It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maddow: Raw footage reveals O'Keefe lied about ACORN tapes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Maddow: Raw footage reveals O'Keefe lied about ACORN tapes

rawstory.com

Last week, California Attorney Gerneral Jerry Brown released some of O'Keefe's raw footage, which he obtained as part of an agreement not to prosecute O'Keefe for violating state privacy laws. Maddow reviewed several of the most severe distortions revealed by the footage, starting with O'Keefe's claim that he was wearing his outrageous pimp outfit when he visited the ACORN offices.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is not rocket science. This is out an out lies by O'Keefe and FOX news and the right wing blogsphere. As Brown says, the truth apparently lies on the cutting room floor. As Maddow points out.. the end was to shut down Acorn, means be dammed. And it worked. Wonder who is next.

Are there any real journalists left in the US?

rawstory.com

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by metamagic

This is not rocket science. This is out an out lies by O'Keefe and FOX news and the right wing blogsphere. As Brown says, the truth apparently lies on the cutting room floor. As Maddow points out.. the end was to shut down Acorn, means be dammed. And it worked. Wonder who is next.

rawstory.com

Sounds alot like how the Democrats pased HCR and how the rest of the MSM ramped up the propaganda machine to aid its passage. I've been wondering the same thing... are there any real journalists lieft in the US???

This is just more of the same old "right vs. left" nonsense!!! BOTH sides are guilty of fleecing the US!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ya, lets take score now

a political machine destroyed a organization that gave voice and help to the bottom ladder of society.

No doubt the pro-government pro-elitism will hail this as a good thing, or minimise it by being simple left/right typical actions without sighting any comparible sources.

Lets recap. A fabricated lie of a video swayed and hijacked congress into attacking a people organization, fueled by a specific network news that fueled the disinfo.

I expect to see complete rage straight across the board by this serious flaw here.

I also expect monkeys to fly out of my butt..

Any means necessary to keep blacky down.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I just read the proof Maddow's is claiming should reverse the charges and the edited video comments by ACORN in regard to illegal trafficking. Maddow's entire argument consists of the the "pimp" was not dressed as a "pimp" when he left.

I have no doubt Fox News spins things for their own agenda. I have no doubt that ACORN employees may have contacted police and tried to gain more information from the "pimp" for this to report to the police. The only issue I see is that ACORN needs to work with their employees on how to respond to illegal issues.

I can agree with Maddow that overall there are issues within ACORN, but it does not excuse FOX news from tilting or slanting evidence to make the perceived outcome different.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thing is, people almost went to prison for this guys fake videos..there needs to be some responsibilty here, but there wont be...and I would bet dime to dollar that Faux news will barely mention this little tidbit on their network since they already martyred the liar.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I just read the proof Maddow's is claiming should reverse the charges and the edited video comments by ACORN in regard to illegal trafficking. Maddow's entire argument consists of the the "pimp" was not dressed as a "pimp" when he left.

That, and the fact that the man they were speaking to got as much info as possible about the specifics, then called the cops (omitted), that the woman was giving inspiration to the fake pro to keep trying to get a home and not give up (where it was meant to look like she was giving advice on how to become a proper pro), etc etc etc.

It is a endless stream of edited chopshop to portray something it simply isn't...like photoshopping a football game crowd and some old nazi footage to prove footballers are cheering for killing jews.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Wouldn't him not being dressed as a pimp only be a technicality.
Did they not still provide info on how to open a brothel of under aged kids for prostitution. And then give him the info on how to declare them as dependents for tax purposes. I don't think it matters even if he was dressed as Ronald McDonald.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pedroroach

Did they not still provide info on how to open a brothel of under aged kids for prostitution.

No, they did not.

And then give him the info on how to declare them as dependents for tax purposes.

No, they did not.

I don't think it matters even if he was dressed as Ronald McDonald.

You need to actually watch the video. What he was wearing was the LEAST OF IT. They edited out what was really being said and pieced back together what apparently you think you saw. What happened was that they asked questions about trying to do those things and were met with more inquiries followed IMMEDIATELY by reports to the police. Nowhere in any of the videos does anyone give any advice on how to smuggle anyone or prostitute anyone.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Thing is, people almost went to prison for this guys fake videos..there needs to be some responsibilty here, but there wont be...and I would bet dime to dollar that Faux news will barely mention this little tidbit on their network since they already martyred the liar.

People lost jobs because of this too. Lots of people, including the man in the video who called his brother right after to report them. What a great person that Okeefe is. In a recession, he puts good people out of work in the name of lies. Sean Hannity's little hero got innocent people fired from their jobs for what?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pedroroach

Did they not still provide info on how to open a brothel of under aged kids for prostitution. And then give him the info on how to declare them as dependents for tax purposes. I don't think it matters even if he was dressed as Ronald McDonald.

no...they didn't...thats the whole point. That was the edit job to make it "appear" that way to sell it to conserva-extremist news organizations to envoke outrage against a social service that registers poor people.

Thats...the flipping point...its bunk...its all bunk...

the cops were called, the people never discussed how to start a great child prostitution ring without immediately calling the cops, etc. You have, if you believed it, been sold a hoax, a fraud..and you jumped on the government and corporate bandwagon to hammer a organization for the people. well done.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Sean Hannity's little hero got innocent people fired from their jobs for what?

Ratings and corporate sponsorship of course.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I can see those monkeys from here... no wait - it's MY butt they're flying out of (as well)!!!

There will be plenty of rage, that's for sure - it's what sells!

gj

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight... O'Keefe pulled a Michael Moore???

Ain't it amazing how when one side does it, it's called investigative journalism but when the other side does it it's called lying!?

Completely, utterly predictable!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Ok I had to reread the story. Now where can I watch the unedited version so I can make sure that this isn't being spun in the opposite direction?

[edit on 7-4-2010 by pedroroach]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
So, let me get this straight... O'Keefe pulled a Michael Moore???

Ain't it amazing how when one side does it, it's called investigative journalism but when the other side does it it's called lying!?

Completely, utterly predictable!

Not at all. Michael Moore never pretended to be anything but a producer who tailors his documentaries to his political beliefs. Which the audience knows before watching the film. While O'Keefe presented his video as actual documentation of an event that was not altered due to political bias. When in fact it was an altered video made to fit his agenda.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Edits or no edits, for all we know it is not still a he said/she said situation?

Or does the raw footage contain the missing 17 minutes of the Nixon tapes as well?

Ultimately there were things being done of questionable content with ACORN and voter registration. The funding of such a group by the Federal government does not set well with many people.

Could this not be let go as "for the greater good" or does that not fall under "justice" well enough for some who have other interests at stake?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The issue isn't OKeefe at all in my opinion...the guy is soon to be prison meat for more nonsense he contributed to...the issue is faux news being hijacked by this nonsense to begin with, ramming it down the throats of people as truth

[edit on 7-4-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Its all fun and games until your tactics get used against you. Yeah, I'm not exactly shedding any tears over here. MSNBC can cry me a friggin' river, especially considering their ridiculous antics over the last several years.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by metamagic

rawstory.com

Sounds alot like how the Democrats pased HCR and how the rest of the MSM ramped up the propaganda machine to aid its passage. I've been wondering the same thing... are there any real journalists lieft in the US???

This is just more of the same old "right vs. left" nonsense!!! BOTH sides are guilty of fleecing the US!

It isn't about the Democrats it's about Fox news spreading more lies to further there agenda. If you want to address Democrat lies then make a thread. Don't try to confuse the issue. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join