It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Virus Grows Within

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
While I am not a follower of Nihibu ideas, I don't see how discussing it diminishes this web site.

If not for ATS, I probably wouldn't even know what it is, and wouldn't have had the chance to read about it, in order to reject it.

People write about many things on ATS that aren't even remotely proven.

But it's the presentation of these things, and the process of examining them and considering them which interests me.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Good, I'm not the Only one who tastes contaminants in this water supply. As a new ATS lurker my perusal of the forums leads me to all sorts or shady topics. Some are obviously the idiotic prattle one comes to expect to find like rot on the proverbial apple that is ATS. Some "Information" presented and "reaserch" shared seems even more devious leading me to assume that someone is very deliberately poisoning this watering hole. I will admit though that the biggest threat to the welfare of those who partake in the waters of this foutain is the ignorance of some of the many gathered. For instance people who condemn "Christianity" because of the churches that bear the name, even though wit a tiny amount of research one could discern for themselves there has been no Christian institution since the conception of the catholic church. Find me a "christian" organization that wasn't borne from the catholic and I'll find you their Catholic doctrine. So Stop hating Christianity as you've never known it, and direct your distrust and disgust at "christianity" as you know it.... The Name taken with no right by Catholicism an obviously evil institution. They are hiding something from you by convincing you that you don't want to look at it. How do they silence a revolutionary? by besmirching his name and destroying him publicly so no one in the ignorant masses will value anything they have to say. We see this happen to people who are revealing truth in our day what makes you think it hasn't been done a million times over a million years??

I guess what i was trying to say is don't drink to much water from the public pool.... people pee in there.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Signed_X]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

So you are at a conspiracy site.

What exactly would you like to discuss? Do you want to talk about things that are easily proven? Sports maybe? How about if we talk about cars?

What exactly do you think should be discussed here?

I know that if I want to talk about space aliens, conspiracies, and the possibility that we might not know exactly what kind of solar system we actually live in, I come to sites like this.

If I want to talk about other things that do not entail catastrophic doom, I go to other sites.

So you say we have a virus of people that don't except the reality they are fed. Instead they attempt to figure things out on their own. If this bothers you, maybe you should stick to CNN.com, that way you can be told what to believe, and you can accept that info, and not question it.

If you think NASA tells the truth 100% of the time, you are in for a rude awakening.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
When 2012 has come and gone, these folks will be out of business.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Oooops... Disinfo agents emergence reunion... Wrong thread... My bad.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LuckyStrike

With so many earthquakes occurring all over the world, due SOMETHING going on this solar system, are you sure that YOU will be here in 2012???

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP
reply to post by OvernightGuy

exactly, you have to question everything continually.

but when people start blindly following something just because they like it, or want to belong to a group, thats unhealthy.

im not gonna argue with people all day about whether or not it exists. but they have to do the research before they start trying to convince others.

nobody can honestly say that it does or doesnt exist, we just dont know. and thats why niburu cant be more than a belief at this point because it cannot be proven either way.

You just described everyone's belief about anything beyond the directly tangible.
Do you believe in aliens? UFO's?
God, Jesus, Allah?
Mohammed, Moses, Moroni, Buddha?
Yeti, Sasquatch, Nessie?
Annunaki?
Levitation, telekenisis, ESP?
Time travel, astral projection, time shifts?
Lone gunman?
New World Order?

I could go on. All those topics can be debunked because they lack the proof someone may need to give them credit as legitimate. They also have enough evidence for others to credit them as legitimate.
To each her/his own without the need for Thought Police.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
SANITY at last!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome thread. took the words out of my mouth! Star+ Flag

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
Oooops... Disinfo agents emergence reunion... Wrong thread... My bad.

And what makes you think that disinfo isn't what is causing this emergence of really shady topics?

BTW, you're sig for Gandalf should be "Folly, you fools". Bit of disinfo you're spreading there :p

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

It makes it much easier to thin the population when people are washed over in the belief of a coming planet cleanser. A natural occurence like an earthquake or hurricane can be blamed on an atmospheric device or blamed on a nearby dark star.

Both of which that either do not exist or cannot perform this type of influence.

I guess it is easier to except some grand destruction of their lives than to believe the earth is just going through some natural cycle and is influenced time to time by other solar bodies.

Oh well, in a couple of years maybe they will finally see and learn the truth. That we are tiny feeble specks spinning around on a rock and are at the mercy of the universe at all times.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott
reply to post by grantbeed

Oh well, in a couple of years maybe they will finally see and learn the truth. That we are tiny feeble specks spinning around on a rock and are at the mercy of the universe at all times.

HERE, HERE!! Amen and all that!! Probably the most profound revelation of truth EVER!!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
reply to post by LuckyStrike

With so many earthquakes occurring all over the world, due SOMETHING going on this solar system, are you sure that YOU will be here in 2012???

Actually looking at the evidence, there are no more earthquakes this year than there were last year.

Anybody who has any knowledge in these things will tell you that there is NOTHING out of the ordinary in regards to frequency of Earthquakes or any other natural disaster.

Yes, I am sure I wlll be here in 2012, unless I get hit by a bus or something completely random like that.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What worries me about the entire Nibiru thing, is if there is an incoming planet discovered, people will see that as verification of everything Sitchin said.

If a group of people had the knowledge of a planet entering our system from time to time, they could be using that to fool people into accepting whatever else they want.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

If I'm not, then you can say "I told you so!" And in the event that something catastrophic does happen to the planet, I'm pretty sure I don't want to be hanging around too much during and afterwards.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I hold these Nibiru believers in the same light as i do Christians and Muslims and i think it's strange you consider them seperate. Still that isn't what the thread is about.

This Nibiru stuff is a joke, dreamt up by those who want to make a little money off of the gullible and those who want the world to change over night. It is the same with Blossom Goodchild and other con men/women.

Sometimes i think maybe it would be worth going into business, spouting this nonsense and ripping people off, but i couldn't go around lying to people to make money and putting out completely false information into the world. There is enough fo that already.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
... works of educated scholars ...

Well, surely it has never happened that educated scholars (e.g. scientists) were wrong ...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

The problem with all the Blossom Goodchild types is they all attach dates to their prophecies. All the successful/famous prophets have been vague about their prophecies. This way, they are never wrong and hopefully it'll eventually come true.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I would be more concerned with the Democrat and Republican cults. 2012ers are not killing people everyday.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torre
Well, surely it has never happened that educated scholars (e.g. scientists) were wrong ...

It happens all the time, that's why we call them scientists because when proof comes along they adapt their opinions to match it. Nibiru has no proof, just word of mouth. You would think that a large mass out in space, heading towards us would have shown up by now. Granted we only watch small amount of sky but a very large body like a brown dwarf would clearly show up.

Consider the videos and pictures that believers in Nibiru post. They can always be explained as something else. Misidentification of Mars, Jupiter, Venus and other such things show that people want to believe in Nibiru and instead of examining their data critically they make assumptions.

Nibiru is a joke and when 2012 comes along and some of us are at parties, toasting the new year i hope believers in Nibiru hang their heads in shame and apologise. They won't of course because like all believers they will make an excuse to save face.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I can’t say I have an opinion on the subject one way or another but by the end of the first page I was struck by the oddity that someone would create what appears to be a hit piece on a specific target. The follow up of those in agreement seemed mechanical. Maybe now I will reconsider the possibility that certain agendas are actively in play with regard to this issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join