It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Virus Grows Within

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Another thing to note is that there is a steady stream of new members to ATS. With that will always come repetitive threads. Every day you can find a new thread that is the same topic of a thread from yesterday, last week, last month, year....
It's not a virus growing within. It's just the same old topic by a new poster.

If this site were only allowed to contain threads that are backed by 100% tangible facts/evidence, it would be a desolate place. Phage would be bored and out of business with nothing to debunk.

Suggestion: tired of Nibiru and Planet X threads? Don't read them?

How about crying virus about time shifts, or astral projection, or alien abductions, or "secret masonic messages", etc.. Plenty of those daily threads for your flaming.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
well said, ive often thought the same thing.

not only would we be able to see it by now, but we would also be able to see the effects it would be having on other planets.

its just a money maker, and another mystery with which to waste our time. when you are off searching for niburu, your not fighting the bankers or government corruption. weishaupt sums it up nicely.

"Oh, foolish man, what can you not be made to believe?" - Adam Weishaupt

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I believe some people fall way to quick for just reading a couple threads and that they may be dis informed. But the universe is a very vast place for such possibilities. Even if it doesn't happen in our life time or even our solar system im sure it could happen somewhere else. Out in space you never know.

link   
well duh. but other things that include the ideas of it do help connect a few dots with my theories. but it isn't necessarily needed.

i go by ancient writings, not some author, never even heard of him

link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
I must admit, i'm feeling the same way as you, not just about Nibiru, but about HAARP too.

It's like people have been brainwashed by an interesting idea that has no real evidence to back it up.

Project Camelot/David Wilcock/Jordan Maxwell and that Sitchin guy do not help much either.

I'm guessing most of the HAARP/NIBIRU nuts are quite young people who need an escape from reality.

I too agree and concerned about the brainwashed mentality that seems to be evident in a big chunk of the fringe and conspiracy groups.

We had some person in the Mexicali thread going on about a Sun God and sun spots the shape of countries or logos stating where the next disaster will strike. He/She was calling others stupid for telling them that there is no science to back it. This person lives in fantasy and takes their information from uncredible sources which they have looked at pretty pictures but never actually looked at the sun to see what the sunspots are really doing.

The big and I mean BIG issue is that a lot of people take hearsay as the gospel truth. People like David Wilcock who has practically been elevated to a messiah by his flock is under pressure to always produce something, even if it is a downright lie. David Icke is another who has run out of steam and has fallen too far down the rabbit hole. These people also make efficient disinformation agents if turned which I have no doubt Icke is now.

And most of all.......... it's now cool to think outside the box so people are happy to be told what to think by these icons as long as they have a crowd to blend in to with a leader to guide them.

You know when you meet these people because it is impossible to have a logical conversation. "Well this person said this, this person said that". Never do you find that they came to any conclusion by their own means nor do they bring any evidence to the table that they have uncovered themselves.

A lot of what I hear is interesting, I do love listening to, reading and debating it all but I can't bear to argue with people over claims with nothing to back up let alone common sense.

There are too many people in the conspiracy community now, it's almost become a set of religions with it's cult of mindless followers. So not cool.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Oh another virus-like idea with a cult-following:
Imminent Disclosure

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

haha dude, its been confirmed by nasa and other people who download a program that enables you to view things in space.

Google it, They have images of another planet coming towards us. I found the link awhile ago but It's up to you to truly find the facts to be proven wrong.

Yes theres no actual evidence saying YES THIS IS PLANET NIBURI its name is on it. Everything us Humans name is just a name we gave it.

The planet "nibiru" is a mohawk story anyways, Its there sky planet, and when the 2nd sun comes in the sky the red and white serpents will vanish and never be seen again (Considered to be the Illuminati)

If you want confirmed information, speak to natives who have known this same story for centuries.

But the evidence of a planet entering our solar system

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prime-Vector
reply to post by serbsta

haha dude, its been confirmed by nasa and other people who download a program that enables you to view things in space.

Google it, They have images of another planet coming towards us. I found the link awhile ago but It's up to you to truly find the facts to be proven wrong.

Yes theres no actual evidence saying YES THIS IS PLANET NIBURI its name is on it. Everything us Humans name is just a name we gave it.

The planet "nibiru" is a mohawk story anyways, Its there sky planet, and when the 2nd sun comes in the sky the red and white serpents will vanish and never be seen again (Considered to be the Illuminati)

If you want confirmed information, speak to natives who have known this same story for centuries.

But the evidence of a planet entering our solar system

Dude,

Again, Hearsay, bring that evidence here right now. Don't say there is a link.

