It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could this be niburu

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Those planets that were detected were not in our solar system.

Correct, but only ten light years away! Just think, thats a blink of an eye, actually.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
I thought Sitchin had been debunked. As far as I can tell Sitchin just made up the whole planet x thing to sell books,

Zacharia Sitchin was recently arrested for having so called false information on Nibiru and for being a threat to national security. Now how can you have false documents and be a threat to national security all at the same time? Do you see the contradiction here?

Does anyone know what happens to people on this planet for telling the truth? They get arrested or worse. Now that one is a fact.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Those planets they have discovered are extrasolar, meaning outside our solar system, and smaller than Jupiter. Nibiru is supposedly inside our solar system and bigger than Jupiter. So, if we have had no problems finding Jupiter sized planets outside our solar system previous to now, why would we have a problem finding a planet larger than Jupiter inside our solar system. Also, as has been stated numerous times already, Sitchin's translations and interpretations are wrong and every expert on Sumeria agrees with that statement. If you want to check Sitchin's translations go ahead and buy Sumerian Lexicon by Michael S. Heiser, who has studied Hieroglyphs, Phoenician, Aramaic, Syriac, Moabite, and Ugartitic cuneiform, Ancient Hebrew, Alexandrian Greek, Aramaic, Akkadian, and Sumerian. Following his PhD. he spent 12 years as a professor and currently works on the Logos Bible Software.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

I did not find a link to an arrest. Can you tell me more so that I read what happened?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Those planets they have discovered are extrasolar, meaning outside our solar system, and smaller than Jupiter. Nibiru is supposedly inside our solar system and bigger than Jupiter. So, if we have had no problems finding Jupiter sized planets outside our solar system previous to now, why would we have a problem finding a planet larger than Jupiter inside our solar system. Also, as has been stated numerous times already, Sitchin's translations and interpretations are wrong and every expert on Sumeria agrees with that statement. If you want to check Sitchin's translations go ahead and buy Sumerian Lexicon by Michael S. Heiser, who has studied Hieroglyphs, Phoenician, Aramaic, Syriac, Moabite, and Ugartitic cuneiform, Ancient Hebrew, Alexandrian Greek, Aramaic, Akkadian, and Sumerian. Following his PhD. he spent 12 years as a professor and currently works on the Logos Bible Software.

Yes, the planet recently discovered is ten light years away..granted..as I said..
I have knowledge of Michael S. Heiser, and he also sells dvd's and books..same thing people accuse Sitchin of..

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
For the love of God, can you all start typing "Nibiru" correctly?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

Do you know who also get arrested? People who make threats against the government like Sitchin did. Albeit, in the end he was not deemed a threat and was let go. I mean if the government were trying to get rid of him why would the New York Times run an article on him and his theories in the January 10, 2010 edition?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think it might come as a surprise to many people to learn that writing was not like the prose we use today. Much of the tablets were lists of goods. Writing with verbs and sentences and telling tales is a much more recent development. I am not sure which tablet dates Sitchin was translating, but it makes a huge difference in knowing was he translating a story or simply creating a story from a "laundry list" of words.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by digby888

This is pretty good.

Lens flare... Unlikely

Moon... Well, a possibilty because of the dust cloud in the way which could result in making the moon an 'Orangey' colour, but I'll take the kids word when he says it isn't

Sun Dog... Could be, but I didn't think you could see a sun dog or a 'mock sun' through dust clouds and shizz like that.

Nibiru... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

EDIT TO ADD:
2012trial.blogspot.com...

That's for the person asking for proof of sitchins arrest.

This is some details about his charge: forums.armageddononline.org...

I'm not saying these are the most reliable sources, but they all explain the apparent arrest of Sitchin

[edit on 19 5uMonday10 20 by vanhippi]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
For the love of God, can you all start typing "Nibiru" correctly?

Why? Does it really matter? Really?

Ok, I see a very strong correlation between Niburu Ahem, Nibiru, and Scientology.

One believes in a pilotable Planet and another believes in a Cartoon Character called Xenu..

Just, Scientilogy did a better job of Brainwashing Tom Cruise and, what's the other big players name, It's on the tip of my toungue, nah, I can't remember, Oh Got it, John Travolta.....

Maybe it's Xenu coming in his Spaceship/Planet..

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
We can all argue until we're blue in the face..the fact is..no one really KNOWS every object out in space..

The OP's video IS interesting, to say the least..

Is it totally impossible that there is something out there..?

