It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who had been following AstroEngineers thread...Full Story is now available

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

OMG~!!! thx you so much ~!~~~~~~~~~!!!!

2nd line just in case..
)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Like one of the mods recently said, "we've been burned before, and we dont like to waste our time with people who appear to be making an attempt to make a mockery of ATS." Thats a very loose paraphrase.

In my opinion, it shows that ATS mods are reassuringly perceptive.

This 'guys' blog reads like a novel.

It, is an attempt from an author to run a manuscript by willing readers, from the target audience.

Besides, i think 'John', should be 'Joanna', based on the writing style.

John, i suggest thinning out a bit, too much padding.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Thanks OP - I had forgotten about the thread, since it disappeared.

I agree that ATS mods kill some of the best threads, but in this case we had a guy slow walking the thread for whatever reason and there was a full on attack by thread killers. That attack turned people off & buried the info on the thread so deeply that most people can't afford the time it takes to sift through all the crap to read the actual thread.

They can't really do any worse as the thread was effectively killed for most before they shut it off.

When I see threads like that with so many side arguments along with other good & bad posts it tells me there are some professionals deliberately trying to bury it.

AstroEngineers thread was a typical thread you see on ATS every few months. No doubt many of them are hoaxes, but I'm sure there is some truth in some.

At least ATS attempts to give us a place to discuss this stuff better than any other I know of - though I agree the current flavor of ATS is candy coated in order sell it to advertisers with healthy pocketbooks - it still is the best at what it does.

As far as the original topic. I haven't finished the complete thread, it sounds like something that Richard Hoagland would write about. Maybe Hoagland hired a professional writer.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
i'm reading ch 7 now, wow...i'm totally into this! To me, all of this deeply sounds plausible!!!!!! I can understand what he's writing, and definitely sounds like is says who it is..

In pertaining to my latest thread, i'm taking the suggestions for other members which keep suggesting that we READ what is being said... and base the persons characteristics UPON what you're reading ....

Based on what i've read thus far, I believe who he says he is.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

yea.. STAR for this comment for sure!!!!!! thx you!!! Took the words straight out of my mouth!

*looks at WE with a grin*.. you know what's funny, everyone is shouting about wanting disinfo.. but no one wants to believe it; even when it's staring them straight in the face!!

Dis-info is like human character, to which only TIME will reveal it's true nature.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I have come across tons and tons of things. Sometimes it disappears because it wasn't meant to be released.

I wouldn't tend to believe this if I hadn't seen it happen with my own eyes. I found and posted an aerial map of a US airbase in Northern Europe on a thread (Zorgons iirc) in late 2008. The image vanished from the web within 10 minutes and I pulled the link to my saved copy.

Likely it was sloppy of them to have aerial maps online (there's a war on right?), but ten minutes was a fast catch ...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

When i first started posting, around the same time that you are mentioning Zorgon, i thought that all who were mentioning this were just the hardcore conspiracy theorists who were prone to thinking that the ice in their drinks was ground up glass. the paranoid types.

then i saw it happening. it was happening with mars images/ things that slipped through.

This is why i like Exhuberants approach. He will show the image, but not where he got it. of course, people will complain (as they should). But, to me, his credibility is unquestionable. And this is more about informing myself than others (i have a small streak of selfishness, i guess
).

Besides, isn't information exchange based on trust?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Something everyone should consider:

The government doesn't care what you know. You can know the whole story, they could care less. You won't be killed for what you know.

It is what you can prove, are at least show substantial evidence of. THIS is what gets you killed, and puts you in harms way.

This guy says he changed some details to preserve his safety. It would seem that saying you deleted all your proof would be a way to help ensure safety. Me? I bet that if the story is true, he has it all on a thumb drive somewhere. You would have to be an utter fool to delete information like this. I am a data junkie. We don't delete stuff.

Try compromising agents in the field with information that you just "know" and can't prove and see how long your life lasts. While largely true I think there are some exceptions to your concept of "The government doesn't kill you for what you know, only what you can prove."