Show us here and now!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

so your saying that in the egyptian pyramids that were built thousands of years ago, along with the dead sea scrolls and the sumerian tablets which clearly show carvings of a 10th planet, Mohawk prophecies state there is a 10th planet called the sky planet which is where they hail from. this isnt one type of people saying this. All the oldest cultures of the world believe that. As well everyone thats ever studied history knows that every SINGLE culture on this planet believes in a reptilian god race. Chinese, Japaneese, Korean, Indian, African. They are all taught that by there elders, some shown as stories, some as mythical folklore.

But for a myth its kinda hard to believe that 1000s of years ago they came up with the idea of reptilian humandoids.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Perhaps we can just wait until 2012 and see. I mean, it really isn't that far off. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't, but getting all concerned about the poor youth doesn't exactly seem like time well spent either. In fact, the whole debate seems pretty silly to me. We will know soon enough, and in the meantime, I have better stuff to do

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Lets call a spade a spade, yea? Firstly, I find it arrogant in the extreme when here we have a thread with one goal as its aim. To get others with the same views as the OP to castigate nibiru believers.

That is not denying ignorance it is gang mentality. ATS as a tool to enlighten, teach and inform others does not need this type of thread to maintain its integrity. It is bigger than that.

To those that have posted in support, what happened your ability to frequent the threads that you choose? No one is forcing anyone into Nibiru threads to my knowledge??.

IMO this thread is one of the " lamest" examples of group manipulation Ive ever been witness to. How dare those jumping on the bandwagon try to belittle other members who have a diffirent belief.

"Denying Ignorance" should not be a door that closes an open mind. Personally Im on the fence untill Nibiru or whatever they want to call it is proven. Or Untill evidence is provided by any of the supporting posters that it does not exist.

Respects

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Apologies for the double post. My mouse has been fired.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by captiva]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

its not a gang mentality. hes just bringing up the fact that their is no factual evidence. just all speculation.

wouldnt taking sitchins word for it be embracing ignorance? i mean, he couldnt possibly have been wrong could he?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think Serbsta's main concern is the well-being of these poor chaps who buy into such outrageous claims, and the well-being of new and/or younger members who fall for it as well. Most Nibiru followers are adolescents from what I can tell. If I'm wrong, correct me.

Serbsta has a good reputation and when someone like him posts a thread about this concern, it is a legitimate concern. Just like how we look at the reputations of whistleblowers within the UFO community. How good is their reputation? How credible is their information? Serbsta doesn't have a reputation for attacking people for the sake of a "gang mentality" or to belittle anyone.

To each his own, when it comes to outlandish beliefs. But when they start interfering with everything, it becomes a problem. Not that all of these Nibiru threads and such are interfering with everything, they just really don't contribute much to our purpose here on ATS. What more can anyone say about Nibiru? It isn't here and it doesn't look like it is anywhere near, so there is really no need to keep making threads about it until it happens (it won't).

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

Never had the urge to read stitchen so I dont know. What I do know is that those who I respect that are weighing towards our sun having a sister have based their views on putting jig-saw pieces together such as : 3,600 year catastrophes, planets heating up, and other documented evidence and theories. I have no right to question their belief in something that as yet is proven.

My point, in this post, is not about whether nibiru exists. My point is that everyone has a right to their beliefs.

Respects

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
conspiracies..cults..brainwashing...rouge planets...alliens..ancient civilizations...govt manipulating the atmosphere...alot of opinions...all on a cospiracy forum....huh, you don't say

mis-information is all over the place. It is up to the individual to figure it out for themselves. Our own personal beliefs will sorta influence one to seek out certain info..and it will generaly fit into our belief system. It takes alot to change a belief..or as it was told to me..belief- an opinion held as fact. what would it take to change yours?

it an exploration of the world around us facilited by technology.

so for all you newcomers...welcome to ATS

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

That and you have to remember that in 1000 years time, our ancestors may think we have a talking mouse and a Goddess that lives in a house with 7 dwarfs.

No matter what you are told, you always have to take a step away and see it from an unbiased perspective.

And I think questioning something is the most healthy mindset to have, look what happened with the Dark Ages, everyone was too afraid to question what was right for fear of persecution and death. There's no gang mentality in questioning what you are told.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Deny Ignorance. The motto of this fine website. I felt obliged to write this up after a recent (continuing) spate of threads regarding the infamous Nibru (Nibiru). What the authors of the threads regarding this topic are doing is completely contradicting the motto of this website and all that it stands for, it not only relies upon no actual evidence, but actually seeks to connect dots where there are none. Its fair to say that those who subscribe to the theories which speak of Nibru arriving in 2012 are nothing short of cultists. Its even more fair to say, that these beliefs make less sense and hold less substance than some of the older religions such as Christianity and Islam, here’s why:

First to explain why this is nothing short of a cult:

-They rely on no factual evidence.

