It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, why worry?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
err i think this post is dead, unlike you of course- cos your already dead. er died?! whatever. you totally missed the point.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaka
err i think this post is dead, unlike you of course- cos your already dead. er died?! whatever. you totally missed the point.

This entire thread it seem's like you haven't made a point, I'm not trying to flame or troll you, I'm just saying if you made a point it was entirely missed. I tried to follow but it was like you jumped all over the place, as far as I could tell you were trying to say there is no need to worry because it is going to happen and it's a good thing? or is that not what you were going for?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Lately I've pondered over the human emotions along with fear teachings which can cause a person to become highly attached to situations or people, goals etc.

Fear is such a huge component to keep the attachment going.
Without the attachment via emotions and cultural teachings who would really care about all this stuff?

Death is a tremendous fear blended with emotional attachment allowing a lot of experiences to come our way which are unecessary imo.

aaah, but just try detaching from the extreme emotions brought on through our personal attachments and notice the pull and push.

I pondered on the fear/attachments toward life and death in myself and others for the last few weeks, but more specifically today, so thanks for the thread on 2012 fear stuff to help me compare it to my own personal evaluations at the moment.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by gypsy heart]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Awolscout

I understand your point...dont worry! And yes it ultimately is pointless but the fact still remains that people will worry anyways...its not always worry for myself. For instance, i have a 1 year old child, i am terrified that there is nothingness after death and i will be seperated from him and my partner for all eternity. Thats my worry, if the world ends then well it ends.

I would say that worrying about spending eternity without my son and partner is far more worth while worrying about than friends who have an over active imagination and cause their own anxiety!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

I understand your point...dont worry! And yes it ultimately is pointless but the fact still remains that people will worry anyways...its not always worry for myself. For instance, i have a 1 year old child, i am terrified that there is nothingness after death and i will be seperated from him and my partner for all eternity. Thats my worry, if the world ends then well it ends.

I would say that worrying about spending eternity without my son and partner is far more worth while worrying about than friends who have an over active imagination and cause their own anxiety!

People will always worry because we have been given many fearful teachings to feed into fear versus acceptance via emotion and teachings.

The 2012 teaching can play into your fear of loss of family by igniting it in other areas.

I'm recently adjusting to a death and this fear topic has hit me hard lately as I sort it out with acceptance / emotional attachments.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gypsy heart

Originally posted by jrmcleod

People will always worry because we have been given many fearful teachings to feed into fear versus acceptance via emotion and teachings.

The 2012 teaching can play into your fear of loss of family by igniting it in other areas.

I'm recently adjusting to a death and this fear topic has hit me hard lately as I sort it out with acceptance / emotional attachments.

I really have no reference point on either of you, I have no kid's or serious relationship's going on, and I've never known anyone that has died, but I will say that if there is truly nothingness after life, I really don't think there is. But if there is nothing but an eternal nothing, well that's not so bad is it? I know it can be viewed at as a negative but I know that some of my most peaceful moment's have been in pure silence, where I just sit in my room turn everything off and ponder thing's. I guess that's as close to nothingness as we can get in this life, sort of shutting the world off and spending time in our head's... and really I thought it was nice, my point being that if there is nothing... it's most likely better than a something.

And yes loss is hard to cope with, like I said I've never known anyone that died, but I did lose a cat once, which isn't me trying to equate that to death fyi, but for a kid who had just gotten moved to a new school when he was already having a hard time and the only thing he could confide in goes missing and was never found... it's not easy for a month or so I was torn up inside until one day I finally let it go... not easy to do but I stopped worrying about it and just imagined my cat was living in a palace somewhere.

I really think I may have just blown hot air for two paragraphs on accident
but I hope it helped...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awolscout

IAnd yes loss is hard to cope with, like I said I've never known anyone that died, but I did lose a cat once, which isn't me trying to equate that to death fyi, but for a kid who had just gotten moved to a new school when he was already having a hard time and the only thing he could confide in goes missing and was never found... it's not easy for a month or so I was torn up inside until one day I finally let it go... not easy to do but I stopped worrying about it and just imagined my cat was living in a palace somewhere.