What is making our weather crazy? Floods, ice storms where there shouldnt be..etc

What is making more numerous and frequent earthquakes?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

While Heiser has his own theories pertaining to UFOs, including the UFO Nazi connection his work in ancient languages is still regarded as some of the best in the world by those in the field. So, considering that his work with those ancient languages has nothing to do with his conspiracy theories I think it is safe to conclude that the Sumerian Lexicon is accurate. Furthermore, the current edition of the book has 36 sources and isn't even maintained by Heiser anymore, whereas Sitchin only has his own translations to support his theories.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Nibiru? Impossible.

Sun dog or other atmospheric effect? Obviously.

Anything as prominent as the object in the photo can be seen by the naked eye. The hundreds of thousands of amateur telescopes would all be looking at the object if it were in outer space.

Maybe folks on this thread have no idea how many telescopes are out there. Star parties are held all over the US and the rest of the world all year long. Right now there are thousands of amateurs watching the sky. Forget so-called government controlled large scopes. This is a naked eye object. Where are all of the reports from tourists across the globe?

It was in the air. It was something within 15km of the ground. It's atmospheric.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

While Heiser has his own theories pertaining to UFOs, including the UFO Nazi connection his work in ancient languages is still regarded as some of the best in the world by those in the field. So, considering that his work with those ancient languages has nothing to do with his conspiracy theories I think it is safe to conclude that the Sumerian Lexicon is accurate. Furthermore, the current edition of the book has 36 sources and isn't even maintained by Heiser anymore, whereas Sitchin only has his own translations to support his theories.

In agreement, its worth looking into. I just dont agree that all of Sitchin's ideas are false..I think its best to take it all into consideration.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Nibiru? Impossible.

Anything as prominent as the object in the photo can be seen by the naked eye. The hundreds of thousands of amateur telescopes would all be looking at the object if it were in outer space.

Maybe folks on this thread have no idea how many telescopes are out there. Star parties are held all over the US and the rest of the world all year long. Right now there are thousands of amateurs watching the sky. Forget so-called government controlled large scopes. This is a naked eye object. Where are all of the reports from tourists across the globe?

It was in the air. It was something within 15km of the ground. It's atmospheric.

This is what makes me think.... This guy just posted a video of Nibiru, and there're plenty of other pictures/videos of the apparent Nibiru on the internet... so people are reporting it... BUT, people like you are always saying "Well surely other people would've seen it"

truth is, they are, and they have reported it...

And also Sun Dogs are never a fully solid object like that, they are normally quite transparent, which would make it difficult to spot through dust clouds, especially on camera

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Is our weather that crazy? Not really. Crazy weather was years ago. Back in 1887 I think there was a blizzard that dropped the temperature from 60F to -40F in a day killing hundreds of people in the US plains. In 1816 I think there was the year without a summer in which it snowed in New England every month of the year and people starved to death when their crops froze in June, July, and August.

Are there more earthquakes than usual? Not really. There are hundreds of thousands of earthquakes each year. Check out the USGS earthquake maps.

USGS earthquakes last 8-30 days

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by vanhippi

Nibiru? Impossible.

This is what makes me think.... This guy just posted a video of Nibiru, and there're plenty of other pictures/videos of the apparent Nibiru on the internet... so people are reporting it... BUT, people like you are always saying "Well surely other people would've seen it"

truth is, they are, and they have reported it...

And also Sun Dogs are never a fully solid object like that, they are normally quite transparent, which would make it difficult to spot through dust clouds, especially on camera

No, other people haven't seen it, when people say other people, we don't mean another person with a crappy digital camera or cell phone pictures, we mean solar astronomers, people who take these photos as hobbies or as their entire careers, why are they not saying something about an extra planet in the sky? Even more, how come we haven't experienced any gravitational effects of an entire planet entering the solar system?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by vanhippi

Sun dogs transparent. I have to disagree there. They are so bright as to appear as objects.

Just because a few people post lights seen in the sky does not mean that the light is in outer space. If the objects were in space then they would be seen day after day after day and that is not true. People are reporting transient events that are atmospheric in nature.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by vanhippi

The question is though how many of the people posting these videos already believed in Nibiru? From my experience the people posting these videos are willing to defend Sitchin to the death and aren't willing to accept any alternative theories as to what they might have seen. That would indicate that they are merely projecting their beliefs into explainable phenomena.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Is our weather that crazy? Not really. Crazy weather was years ago. Back in 1887 I think there was a blizzard that dropped the temperature from 60F to -40F in a day killing hundreds of people in the US plains. In 1816 I think there was the year without a summer in which it snowed in New England every month of the year and people starved to death when their crops froze in June, July, and August.

Are there more earthquakes than usual? Not really. There are hundreds of thousands of earthquakes each year. Check out the USGS earthquake maps.

USGS earthquakes last 8-30 days

Well, ya got me there..the earth does go through cycles, it seems.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join