-It is a faith based mentality.

-They have their ‘holy book’ (Sitchin’s Earth Chronicles) from which their fundamental beliefs are derived.

-They have their ‘coming messiah’, the infamous Nibru.

Now:

-Unlike Christianity/Islam where the historical validity of these religion’s holy documents are still being debated, the Nibru-ists ‘holy book’ is known to be a work of fiction, and their ‘founding father’ is known to be a fictional author.

Why is this cultist mentality dangerous?

-It requires you to suspend your rational and logical side.

-You deflect all proper evidence which contradicts your beliefs.

It’s followers are adamant that they have ‘seen’ this planet, when all ‘evidence’ is easily debunked as something else. Common myths are thrown around such as the fact that the Mayans/Sumerians/Hindu’s all predicted that Nibru would arrive in 2012, when it is completely false. The fact that the name Nibru itself is not even referred to as a planet, but rather a title, in all Sumerian cuneiform, really speaks wonders as to where the information is really derived from (Sitchin). The works of educated scholars are trashed while the works of fictional authors are placed on a pedestal. They continually throw around youtube videos of amateur space shots where the planet in question is either Mars, Venus or a bright star. You could go on and on about how flawed these beliefs are.

Keep your beliefs, but stop preaching around when you have nothing to back up your words. Not all people know how to weigh everything they read on the internet, and when they see 1 thread, 2 threads, 3 threads pop up of youtube videos claiming to show Nibru and a row of posters explaining how through remote viewing they’ve seen Nibru come in 2012, the result is not good.

If I’m the only one who’s concerned about what this fantasy is doing to the integrity of the site, then ignore this post.

If I’m the only one who’s concerned about what this fantasy is doing to some of the younger members of this site, then ignore this post.

If I’m the only one who’s concerned about the alarming growth of this fantasy throughout this site, then ignore this post.

But if I’m not the only one who’s concerned, please speak up. This is a virus that needs to be addressed.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by serbsta]

Since you are so adept at your side of your story, calling everyone who believes that Nemesis & Nibiru do infact exist a bunch of cultists and whatever else you may, you seem to be the one without much traction on your own opinion. You need to remember that Opinions are like sphincters, everyone has one, and you are no exception to the rule.

Just because you don't happen to believe in the historical evidence, biblical evidence, Astronomy and Astrological evidence, does not make your opinion any more valid than that of Sitchin or those of like mind.

It is great that you have YOUR OWN OPINION, but I for one, do not share it and I do believe that historical writtings are historical data that should not be discounted as you so adamantly have tried to do here.

Connecting the dots on a lot of different things brings some truth to the historical data about Nemesis and Nibiru. When they do show up, and they will, what are you going to do? Stick your head in the sand so that the rest of us can kick your tail end ? Are you going to be stuck on the island of denial for eternity because your mind cannot comprehend the absolute truth of their existence?

I would not be so easily willing to dismiss Nemesis / Nibiru as cultist theories. You have no proof to say they don't exist. As a matter of fact, its going to be much harder for you to prove they don't than for me to prove they do!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Without discussion of fringe subjects this place will get vary dull real quick. The real virus is people just posting "anything" that gets moved from forum to forum until it arbitrarily fits in SOMEWHERE and pops up on the front page.

Id prefer a Nibrururururururururu topic taking the space in the forums then some drivel that has nothing to do with conspiracy or hidden secrets of the world. Common or opinion peaces about which country is better or something about gun laws, oranges are better then bowling balls, needs to get off the damn site all together.

Stricter mods polarized to what the site is about Thats the only cure. As for this thread it needs to die too. Its an opinion about the merit of a topic Give me a break. Dont read it Dont sit and spin on your distaste here.

You should air that in said topics IF YOU NEED TO DO THAT that are distasteful.

If your posting THIS as a topic it should be about the site or the forum the post is in not some niche subject to rally some sort of freaking nerd lynching that doesn't accomplish anything.

To put it in even shorter. What site are you on?
What are you complaining about? Really? Honest to god on a site that hosts debate about Interstellar politics and whether or not our politicians are holograms?

Really. Negative press will just get them propelled further into the spotlight. Even if its just you you made it worse by making a thread about it which im sure you didn't intend to do.

OR DID YOU?!?! (DUN DUN DUNNN SECRET CONSPIRACY ABOUT WEB TOPICS REVEALED?!?!?)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OvernightGuy

exactly, you have to question everything continually.

but when people start blindly following something just because they like it, or want to belong to a group, thats unhealthy.

im not gonna argue with people all day about whether or not it exists. but they have to do the research before they start trying to convince others.

nobody can honestly say that it does or doesnt exist, we just dont know. and thats why niburu cant be more than a belief at this point because it cannot be proven either way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join