackets: []

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hmm, he wiped all the data ? Did he cancel his relationship with "Rick", the sysadmin that still works at NASA ? Can the collected material be reconstructed and used as proof ? I actually read all the blog posts (with some lenghty pauses) and came to the conclusion there was no conclusion. The story just ended with him leaving NASA and deleting all the material on his harddrive.

Next time. submit raw data logs and the actual images?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rhines

Theoretically, his friend Rich should still have all the data, unless he was spooked, too.

A real coup would be getting Rich to share.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Something everyone should consider:

The government doesn't care what you know. You can know the whole story, they could care less. You won't be killed for what you know.

It is what you can prove, are at least show substantial evidence of. THIS is what gets you killed, and puts you in harms way.

This guy says he changed some details to preserve his safety. It would seem that saying you deleted all your proof would be a way to help ensure safety. Me? I bet that if the story is true, he has it all on a thumb drive somewhere. You would have to be an utter fool to delete information like this. I am a data junkie. We don't delete stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join