It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maddow: Raw footage reveals O'Keefe lied about ACORN tapes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If you are interested in arguing against the California Attorney Generals' findings (not just Maddow) and the evidence Maddow presents to prove the whole story was a hatchet-job WATCH THE WHOLE SEGMENT.

Stop saying the only evidence is that he didn't wear a pimp outfit!

When the Attorney General viewed the unedited portions of the tape it was clear to him there was deliberate manipulation with the intent to slander and misrepresent. The employee giving advice about how to be a good prostitute for example was actually answering a question regarding HOUSING difficulties.

Watch the question she is responding to, then try and defend the fraudulent version of the ACORN tape where it is claimed she is answering something regarding getting away with illegal activity.

In my opinion these two should be prosecuted and sued by the two employees who were penalized (one fired) for possible criminal activity. These two employees did their jobs, one even tried to gather information on the two in an attempt to have them arrested, and both were complete professionals.

James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles, heroes of the right and defenders of justice...need to be hit with slander.

Once again we are treated to FOX news' brand of "Fair and Balanced".
As an investigative journalist, I would have DEMANDED to see the entire film and not just run that guy-off-the-streets heavily edited version nationally, with trumpets blaring and incendiary declarations of outrage.

Who does that and calls themselves a news agency?
That is asking for trouble. FOX may be held legally responsible for this too.

This is worse than when Ashley Todd mutilated herself by carving a friggin' upside down "B" on her own face and claiming a black Obama supporter did it.

At least all she really ended up hurting was her foolish self.

Do people playing in this partisan game care about the facts or just winning by any psychopathic means necessary?

- Lee

[edit on 8-4-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Something I missed that was interesting:

NYT Public Editor Finally Admits ACORN 'Pimp' Hoax Reporting Failure: 'Times Was Wrong'

Clark Hoyt says in Sunday column 'editors considering correction' and concedes paper 'should have' covered report finding no criminality in 'heavily edited' sting videos.

"The Times was wrong…and I have been wrong in defending the paper's phrasing."

Even as the New York Times once again misreported the ACORN "Pimp" Hoax on its pages in a report on the community organization's possible declaration of bankruptcy in Saturday's paper, their Public Editor (ombudsman) Clark Hoyt finally admitted in his Sunday column , that both he and the paper were "wrong" in their reports about rightwing dirty trickster James O'Keefe's "pimp" costume, adding that "editors say they are considering a correction."
Alternet.or g

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm sure Glen Beck will be all over this one to tell his audience the facts!!! He is...after all...the first guy to play these videos.

I'm sure he'll take the time to fix his opinions of the video...he just wants the truth and is tired of the lies!!!!

He states it everyday.....come on Beck...

When this video originally came out....it looked legitimate to me....I may have made a thread about it back then.

Amazing how a simple editing job can change everything.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
Apparently you didn't read any of the comments, as Andrew Breitbart has announced he's more than welcome for a full screening with no edited (even from Maddow).

Maddow didn't edit, she included the edited pieces which in turn gave context. The Attorney General saw the entire video and concluded the exact same thing.

Again, what sort of news agency just accepts an edited copy of alleged allegations and doesn't attempt to view the whole tape?

FOX I guess.

Not that Breitbarts' argument even matters anymore:

Hannah Giles Explains Those Pimp and Prostitute Outfits

We never claimed that he went in with a pimp costume,” said Giles. “That was b-roll. It was purely b-roll. He was a pimp, I was a prostitute, and we were walking in front of government buildings to show how the government was whoring out the American people.” Washington Independent

*my bolds

B-Roll: supplemental or alternate footage intercut with the main shot in an interview or documentary.

So after all the hoopla FOX and friends made over this very fact, these two hoodlums later claim they were out front of some building demonstrating in pimp/pro regalia as a slap at the system and later edited this footage in and sold it off as "Pimp and Hoe goes to Washington"?

Time to let it go, mate.
You've been had.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by yellowcard
Apparently you didn't read any of the comments, as Andrew Breitbart has announced he's more than welcome for a full screening with no edited (even from Maddow).

Maddow didn't edit, she included the edited pieces which in turn gave context. The Attorney General saw the entire video and concluded the exact same thing.

Again, what sort of news agency just accepts an edited copy of alleged allegations and doesn't attempt to view the whole tape?

FOX I guess.

Not that Breitbarts' argument even matters anymore:

Hannah Giles Explains Those Pimp and Prostitute Outfits

We never claimed that he went in with a pimp costume,” said Giles. “That was b-roll. It was purely b-roll. He was a pimp, I was a prostitute, and we were walking in front of government buildings to show how the government was whoring out the American people.” Washington Independent

*my bolds

B-Roll: supplemental or alternate footage intercut with the main shot in an interview or documentary.

So after all the hoopla FOX and friends made over this very fact, these two hoodlums later claim they were out front of some building demonstrating in pimp/pro regalia as a slap at the system and later edited this footage in and sold it off as "Pimp and Hoe goes to Washington"?

Time to let it go, mate.
You've been had.

- Lee

Pretty funny. So they never claimed he wore that outfit in there. John Stewart played a clip of that blond haired fox-friend-from the morning making the statement that it was indeed the outfit he wore in there. I guess it is feudin' time!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Mr. O'Keefe claims to be a journalist, but he recently received an award for activist.

A gala dinner will be held Saturday night, with the presentation of the Ronald Reagan Freedom Fighter Award to James O’Keefe and Hannah Giles, the activists who conducted the videotaped stings that led to the community organization ACORN losing its federal funding.

Founded in 1934, the California Republican Assembly bills itself as the state’s oldest and largest Republican volunteer organization. Reagan called it “the conscience of the Republican Party.”

source

If that's the conscience of the party, it's a mighty guilty one. Shame on them!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join