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LuxFestinus

Well, of course. There are very few statements that one could make that would prove true in every situation, especially where human behavior is involved.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by djcubed

reply to post by djcubed

From what i can tell, about 20% of ATS are intellectual, about 20% are completely nuts. The other 60% are people who are in competition with each other to be rude

AGREED!~ That's why we need to pave the way with intelligent debating and leave the name calling at home... I'm with you!~

I'm still standing firm in the fact he says he doesn't want to give away his identity and already has. Making this all just a great read. I say... it's a famous author. Because anyone who hacks into a NASA database while they work for the company knows YOU DON'T GO POSTING A BLOG ABOUT IT!~

Think about what would happen if you or I did the same thing. Even at my company... we would have IT all over it!~ Every computer has a full log of everything done on it. YES EVEN ADMINS!~ And I don't work for the gov.

We don't live in 1980 anymore... He's not Robert Redford... THIS ISN'T SNEAKERS... You get caught!~ Your family is safe... YOU GOTO JAIL!~

The searching through code thing is one matter... the leaving a program running all night on a NASA computer while it searchs for deleted files in all databases sounds like JAMES BOND. In real life you come in to work the next day and find an officer at your desk waiting to bring you to the concrete hotel!~

Ask Gary McKinnon... He used an admin account... and he wasn't even on a NASA computer!~

If you actually read the material and what the author himself has been saying about it, instead of bellowing out incessantly your own personal opinions of the matter, you wouldn't bother to ask such questions. For yourself, and others who likewise couldn't be bothered to take 30 minutes to read it, I'll quote his own words on the matter.

From his blog

I have stated clearly that some non-critical elements have been invented and others distorted such that suspicion would be cast upon many people. Only by doing so can anonymity be protected. I will thus not comment on the truth of any specific non-critical item like this.

I read a clever murder-mystery book a few years ago and in it the main character was trying to get away with the murder of his boss. He realized he could not count on leaving NONE of his own DNA at the scene of the crime, that was just not practical (and very likely was impossible). Instead he did the easier thing, he quietly collected and then left lots of other coworkers’ DNA at the crime scene. The police were thus less likely to find the main character’s DNA, and even if they found his, they still had no ability to pin the crime on him.

And as for dubious concerns about people tracing his IP address from his blog website, this should shed some light.

Rich is a security freak. Most of what I’ve learned has been a result of his paranoia, curiosity, coding, and resourcefulness. I mean to one day share the approach he taught me for anonymously accessing the web. I’ve seen no more exhaustive approach described online. He takes no shortcuts with security. Maybe he could, maybe you’d be almost as good, but you couldn’t be better.

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt until the exhibit some characteristic that seems unreasonable. This guy has mentioned an astronomical *nudge* amount of highly technical data and hasn't slipped on any of it so far. If there are any holes in his methodology, you haven't pointed them out yet.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
AstroEngineer,

Even though you are banned i'm sure you're still reading these posts. The details you give about Spirit, faster than light bandwidth transfer, and an extra device being found would be highly classified. For you to expose this would put you, your friend "Rich", your families and your friends at high risk of death.

The story ends with a colleague of yours being blamed for your actions. He has his house broken into and laptop, computers stolen. He retires and so do you...after a few months. That alone is very, very suspicious which leads me to believe that this story will be sitting on the fence until you provide proof of your employment with NASA. Good story.

Until then..

[edit on 9-4-2010 by magnetix]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

MY big furry friend, it is also rather obvious (to me) that this might also be one of those strange instances where the PTB want a little of this tech info to slip out, just to muddy the waters a tad; after all, the majority will not believe without tangible proof, but yet now, it does raise eyebrows in some circles and does stimulate thought and incentives for research.

Like you, I have been actively researching most of these interesting anomalies since the 4th or 5th grade, and even back then (mid 60's for me) there was a plethora of photos and accounts available to stimulate the mind.

seeker

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Something everyone should consider:

The government doesn't care what you know. You can know the whole story, they could care less. You won't be killed for what you know.

