It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most hated movies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
OK,

First, "Oh! Brother", "Royal Tannenbaums", and "Big Fat Greek Wedding", are all at least passable.

How about just about anything by Vin Deisel! And I thought Keanu was a bad actor!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hey !!! Let's not be dissing on the Vin !!! He was HOT in XXX and Man Apart.

Trep !!! I totally agree, "Oh Brother..." SUCKED Big time..Peeee-ewwww !!!!!
Not only can I not stand GC, I also loathe John Turturro.

Movies I absolutely hate. Hmmm..you know, it's really hard to answer because I'm more inclined towards the movies I love and the ones I hate I usually wipe from my memory banks, but for purposes of this thread I will spend a few minutes trying to think of ones I really hate.

Ok. here's one. Man in the Moon. A very young Reese Witherspoon (which is why I rented it. She's so cute and sweet-looking) in one of those country dramas where you just KNOW something horrible and tragic is going to happen and of course it DOES. And it's pretty grisly too. In fact, I had nightmares for WEEKS after seeing this movie.

Any movie with Sylvester Stallone in it. He's such a total Puke-Oid.

Especially Cliffhanger. Another movie that gave me nightmares for weeks. And all it took was the first 5 minutes of the film when that woman falls. Jay-sus !!!!!! I just couldn't handle it.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Bring it on (blech, theres so much stereotyping of teenagers in here its disgusting)

the abyss (what the hell was with those alien things??)

bean (stupid stupid)

grind (stupid skater movie)

day after tomorrow (the drama and the characters in the movie were really lame, not the plot)

confessions of a teenage drama queen (blech this movie sucked! my little sister made me watch it!)

lizzie macguire movie (ugh that sucked too)

Welll I guess i have more than 5 lol. Theres just too many stupid movies to pick from.

XL5

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The abyss was ok. I hate to say it, but T3 was a let down. The only perks were: killer fembot in tight suit and destruction. No emersive plot, no sense of power like the 2nd had, no image and the end was uh...

blair witch
A.I. - half way through it turned to a sob story

mentaly "bloked" the rest.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
"The English Patient"

Oh the Pain!!! What a steaming pile of poo!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I generally hate anything with Billy Crystal in it. Or Meg Ryan...

So that makes When Harry Met Sally el-bomb-o Numero Uno!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Anything that says "From the makers of XXX" in the commercial. Charlies Angels (the new ones) any movie of that style.

Stupidest movie ever: Zoolander

But it's funny so I will watch when it comes on TV.

I hated Lost In Translation it had no dynamic characters, little plot, and the jokes weren't funny. The trailer made it look like a comedy. To top it off the movie simply ended with no conclusion. :bnghd:

I liked Forrest Gump and Oh brother...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogueX
Stupidest movie ever: Zoolander
But it's funny so I will watch when it comes on TV.

I totally agree with zoolander being one of the most funniest movies. It's right up there with Freddy Got Fingered, Bean, and Naked Gun(all of them), and Johnny English, as being a classical comedy.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Mr. Magoo

Super Mario Bros.

I'm sure Garfield will make the list by the time I accidently catch it on cable.

On the other hand, I find films like Popeye, The Master Of Disguise, and Howard the Duck so compelling in their bizarreness that I actually like them. I've seen Master of Disguise like 6 times already--though I warn you, it's not for the faint of heart!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I sat though Master of Disguise and the only time I laughed was later when it fell off the entertainment unit and broke.
It wasn't me, honestly.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
Mr. Magoo

Mr Magoo was hilarious i like Leslie.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottsquared
First, "Oh! Brother", "Royal Tannenbaums", and "Big Fat Greek Wedding", are all at least passable.

Well, I fell asleep in the last 2, so I consider this less than passable.

JustAnIllusion

Why you dissing Grind? I thought it was funny. Do you hate all skaters movie or just this one?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogueX
I hated Lost In Translation it had no dynamic characters, little plot, and the jokes weren't funny. The trailer made it look like a comedy. To top it off the movie simply ended with no conclusion. :bnghd:

Are you kidding? Maybe you have to be the right age for Lost in Translation.

Any guy at or around that mid-life crisis area that's come this close to that "perfect fling" with the gal half his age...sat through that movie in abject horror.

God, do I look that old? That's just wrong. Am I that unfunny, when I try to be funny? Please, don't let them get together...it'd be great, but it'd be wrong.

Then what happens, happens (won't give it away) and it's like the nicest little morality play I've ever seen. The "lost in translation" has nothing to do with Japanese...it's the generations, man versus women, all that jazz.

My take anyway.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I found "Jurassic Park" to be painful to watch. It was pretty awful the first time (and I had been looking forward to seeing it), and since I stupidly promised another friend I'd go catch it with her, I practically writhed through the second screening.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
JustAnIllusion

Why you dissing Grind? I thought it was funny. Do you hate all skaters movie or just this one?

Just this one. I thought it was stupid, but hey my bro loved it. Both of us skate.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Right off the bat, I hate Forest Gump.

sinner. forest gump was awsome.

"GUMP! whats your soul purpose in this army?"

"TO DO WHAT EVER YOU TELL ME DRILL SARGENT!"

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
"Pearl Harbor" what a waste of time and money.

D

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Any movie based on a game. (Mario, Mortal Kombat..though Mortal kombat was somewhat amusing) I hate how people try to inject plot where there is none. Resident Evil was an exception though. It was a reasonable standard. Also I have a hatred for Pirates of the Carribean. Dragged out too long and didn't get to the point. Going to this island then to that, just got a bit drawn out.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
ill do mine by catagories

Worst Sci Fi:
Battle Field Earth
Fahrenheit 451 (good plot though looked corny)
Wing Commander
Godzilla
The Core
Time Cop
Robo Cop III
Starship Troopers (not teribly bad,shoulda stayed closer to the book though)

War:
When Trumpets Fade
The Thin Red Line(war is helll boyos, no use crying about it
)
Pearl Harbor (Bruckheimer needs to stay away from war movies, war movies should have a restraining order against him!!!)
Enemy At The Gates(if your going to use historical characters, TELLL THE FREAKING TRUTH WITH THEM, and you dont knock up your girlfriend while jerry is half a block away!)

thats all for now having a brain fart so ill maybe continue later.

[Edited on 6-25-2004 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Without a shadow of a doubt, the worst movie ever made was The Fast and The Furious. That movie was so bad I got physically ill. A close second was Save the Last Dance. How many more of these "white people can't dance" movies must we suffer through.
Showgirls, I have never laughed so hard in my life. What a waste of film that was. Elizabeth Berkley nude: gooood. Elizabeth Berkley acting: baaadd.

You Got Served: why do we decry the acts at Abu Ghraib, yet say nothing in regards to this"film".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join