I forgot to thank you for your cat story.

again it's my understanding that loss (and a lack of understanding surrounding the acceptance around that potential loss) is like you said a real fear drive spiralling into complexities.

Although I've had parents die and family members and best friends, one best friend through a suicide, my mother through a complex desire to get cancer and depart, however my current grief is over a 17 year old cat who died a few weeks ago.

That cat was more a part of my life because he lived in the house and slept my head each night, as opposed to the people who died ;<
(no I'm not a crazy cat lady...well, not quite that bad yet). I had an emotional bond with this cat apparently, even stronger than I realized, as it died of old age and yet I couldn't get him to actually die as I assisted him. (didn't want him to suffocate and suffer so I assisted him in euthanasia) He wouldn't take the sleep assist and fought through it to live with me. It creeped me out and his desperation to be with me and to live stunned me in a way I've never experienced.
The emotional pain I feel in his departure is a selfish loss but it's not any less emotional than the pain I felt when my mom died or my best friend, or my dad. Actually due to the surrounding desperation of my cat to live it was more painful.

so thanks for the cat story. You get that soul love is all the same.

That's likely why you can understand the fear/loss formula teachings and identify them easier.

thanks again for reading my poor written grammar as I'm still in this grieving stage of loss and so much doesn't matter anymore....even grammar and spelling. This recent death has caused me to review priorities in a way that I never have before and I'm pretty old now so I've had a long time doing it.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by gypsy heart]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
oopsy,

I accidentally posted over my last comment and deleted it by pressing edit in the existing comment rather than opening up an new reply. I'm not used to posting but usually only read.

anyway, the edited lost comment was me blowing a few paragraphs of hot air, replaced by a few new paragraphs of hot air.

still I liked you and your statement well enough to make the attempt so that speaks well of you in my opinion heh !
I like it when people identify, or attempt to identify, the tactics that imprison - like them even better when I agree with them.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gypsy heart

Haha thank you, I do try my best to empathize even if I don't fully understand, I find it's better to understand through feeling's than situation's. because every situation is different even two 30 year old men losing their 60 year old mother's are going to have differing situation's.

I'm glad it helped at all, I understand grief is hard to go through... even though I know that I haven't experienced it's full brunt yet, I know I will be over the next five year's or so, my grandparent's are both in their 80's now, my dad has MS that he's lived about 7 year's past when he was supposed to, and my mom and aunt's and uncles are starting to get to the age when my family start's dropping like flies from heart disease...

but Im glad I could help.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Here is the deal with the Mayan calender and that is it is the most accurate calender still on this planet. It also tracks how history repeats itself and can give specific dates when things can happen. An article I keep posting on here shows this with dates included. There seems to be a cataclysmic cycle of events and not so cataclysmic cycle of events that occurs within a certain amount of time and I believe the Mayan calender tracks this. Mayans were the first to show that history does repeat itself by the way.

www.onereed.com...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

The Mayan calendar is in fact a rough calendar. It is not accurate. It is based on a 365 day year. It misses a year by a quarter of a day. This is the type of calendar we discarded in 1582 for a more accurate calendar. The Egyptians had a calendar as good as the Mayan calendar millennia earlier.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Firstly thankyou for seeing the Shroud decoded clip I put up and pleased to meet you. Now regarding this Mayan thing calender Im like you worry does nothing. Regarding enlightenment about the end of the world. Look at all these people now dieing in floods and earthquakes and totalitarian wars. This is the end of their world it is the apocalyps of Revelation which has happened to them and can happen to any of us without warning. 2011 is only 3 months in and is surely becoming the most destructive year may God have mercy !!! Screw the 2012 hype we are witnessing the end of many peoples world and lives right now look at all the fish dieing

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by shroudnews77

The year 2011 is hardly the most destructive year. You can look up some of these events:
1. The Haitian earthquake 2010 316,000 dead
2. The Indonesian tsunami 2004 230,00 dead
3. The Iran earthquake 2003 43,000 dead

Need I list more. We live on a deadly planet in which large events can kill many people in a short period of time. It has happened before. It happens and it will continue to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join