It is what you can prove, are at least show substantial evidence of. THIS is what gets you killed, and puts you in harms way.

This guy says he changed some details to preserve his safety. It would seem that saying you deleted all your proof would be a way to help ensure safety. Me? I bet that if the story is true, he has it all on a thumb drive somewhere. You would have to be an utter fool to delete information like this. I am a data junkie. We don't delete stuff.

Just thought this was worth repeating. You sir are exactly correct. There's no way in hell AE deleted the files without a backup hidden somewhere-think logically, this is the only way he could protect himself and his family from TPTB.

Sort of creates a checkmate situation. He can't provide the proof without fear of retaliation and DOD can't waterboard him for fear of Nat'l security exposure. Saying he deleted it makes him no worse than any other crackpot as far as TPTB concerned.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

Here's a far left idea... What if the mars rovers were still on earth?

Yep, I figured someone would beat me to it. Saw glimpses of "Capricorn !" on cable a few months ago...for those unfamiliar...was about a faked man mission to mars, and one control room puke found that the communications were intentionally being delayed or were not delayed enough...he soon disappeared.

Could apply to this story, but doubtful...Does anyone have a sat pic of Mars with a rover in it?...hmmmm...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Kandinsky

This is why i like Exhuberants approach. He will show the image, but not where he got it. of course, people will complain (as they should). But, to me, his credibility is unquestionable. And this is more about informing myself than others (i have a small streak of selfishness, i guess
).

Thanks BFFT, that means alot coming from you.
=

It is only rarely that I don't post the image data. I'd say 98 percent of the time I provide it, but there are those few instances when one must withhold.

(I'm not jealously guarding the information or anything like that, I just do not wish to deny future researchers ready access to the image. Anyhow, I usually provide the image numbers when asked privately.)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
a conspiracy is some thing that can NOT be proven. if you have evidence it is no longer a conspiracy. yes?

No, a conspiracy is when two or more people get together to conspire to do something.

What you are thinking of is a conspiracy theory, which is a theory generated to explain something as being the product of a conspiracy. If evidence supporting the conspiracy theory is provided, then it is a confirmed or evidentiated conspiracy theory...

Jaden

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
op i must confess i was one of the people who called for the thread to be locked untill he was done getting his story written down. i don't know if i believe his story or not, it certainly is interesting and plausible.

the other reason i asked for it to be locked was because of the 7 pages or so of rudeness, half of which was written over a couple of hours after he'd gone offline, like he was supposed to magically see it and respond. i'm sure he was scared away from all the nastiness.

there are perfectly civil ways to disagree with a member's story and in one post at that, than to fill several pages with reply after reply of rude disbelief. being verbose about how much of a liar someone is for four pages while the member is offline does nothing to deny ignorance, all it does is reveal a rude ego.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
AstroEngineer explains why he no longer posts on this forum.

Why I No Longer Post on Above Top Secret

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
well i've read it and i also think it strange he deleted everything.
but i wonder if he just said he deleted everything but didnt really do it.
he could have kept a copy hidden somewhere, after all thats what we'd all do, right? so why wouldnt he?
maybe he thinks that if he says he's got a copy hidden then TPTB will go all out to find it should they catch up with him in the future.

just my cryptic mind at work

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I find it totally inexcusable and very suspicious that Astroengineer is banned from posting on ATS.

I have read his entire story. It is detailed, well written, and VERY believable. In fact one of the best written and most believable that I have ever seen on ATS.

For anyone who has not the attention span to read the entire thing, the gist of it is that apparently on the Mars rovers there is a faster than light communications channel that sends thumbnails of every photo the rovers take to someplace in DOD who has the capability of stopping "inconvenient" images from ever being transmitted by the normal channel to NASA.

The implications of such a system and capability are mind boggling and it raises again the question of how much is being in my opinion illegally hidden by our totally out of control Federal government.

This is the third glaring instance I have seen on here of information being buried. It is beginning to appear this site has also been infiltrated by those who seek to suppress the release of information.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join